Code of Conduct
    Radames65

Default How much cologne can we really stock-pile?

I always keep extras of favorites, and of course stock-pile when they there are good deals. But, if the magazines are to believed (I think it was Men's Health) most aren't good after two years. How long will sealed fragrances keep. I hope I get around to using them!

Default Re: How much cologne can we really stock-pile?

I'm sure if you follow the proper storage tips for your open bottles, the life of your sealed bottles would be prolonged as well. Cool, dry, no sunlight or heat blah blah. It should last signifcantly longer then 2 years, hopefully.

I have bottles that are over 5 years old and they smell just like the day I first got them. I store mine in their original boxes in the closet. I find that exposure to sunlight and heat really degrades the scent. For example, I had a bottle of Claiborne Sport that I left on the window sill in direct sunlight. After about two months, it smelled of nothing but alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Radames65
    I always keep extras of favorites, and of course stock-pile when they there are good deals.
    Is it worth stockpiling? Time = money (i.e. interest paid), so all factors being equal it is cheaper to buy later. And as far as price is concerned, when was the last time a fragrance became more expensive after being on the market for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by xilonic
    [quote author=Radames65 link=1150585491/0#0 date=1150585491]I always keep extras of favorites, and of course stock-pile when they there are good deals.
    Is it worth stockpiling? Time = money (i.e. interest paid), so all factors being equal it is cheaper to buy later. And as far as price is concerned, when was the last time a fragrance became more expensive after being on the market for a while?[/quote]

I like to stockpile on fragrances that I know are being discontinued. Patou Pour Homme, DK Men/Fuel, Havana, and Balenciaga Pour Homme are clear examples of why many of us like to hoard our scents.

If I had bought many bottles of Patou Pour Homme back when it was still being sold at retail, I'd be able to sell them today and make a huge profit.