Code of Conduct

Default New unisex Gaultier 2  ?

Anybody tried? (Vanilla, amber, musk are promised in it - that's all I know)

Default Re: New unisex Gaultier 2 *?

Someone posted a topic about this a month ago I believe, so you might want to do a search. He said that it was very similar to JPG Pour Femme. It is linear and doesn't develop either. I'm a big fan of Le Male so I'm curious to know what this new one will smell like. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Out of all the new launches,this is THE ONE i am waiting for..... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: New unisex Gaultier 2  ?

Any idea when it will be launched?

I received a sample yesterday...gonna put in on today...let you know !

Renz

super [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's launched on Oct. 3rd, but there's an exclusivity launch in Galleries Lafayette in Paris since yeasterday.

I'm planning on going this afternoon, during my lunch break. I'm excited after all I've heard about this new perfume!! I'm a big fan of Gaultier's perfumes!

It's here in Belgium [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

I have it on a strip lying right next to me at this very moment. And since it's not supposed to evolve or dry down, I guess I'm allowed to form an opinion right now: it resembles the women's classic quite a lot, Very sweet and bubblegummy. It doesn't seem to be the most complex fragrance however, but I like it!

I'm very curious about this one...

A small update: it seems just a tad too feminine too my taste. I think I'm going to buy this for my girlfriend this afternoon, that way I can smell it all the time without having to wear it myself [smiley=evil.gif]

Apekrul has it right...Have it on me the whole day and I must say, a more feminine than masculine frag...
    A bit disappointed becoz its not so original as the first JPG...I smell a resemblance to Comme des garšons MAN 2, but this one is more complicated and masculine IMO..
    NOt gonna buy JPG 2...Not special enough...

Renz

Anybody has a picture of the bottle?

Mic.

Even though you guys got negative comments I'm still very curious and excited about it. Can't wait until it hits my skin (and I hate Le Male so it has nothing to do with their previous, erm, smells).

I tested it a month or so ago and was really impressed. It reminded me quite a bit of the original womens scent. It lasts forever and doesnt develop at all, but thats the point!

I've been craving it ever since!

It is very feminine but what the hell!

I did post about it at the time but I cant seem to find it when I search.

Ah well!

I'm very intruiged by that feminine side of it everyone is talking about. I usually fall for those... And also that bubblegum note some people mentioned.

GnuGnuAntiloop

I have it (got it from Ebay) and it is indeed very similar to Gaultier "Classic" like others before me have already pointed out. And they are so very similar that I had to test them side by side to find out the differences!

To my nose Gaultier2 lacks the floral notes of Classic - perhaps not entirely, but mostly anyway. If you can test the latter one, let it dry down for several hours and then you can smell the Gaultier2! And it won't change from that! I feel tempted to claim that this "new" creation is basically the basenotes of Classic with a faint hint of Bvlgari Black lurking around.

Since these two creations from mr Gaultier are so similar I started to wonder if he actually intended to rework Classic just a little bit and put this "new" juice in a new bottle, which has a unisex look? Could it be that there are so many male consumers who would like to wear Classic on themselves, but don't dare to do that due to the bottle desing (a female torso)?

Regards,
    Tero

I don't agree at all that Gaultier▓ smells like Classique. There is just common note on both fragrances which is vanilla but otherwise Classique is a rose,orange blossom, ginger note perfume and Gaultier▓ contains amber and musk (apart from vanilla). I find the musky note stands out quite by itself, at least on my skin, while Classique is powdery and vanilla sweet. They are 2 fragrances to be worn on quite different occassions.

My opinion in anycase...

I received a sample today.
    I'm part of those who think that Gaultier▓ smells very much like Gaultier Classic with some sort of liquorice note with indeed more musk than vanilla. They could have called it Gaultier Classic▓ actually.
    It's the first mainstream unisex fragrance that smells more feminine than masculine, usually it's the other way arround. IMHO Alien was also inspired by Gaultier Classic. Alien could also, in that case, easely been marketed as a unisex scent (because of its vetiver basenotes).

I already own both Gaultier Classic and Alien, so I think I will pass on Gaultier▓ at this point. Would Gaultier▓ have been released before Alien, I might have passed on Alien...

I bought my 4ozer today! WEEE HEEE!

Oh how I love this stuff and it lasts FOREVER!

WEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEEE!

Check this short Manga Movie "the fragrance Alchemist " out about Gaultier2. You can even make your own movie

http://www.telemak.com/clients/jpg/m.../movie_sm.html

summer means fireflys

Where are you guys finding this? I'm dying to try it ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

i sniffed it 2 weeks ago in paris, to my nose it opens like 'le male' & then dries down like the feminin 'classiqe'.
    i found nothing new in this juice, but it is nice , ...& yes more feminin.

tried this one this afternoon and: . What a scent! I'm normally not so much into vanilla scents, but this one is impressive, not so subtle, but daring and very "in your face". It's definitely feminine but not unwearable for a guy, not sure i'd dare to wear it, but I love that fragrance, couldn't stop smelling it all the way home. Reminds me JPG Classique, and also Opium (woman version).
    After having smelled a few acqua or blue fragrances, this was definitely a shock, but a happy shock.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum ╔go´ste
    my wardrobe

If one has tried Joop! Homme, Gaultier2 edges it even more over to the feminine side. There's a very full candied and pungent jasmine note to it.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

G2 has garnered a bevy of compliments. There is nothing shy about it. Def worth trying.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]