Code of Conduct

Default A Big +1 For Givenchy PI - - WOW

Well I went to a local store today and was sniffing around and decided to spray and seen what I considered an odd looking bottle. Picked it up and it was Givenchy PI, sprayed some on a test card waited a minute or so and WOW. This stuff smells incredible, so smooth. I will definitaly be picking up a bottle of this for Fall and Winter use!

Any other PI fans out there? I felt Pi deserves so much praise it was worth starting a thread for, great juice!

Default Re: A Big +1 For Givenchy PI - - WOW

I loved it on the card and on my skin at first but it very quickly made me feel nauseous

Hope it doesnt have that effect on you!

Thrax

Pi is a most excellent scent, I love it. Excellent longevity and sillage. I would make love to it if I could.

I have both EdT and EdP. It`s a great scent that I do not wear often, though.
    Incredible lasting power and sillage, and definitely one of the most bold, provocative and impressive scents in the history of (men`s) perfumeria. It doesn`t leave anyone cold - let`s put it that way.

Blog Entries

I just recently (since it's become warmer) discovered Pi & I'm stashing this one away for winter. I LOVE it, but I can only wear half sprays on each wrist & sides of my neck. This is about HALF the amount I wear of any other scent. It can be very headache inducing to both yourself as the wearer, and most likely anyone around you, lol. But worn sparingly, it's a very intoxicating and inviting fragrance, IMO.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    I have both EdT and EdP. It`s a great scent that I do not wear often, though.
    Pi EDP!! Where did you get that? I need that!

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Somedude
    Pi EDP!! Where did you get that? I need that!
    http://www.perfumebay.com/pi10medp.html

Once i've had the chance to try this almost-impossible-to-find version from a really generous basenoter. I remember the EDP really just intensified the woody notes, it was a bit richer and probably a bit less powdery and cloying as the EDT, i think it enhances the original in much of the same way as HM EDP did to its EDT, worth checking out.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    http://www.perfumebay.com/pi10medp.html

Once i've had the chance to try this almost-impossible-to-find version from a really generous basenoter. I remember the EDP really just intensified the woody notes, it was a bit richer and probably a bit less powdery and cloying as the EDT, i think it enhances the original in much of the same way as HM EDP did to its EDT, worth checking out.
    I bought my small (30ml) bottle from the local store.

HackerX was very much right there, although I can`t do comparison between HM scents...

While EdT is VERY outward, shiny and powdery, EdP is more refined, woody and dense. They both last a same amount of time, no difference there.

Overall, I think EdP is much more silent scent in this case, which is kind of interesting.

Hmm, I had no idea there was an EDP-version.

You should certainly try the Fraîche-edition: I find the original just a bit too sweet but the added orange(zeste)-note in this fresher version really balances it!

I don't really get the appeal of Pi. It isn't bad, I just feel like lots of other gourmands out there are a whole lot better.

I have the EDP version and now, as of yesterday, the EDT version also.

The difference follows the usual lines - the EDP goes to the mid- and base notes quicker and has a more linear drydown, whilst staying closer to the skin. Because the EDT lasts so long anyway, I'm not sure there's any difference between the two in that respect.

This is a superb fragrance in either form, but simply must not be overapplied, or it becomes sickly - a bit like one spoonful of pudding too many!

I bought two 30ml bottles of the EdP version a few months ago (for a grand total of £18 on eBay!). Personally, I prefer this to the EdT - it's richer, more sensual and less powdery. Also, I previously compared the two versions on my wrists, and noticed that the EdT smelt too synthetic and 'cheap' on drydown. The EdP, on the other hand, just kept getting better...

I think that the original and the fraiche are excellent scents. But I only could apply very little since they are very powerful.

The bottle is probably my favorite of all time.

I saw the EDP version in Douglas Cosmetics right after it came out but I never bought it. The SA told me it was more woody and less sweet.

I hope you tried it regardless of what the SA said - a lot of them are full of s***.