Code of Conduct

Default Please, tell me about Eau du Fier!!

I just received an e-mail from Annick Goutal (NL), and they said they have only three bottles of this left in their stock.
    They asked me to give a speedy reply of the possible buy.

Now, this seems to be very much my cup of tea, but for the price (67e inc.ship) I very much have to hesitate.

I have tried to get sample of this, but it seems to be very difficult. And, apparently there isn`t a Basenoter who would have a decant of this (?)
    (If someone would be able to send me a sample of this, I`d be more than grateful)

Can you tell me anything about this scent??

Thank you!

Default Re: Please, tell me about Eau du Fier!!

Sorry about this bump, but I`m quite in rush with this... :-[

Anyone??

PM, it's a very smokey tea scent, and I mean, VERY smokey. I love Goutal fragrances, but this was a bit too smokey from me. Think Goutals Duel, but a bit more extreme. Hope it helps. I wish I had a sample of it to send to you, but haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    PM, it's a very smokey tea scent, and I mean, VERY smokey. I love Goutal fragrances, but this was a bit too smokey from me. Think Goutals Duel, but a bit more extreme. Hope it helps. I wish I had a sample of it to send to you, but haven't.
    Hey, thanks Eric for your opinion. I have indeed tried Duel, so this helps me a bit, no doubt.
    Yes, I`ve understood it`s very extreme, and so it`s not that wearable perhaps... I suppose that`s why it got discontinued too. :-/

Its pure campfire smoke......
    you know how your clothes reek of smoke after you've sat at a camp fire....that's eau de fier
    I personally love that scent on my clothes but found i wasn't taken to wearing it on my skin. even though i actually like eau de fier.......its a difficult one to wear.......

Hope this helps

^^^^ Thanks Gal. Mmm...campfire....doesn`t sound so bad.

"Cumbayah my Lord...Cumbayah my Lord...Cumbayah my Lord..."

Hmm. Once again I find myself in the middle of difficulties in deciding. 67 euros (85dollars) is a quite serious amount of money for me...
    Shoud I buy blind or should I not? Who knows?? Not me at least!!! :-/

Think of burning oaktree leaves in the cool fall. That is what Eau de Fier smells like. It very diffent scent once I wore it and everyone asked if I was just at a fire?

It unique but very unwearble.....

Huh Huh...

Yeah, Yeah!!!

Whenever I see the words "Eau du Fier", my mind always pronounces in in the voice of Beavis... "Eau di FIER!!!!! FIRE!!!!!, yeah yeah... FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE...Oh......."

Sorry I couldn't help with regards to the scent, but I just wonder if the name of this scent ever sparks Beavis and Butthead thoughts with any other members?

Huh huh...I said "members"

I got a sample......swapped for it.....IM me with your address its ready to come your way

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gal
    I got a sample......swapped for it.....IM me with your address its ready to come your way
    PM sent a PM (eh, I couldn`t resist)

Buffalo Gal, you`re a treasure! :-*

This is all you ever need to know about Eau De Fier: don't try it, don't buy it. It is simply the single worst "fragrance" ever made. If you like the smell of automobile tires on fire, you may just like this scent, although the tires smell a tad better.

Thumbs up Re: Please, tell me about Eau du Fier!!

Thanks for the lovely Buffalo Gal, I finally got to smell this scent today. (it has dried down on my hand few hours now)

This scent was even more unique than I suspected, and in fact, it is now one of the most unique scents I have ever smelled.

To be short, this smells exactly like smoked birchwood. To be just a bit more precise, this smells exactly like smoked birchwood which is poured with syrup.

Very great birch tar note we got here indeed! In one time of the duration, this smelled to me exactly like one famous tar-candy we have here in Finland. (tar is quite much used ingridient in overall here)

So, the bottom line of this scent: Mixture of rich smoky wood notes and that sweet,tea-ish and a bit medicinal syrup note that is actually very common in other AG scents as well. (Sables and Duel especially)

Good news: Great scent, wonderful smell experience, unique and rare...

Bad news: I have say bye bye for another 67euros.

Ah, one more thing: My gf said this smells like ketchup!

This is an amazing fragrance that takes a bit of time to appreciate, but once you do you will enjoy its mistery.

My suggestion is that a little smells better than more. I would even dab instead of spray. Then when you catch a sniff, you will be energized and mesmorized by its fire. However, wear a lot and you will set on fire.

Congrats on your purchase!!!

I love this too (I feel I must post this since we seem to be almost the only ones), and was lucky enough to get a discounted bottle on Ebay. I would have sent you some but I've only recently started posting; it's nice to have the bottle anyway! Enjoy!
    Last edited by lilybp; 3rd July 2006 at 01:41 PM.

I've heard good things about this. Anymore thoughts? Is it discontinued or only available in Europe?

I might add this to my collection of Norman Kamali Incense & Patchouli 24.
    Currently wearing: New-York by Nicolaï

If not now, when?

From what I've heard, there are no more bottles left in Goutal stores. If you see it on Ebay, you're buying a used (or already sold) bottle.

Petruccijc I think owns this, maybe he'll see this thread and comment on availability..?

If you like NK Incense & P24 you'll like this N.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I've heard good things about this. Anymore thoughts? Is it discontinued or only available in Europe?

I might add this to my collection of Norman Kamali Incense & Patchouli 24.
    I sent you a PM.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th November 2008 at 01:51 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was in Paris last month and they had the tester out at the Place Vendome shop, so I assume they still had some bottles left. I sprayed it on and walked into the Tuilleries and I smelled like pure, un-steeped, black tea.
    It's a divine fragrance, one of Goutal's finest. I'm sad that I didn't buy the bottle.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 13th November 2008 at 02:53 PM.