Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

I'm a big fan of AdP Colonia and Colonia Assoluta, so when this very afternoon I found a store where they carried Lavanda Tonica, it took me a great effort not to purchase it blind (they had no tester) and check Basenotes first, but the directory reviews haven't been very helpful. Anyone here has tried this one? Is it worth the price?
    I will thank your opinions!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

I bought a tester of it down here when it was going ultra cheap. It's a bit basic though quite okay, but I've got plenty of lavander scents I like more (Lanvin l'Homme, Azzaro Pure Lavender) because they're stronger and more complex.

I'd never have paid full price for it unless I was allergic to standard designer scents (which is the reason my cousin only uses the Aqua di Parma type scents).
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

Gus,
    I'm a big fan of AdP Colonia too, but Lavanda Tonica never does enough for me. Renato is right when he says it's nice enough but that's really a doom description. Nice enough lavender? Fine, but I've got great lavender in Pour un Homme and Jicky, among others, so LT isn't going to be for me. (Molinard's Lavande is also a great one and cheap.)

Sorry to rain on your excitement. Down the road you're sure to be able to smell it somewhere. I hope you like it when that time comes and blame me for steering you wrong this time. But I don't think LT comes close to measuring up to the perfection of the original AdP.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.