Code of Conduct

Default L'eau de L'Artisan smells like... SOAP?

Well, I'm in my third day of my L'Artisan testing marathon.

The first test on Tuesday was Tea for Two. This has to be my fave tea scent yet... smoky cinnamon tea and honey. Good longevity, too, something that CdG Tea lacked Haven't decided if it's bottleworthy yet, though. ;D

Then, yesterday, I tested Dzing! What a great scent... sawdust, caramel, woods, and musk. Too bad the longevity is only so-so (not as bad as Dior's Eau Sauvage, though). :'(

And now... L'eau de L'Artisan. This has to be the soapiest fragrance I have ever tested... Mugler Cologne and Gendarme don't hold a candle to the soapiness of this. We're not talking Ivory, Lever 2000, or Irish Spring... we're talking the soapiest luxury hotel soap, like the kind you'd get at the Ritz-Carlton. But I like it, as I'm a sucker for soapy scents.

I'll keep you updated on my L'Artisan tests, but right now, I'm undecided whether to test out Mure et Musc or Fou d'Absinthe tomorrow. HELP ME!!!
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: L'eau de L'Artisan smells like... SOAP?

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    And now... L'eau de L'Artisan. This has to be the soapiest fragrance I have ever tested... Mugler Cologne and Gendarme don't hold a candle to the soapiness of this. We're not talking Ivory, Lever 2000, or Irish Spring... we're talking the soapiest luxury hotel soap, like the kind you'd get at the Ritz-Carlton. But I like it, as I'm a sucker for soapy scents.
    L'eau de L'artisan always struck me as smelling like fresh cut grass. If you like this one, then I'd recommend you sample Pour Un Ete as well. They're not exactly the same, but they're along the same lines.

Well, the drydown of L'eau de L'Artisan has showed up, and now the strong soapy note is gone.

After the drydown, it sorta reminds me of Bvlgari The Vert (one of my faves), but smoother, slightly sweeter, and without as much jasmine. Still a great scent, though.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

For me it is closest to the Sisley Eau de Campagne. I wouldn't call it soapy, extremely green yes, but rather wearable - especially compared to many other scents from L'Artisan.