Code of Conduct

Thread: Dark Oriental

Default Dark Oriental

Hey all,
    I'm looking for a real dark oriental fragrance. Something exotic and mysterious. Any suggestions?
    p.s. I tried and didn't get along with le male
    thanks everyone,
    m

Default Re: Dark Oriental

Jaipur, L'Instant, Gucci PH...
    Peace ~ Markymark

The darkest I can think of is Frankincense - Myrrh - Rose Maroc perfume oil by Regina Harris. In some ways it is too dark, and becomes more like a room fragrance.

OTOH, have you tried M7?

Your search is over my friend. Get your hands on some Dior Homme Eau Noire ASAP.

Thanks for the recs so far guys. I own M7 and love it very much. Eau Noire I've tried but I don't know if it's really wearable for me. Spicy indeed and dark but it lacks a little romance on my skin. I tried noir epices and liked it a lot. Jaipur sounds intruiging.
    m

Try for something with a woodsier incense edge, like Arpege Homme.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by marczilla
    Thanks for the recs so far guys. *I own M7 and love it very much. *Eau Noire I've tried but I don't know if it's really wearable for me. *Spicy indeed and dark but it lacks a little romance on my skin. *I tried noir epices and liked it a lot. *Jaipur sounds intruiging.
    m
    I was actually going to recommend FM Noir Epices but I really didn't find it to be a true oriental scent so I passed. If you like dark try C&S No. 88, I just got a bottle and it's fabulous. Not really an oriental but definitely dark with a heavy sandalwood note. Also I can't remember, haven't smelt it in a while but Ungaro I might be something you're looking for. I remember it being slightly sweet with a certain darkness to it. Also Montale Black Aoud is also worth a try.

Good Luck

Eau Noir is perhaps the most sophisticated among the dark ones. I just discovered it for myself, but the 'dark' aura is there for less than 30 minutes, while the frankincense is dominant. The dry down of EN seems quite civilized. Much more moderate ones, like Quorum, Aramis and Polo Green (fantastic for a European nose, no oriental and old hat) I find darker all along. In my books EN is no oriental, and about as 'sinister' as Bandit, Yatagan, Arabie, or SMN Peau d'Espagne.

I quickly collected first ideas on a couple of Montale scents - there seem to be some very nice dark ones to be discovered - sufficiently oriental.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Egoiste

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

What about Ormonde for Men? *Nice rich and dark... or Idole by Lubin, very exotic, or finally L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer.

http://www.ormondejayne.com/
    http://www.parfum-lubin.fr/
    http://www.tauerperfumes.com/

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Ungaro II--a dark Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Obsession for Men--Calvin Kline
    Santos and Santos Concentree--Cartier
    Carven Pour Homme

No. 88 is certainly dark

Perhaps not a typical oriental but certainly mysterious: Messe de Minuit by Etro.

The pinnacle of mysterious orientals for me is Opium pour Homme (EDP) by YSL, without a doubt!

I suggest that you try:

- Habit Rouge EDP and Heritage, both by Guerlain
    - Equipage by Hermes

Thrax

Opium EDP by YSL. Hell, I'll even sell ya a bottle. PM me if interested

Looking for a dark oriental? Need also some romance in it?
    Well, Fumerie Turque seems to perfectly fit the bill: dark, smoky, spicy but sorrunded by a sensual sweetness. Give it a try!

yep ill second that,, opium edp ,,, but make sure you get EDP !!! not EDT the edt in my nose is sweeter, and projects a bit toooooo much. The EDP is dryer and just ooozes class. if you can get some. I am in the UK and it is hard 2 get hence my 2 bottles! i tried to swap one on here but nobody was interested! i only use it on special occasions! ps, if anybody still wants it from the uk, i will swap! i have 1 half bottle to swap of EDP! anything considered!

the other is c&s 88. a lttle bit posh mind! and more woody :-*
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Body Kouros (YSL)

I think that both Chergui and Fumerie Turque are very dark. They are both amazing smells too. Those get my vote.

Patchouly by Mazzolari, Caron´s Tabac Blond or Vaniteck by Molinard!

One more: Montale's Greyland (dark and spicy)

Opium pour Homme (EDP) is my favorite! It's dark, rich and lasts forever. It clings to my clothes and I can smell it when I do laundry. It also gets on the sheets and stays for a while, which I find soothing at night.

Messe de Minuit is certainly dark, with a lot of incense, but too "thin" to be an oriental. In fact, it reminds me of those Gonesh brand charcol incense cones. Everyone talks of it being "cold", but to me, it's rather warm, dry, but slightly sweet. It stays very close to the skin.

Bandit is very dark, but I would'nt call it an oriental. I would'nt know what fragrance class to put that one in.
    It's just on it's own.

S

Quote Originally Posted by stevolution
    Opium pour Homme (EDP) is my favorite! It's dark, rich and lasts forever. It clings to my clothes and I can smell it when I do laundry. It also gets on the sheets and stays for a while, which I find soothing at night.

Messe de Minuit is certainly dark, with a lot of incense, but too "thin" to be an oriental. In fact, it reminds me of those Gonesh brand charcol incense cones. Everyone talks of it being "cold", but to me, it's rather warm, dry, but slightly sweet. It stays very close to the skin.

Bandit is very dark, but I would'nt call it an oriental. I would'nt know what fragrance class to put that one in.
    It's just on it's own.

S
    I might call Bandit a 'green woody leather' or maybe a 'tangy fougere'. But taxonomy is not my forte.
    Personally, I think that Bandit gets recommended way too often around here... Of course, this is just my personal experience, but if money was more of a problem for me, I would have been pissed when I first got my bottle of Bandit (said purchase was based largely on reviews). I know, buying blind is stupid, and I'm not saying that I regret buying it. I'm glad that I own it, even though I'll never wear it. But for someone on a budget, Bandit should remain uncharted territory at first.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]