Code of Conduct

Default POST YOUR COMPLIMENTS HERE

Let's keep this regularly updated of your recent compliments and the fragrance you were wearing when you were complimented.

Today (1st June 2006) I was wearing Kouros and was told that I smelt "good enough to eat"!

Default Re: Best compliment you have ever received on a fr

As of the past week, it would have to be Bond No. 9's BLEECKER STREET. Young women wanted to be around me because they said I smelled " Sooo good.."! Another one said it reminded her of the beach A thumbs up for BLEECKER STREET!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Default Re: POST YOUR COMPLIMENTS HERE

i received several compliments on sweet oriental dream by montale

Basenotes Plus

Red Rose- Seriously, what were you wearing?

Haha Stuigi - I was wearing YSL Kouros. She loved it! 8-)

Had just a sample squirt of L/a's Timbuktu on my hand after receiving a sample from Grey Swan and a young Lady told me it was one of the best she's ever smelled. She's my 'cologne sniffer' at work and I ask her opinion of different ones as I get them. I like it too!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by absynthium
    i received several compliments on sweet oriental dream by montale
    I was under the impression that Sweet Oriental Dream would be pretty hard for a guy to pull off. I haven't tried it though, so it's not really my place to say. Unfortunately for myself, well, I'm on a bit of a compliment cold streak.

Creed Original Vetiver - said my department secretary "you smell really great ! What are you wearing??"
    -

- the secretary in my department, she is in her 20's - "you smell yummy". Uomo Moschino.

- mailroom girl around 21 years old - "you smell nice". L'instant De Guerlain Pour Homme.

- long time coworker female in her late 40's - "you smell great". Boucheron Pour Homme.

- regular waitress in her late 20's - "you smell great". Incanto Pour Homme.

- regular waitress in her mid-40's - "that cologne smells good". Incanto Pour Homme.

I have received compliments for:

- Neroli by Czech & Speake
    - L'Impact de Pour un Homme by Caron
    - Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    - Gendarme (the Original) by Gendarme
    - Vetiver by Guerlain

Big compliment from a friend who thought I smelled "awesome" wearing Kouros today!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    [quote author=absynthium link=1149189668/0#2 date=1149193187]i received several compliments on sweet oriental dream by montale
    I was under the impression that Sweet Oriental Dream would be pretty hard for a guy to pull off. *I haven't tried it though, so it's not really my place to say. *Unfortunately for myself, well, I'm on a bit of a compliment cold streak.[/quote]
    yes it 's stated as feminine but i received compliments from men and women and they didnt tought it was a feminine perfume

Roma Uomo - Managment growled at me
    DKNY Red Delicious - Many many compliments from various ladies at a club
    Mugler Cologne - Managment growled at me again

I just flipped trough the member photos. 99% of you are lean and fit! No wonder you get compliments and i dont

"mmmmm....your cologne smells fantastic" - Boss #6 yesterday, it was the first compliment in over a month >

1. Cool Water - female colleagues, 24 & 25 yrs old - "Hmm, you smell great & fresh".
    2. 212 men - my sister "What scent is that?"
    3. CK Be - my mother "Why are you wearing frag at home? But nice anyway."

Our frag culture is different here. The cost of designers' frags is very high, compared with the living cost. Here, 1 US dollar can buy 1 meal with soft drink. A movie ticket costs USD3. So, not many people wear expensive frags, and if they do, most of them don't wear it if to stay home, but to go out. My family doesn't get used to this yet but as time goes by I hope they will. However, AXE deo spray and other similar brands are very popular here as they're cheap, only USD1.5 - 3 per bottle.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

My compliment situation has been a bit weird lately. I've gotten 3 in the last few days, but not the kind that I usually get. Let me explain:

1. Chillin' in the car with one of my best friends. I see him literally every day of the week and literally every day of the week I'm wearing something and he has never complimented me before. Out of the blue he says "that's really good cologne." I was wearing Black Oud by Montale. The other weird thing about Black Oud is that I used a carpet cleaner today that smelled almost exactly like it. I hear it has bad sillage though so I'ma stick with the Black Oud.

2. Ok, this is the least weird. I had some people over to my house last night and I was wearing Geir and this guy said I smelled nice.

3. This guy who I don't know that well who is cool I guess but isn't always the nicest fellow randomly complimented me tonight. He asked me what I was wearing, and after I told him it was by Frederic Malle, he said he has a neighbor who wears a Malle fragrance. I dunno if that's true, and I sort of doubt it, but cool I guess. Oh, and in case you care I was wearing Musc Ravageur. I really liked it but thought it would have been even nicer if it was cold outside. A side note about this one- how can people possibly say that this has bad longevity?! I get like 6+ hours of good sillage out of this and then it lingers after that forever! If this doesn't last on you, nothing will.

It was kinda lame that I only got compliments from dudes, but better than none at all I guess. On a brighter note, chock up 2 in the niche column! Yea! Actually, come to think of it, for all practical purposes Geir is a niche scent also. Make it 3, err, 2.5. I'm willing to compromise. It's nice to know that the people around me actually like the niche scents I wear and don't just think that I'm just some crazy guy who walks around smelling weird. Who am I kidding I probably am that guy a lot and it's fun to be him! For all you people who aren't comfortable wearing weird scents yet, give it a few months and some middle fingers and you'll be good to go.

What's your usual replies when someone compliments on your fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    I have received compliments for:

- Neroli by Czech & Speake
    - L'Impact de Pour un Homme by Caron
    - Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    - Gendarme (the Original) by Gendarme
    - Vetiver by Guerlain
    I have also received compliments for:
    - Egoiste by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    What's your usual replies when someone compliments on your fragrance?
    My reply is always an immediate, very simple, and very direct, "Thank you"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    [quote author=Xen link=1149189668/15#17 date=1149418958]What's your usual replies when someone compliments on your fragrance?
    My reply is always an immediate, very simple, and very direct, "Thank you"

[/quote]

Same for me. I don't go into what frag it is unless they ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    The other weird thing about Black Oud is that I used a carpet cleaner today that smelled almost exactly like it. I hear it has bad sillage though so I'ma stick with the Black Oud.
    lol!

My compliments recently have come from: Geir, from which I get one almost every day I wear it, and A*Men, from a couple of random women at the club.

lady at work: you smell nice, is it ck one?
    me: no soda
    lady at work: i do not know that one.
    me.

me: no soda
    me.

me: no, soda
    me: that's why i wore it

Hamptons.

I had one girl smell me and call one of her friends over. And both called two more girls over. I had 4 girls circling me and smelling me at the same time. I was flooded with compliments.

A lady said to me, "Oh my god, ben- you smell great. Is that you?" And of course it was. And of course it was Kouros.

Granted, it's the first compliment I've ever received while wearing it.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

the last compliment I got was about 2 years ago and it was for lalique's equss.

I always got, "You smell so good!.....and clean!" when I used to wear Monsieur Musk all the time.
    I got compliments from men and women, but mostly from women.

S

Last one I got was from a sick ER patient, surprisingly...a patient suffering with nausea and abdomen pain....said I smelled terrific, like a breath of fresh air. (not surprising in an ER full of nasty bodily smells) Wearing....Creed GIT. She actually told me she wanted me to stand next to the bed for the next hour or so, but others needed my services and the refreshing quality of my sillage...lol!! ;D

Actually I received a lot of compliments with UNGARO 1 original, but these compliments came only from guys (why not)....

I broke out the Allure last night for a client meeting. Allure Fresh that is and one woman was mesmerized with the scent and asked what it was and told me she LOVED it while her knees were shaking...!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Funny enough, I went to my mom's place for a birthday/father's day cookout...as much as I love the random girls compliments, my mom and grandma just absolutely loved Guerlain Vetiver. My mom even bashed Curve...hahaha!! I haven't worn any kind of fragrance around her for a while since she was fighting cancer (the last one was the abortion that should have been, curve) it all made her sick, with the chemo and all. But I figured it's been long enough since then...and went with the unoffensive yet very present Vetiver. She couldn't stop talking about how clean and fresh it was. I decided to tell her of my addiction and the history of G. Vetiver. Turns out I forgot that my mom was a frag addict from very young...(didn't remember the YSL Opium, etc that she had in her collection years ago) However, she never heard of Vetiver at all. Grandma actually suggested that I get Pap some to get rid of that awful old spice he's been slathering on after shaving for years. LOL!! Just a funny situation I thought I should share.

Oh hell, almost forgot...my first wearing of Odeur 53....I wore it to the hospital for work. Not a light application either, since I loved it so much from first spray. A Nurse's aide...young girl probably 28 or so, very kind girl, very timid...just loved it. I got a "you smell so good!" I didn't get that from the creed's I've been wearing of late. I find it kind of interesting who compliments things like 53 and 71 considering how "avant-garde" they are.

I wore Bulgari Black to work and my co-worker told me if her husband smelled like me he might get some....