Code of Conduct

Default Dreamer and Dolce PH ?

I'm down to a short list for dad's day gift ideas. I have fallen in love with Dreamer and Dolce. I was slow to testing these two but now that I have -- I love them both. They are both somewhat similar with great sillage and longevity. Usually sillage and longevity would be the tie breaker -- so I'm kind of stuck. Dreamer seems more smooth and Dolce a bit more sweet in the drydown. Any thoughts on your end to break the tie?

Thanks guys!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Default Re: Dreamer and Dolce PH ?

Well d&g is too popular,so dreamer wins there, but dreamer has its love and hate crowds, what if he doesn't like dreamer. I like them both, I know that wasn't much help.

one reply... :'(

Thanks flee for your insight.
    Peace ~ Markymark

I prefer the D&G myself. Dreamer is a bit synthetic for me and I'm not usually picky about that. I wouldn't worry about D&G being overly popular amoung dads. Thats not to say its not a great pick for a dad - it really is quite rich and mature, but I think the over popularity is more among the club crowd.

Go for the Dolce.

I know: buy D&G for your Dad and Dreamer for yourself, that way you get to enjoy both frags! Me, I slightly prefer Dreamer to D&G because it's built around one of my favourite notes - iris.

Oh and, Stefano Gabbana would be really miffed at your referring to the frag as DOLCE.

Thanks guys -- I appreciate the insight Duxie about Mr. Gabbana. Didn't know what D & G was named after. Now I do. So cool to learn new things about the fragrance world.

By the way, the ideas are for my Father's day gift as my wife wants a list... isn't she nice. My dad is good to go.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    Thanks guys -- I appreciate the insight Duxie about Mr. Gabbana. Didn't know what D & G was named after. Now I do. So cool to learn new things about the fragrance world.
    OK...bad joke. I apologize for being an arrogant ass, although that was never my intention.

Duxie -- I didn't take it that way. No prob man.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Whew! :-)

Ok. I am not a big fan of D&G ph. In fact, its one of my least favorite fragrances. But I do understand why so many folks like it. Its, smooth but still a little grungy and rough around the edges. Sorta like one of those grunge rock-lite bands. To me it just smells of gold chains and fake tanning spray. Metaphorically, of course. Totally counterfeit.
    But The Dreamer is the real deal. Its the smell of a hand rolled cigars in a piano bar in Cuba. Wonderful stuff.

Just my opinions, of course.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Dolce smells like cut grass mixed with rotten lemons and urine to me. Go with The Dreamer.

I'd say go with Dreamer. I have bought this fragrance twice, and my current bottle is a little more than half gone. I don't wear it everyday, as it has tobacco leaf in it and I am slightly concerned about fragrances with tobacco in them, but only slightly. Anyways, it is quite a nice fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep
    I'd say go with Dreamer. *I have bought this fragrance twice, and my current bottle is a little more than half gone. *I don't wear it everyday, as it has tobacco leaf in it and I am slightly concerned about fragrances with tobacco in them, but only slightly. *Anyways, it is quite a nice fragrance.
    why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=yepyep link=1150176667/0#11 date=1150273460]I'd say go with Dreamer. *I have bought this fragrance twice, and my current bottle is a little more than half gone. *I don't wear it everyday, as it has tobacco leaf in it and I am slightly concerned about fragrances with tobacco in them, but only slightly. *Anyways, it is quite a nice fragrance.
    why is that?[/quote]

Do you mean why is it that I'm concerned about the tobacco leaf ingredient, or why am I concerned only slightly about it?

Do you mean why is it that I'm concerned about the tobacco leaf ingredient, or why am I concerned only slightly about it?
    My guess would be that the question relates to the former.

As for DG vs Versace..........

I have both. Both have a "love / hate" following here on Basenotes. Both have also been charged with being "overly synthetic", something I really don't see in either of them. I personally find DG to be a bit more versatile. I have no problems wearing DG in a business setting, or out for a night on the town. Dreamer is a bit more of an enigma.....a great fragrance, but quirky in a way that I won't be able to adequately explain in this post...it's probably been a year or so since I dug it out and wore it.

So in summary:

Avant Garde frag / "Let's be Different" - Versace Dreamer

Versatile / Quality / Safe - DG PH

I'm sure that doesn't help much given the lack of specificity, but as always, in the end, only your nose knows for sure. Give 'em both a try in the form of a sample!

Cheers,
    Jim

I can't decide between these two, I like both....it depends on the situation

As others said D&G ph is more versatile, most for evening wear, but also for a formal evening dinner.

The dreamer is more romantic, a bit more smooth(like Le male, Rochas man). Its good when you want to wear something special. I think it's a bit more sexy I think, more floral and less fresh than D&G ph.

I want buy both and you can decide between these two. The dreamer is more for younger people
    (18-25), that's my opinion. But I think both frags are more for people at the age of 18-35.

[quote author=Joel_Cairo link=1150176667/0#12 date=1150290898][quote author=yepyep link=1150176667/0#11 date=1150273460]I'd say go with Dreamer. *I have bought this fragrance twice, and my current bottle is a little more than half gone. *I don't wear it everyday, as it has tobacco leaf in it and I am slightly concerned about fragrances with tobacco in them, but only slightly. *Anyways, it is quite a nice fragrance.
    why is that?[/quote]

Do you mean why is it that I'm concerned about the tobacco leaf ingredient, or why am I concerned only slightly about it?[/quote]

oops sorry I forgot to check back... is there something about tobacco accords that is dangerous?

I've heard that fragrances with tobacco accords may cause cancer. Who knows if it's true or not.

Is this really true??

Any opinions??