Code of Conduct

Default best shopping in the U.S.???

apologies if i'm rehashing a previous post, but i'm very interested to know where the best places to shop for fragrances are in the states. i'm most interested in finding discount stores, but this thread is open to any and all discussions of your favorite places to shop for our beloved fragrances--in your neighborhood, in that weird town you passed through on your way to auntie em's house, etc. (of course, my goal is to find a good place to get some deals, but i also thought it would be helpful for those of us that have to travel a lot to have a list of places across the states in which to spend our free time while away from home.)

Default Re: best shopping in the U.S.???

Here in South Florida within a 25 mile radius there are many high end department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, and Lord and Taylor. We also have Scentiments and several other internet/retail discounters nearby. If you come to the area I can arrange for you to get into a wholesale warehouse. They supply Perfumania among others.
    You should also refer to the Basenotes shopping guide:
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/YaBB.pl?board=guide

thanks for the link! i'm still interested in local shops in your communities in the states, so keep them coming please.

on a different note, does anyone know how these wholesalers work/operate?

True wholesalers sell only to established retailers. I qualify that because many companies, particularly on the internet, claim to "wholesale" to attract customers when in reality they may be offering only the typical discounts. As in most industries, the wholesalers act as the distributor/middleman between the manufacturer and the retailers.

I'm very happy to have the retail store for luckyscent.com on Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles. Not only do they stock all of their crazy, hard to find scents, but they are the nicest people. If you come to LA, they are worth a stop (and they are about halfway between the Grove and the Beverly Center, so they aren't even that far out of the way...)

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00
    I'm very happy to have the retail store for luckyscent.com on Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles. *Not only do they stock all of their crazy, hard to find scents, but they are the nicest people. *If you come to LA, they are worth a stop (and they are about halfway between the Grove and the Beverly Center, so they aren't even that far out of the way...)
    Great shop, but not cheap.

The best palce to shop for frags in LA, BY FAR, is the fashion district downtown. Especially the infamous Santee Alley! Here you will find many shops selling mainstream, discontinued, and some niche frags (not too many, mostly Creed and Annick Goutel) for Internet prices!

I found JPG Gaultier 2 a couple months ago at several shops and its still not in Department stores in the US yet. I've bought several Creeds down there and not had a bad bottle. I found the discontinued Helmut Lang Cuiron, Havana, old formula Guerlain Vetiver in large supply!

There are a couple of shops aroiund Broadway & 6th as well. But thanks for the Santee Alley tip- I work dowtown and I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00
    There are a couple of shops aroiund Broadway & 6th as well. *But thanks for the Santee Alley tip- I work dowtown and I'll check it out.

They're all around that area.

Between 12th and Olympic on several streets around there are more shops.

On Maple St too.

NYC has Aedes and Bigelow Chemist in the West Village, the Bond Store in NoHo, and the "discount frag district" which if I remember right is near Madison Square Park.

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    NYC has Aedes and Bigelow Chemist in the West Village, the Bond Store in NoHo, and the "discount frag district" which if I remember right is near Madison Square Park.
    Aedes is the most amazing place to shop for fragrances that I have been to so far. It is easy to shop there. I second Aedes whole heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    [quote author=tmp00 link=1150207495/0#4 date=1150215216]I found the discontinued Helmut Lang Cuiron, Havana, old formula Guerlain Vetiver in large supply!

Do you recall offhand their prices on Havana and Cuiron?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    [quote author=phersurf link=1150207495/0#5 date=1150220193][quote author=tmp00 link=1150207495/0#4 date=1150215216]I found the discontinued Helmut Lang Cuiron, Havana, old formula Guerlain Vetiver in large supply!

Do you recall offhand their prices on Havana and Cuiron?[/quote]

I think Cuiron was $22 for 1.7 oz and Havana was about $38 for 2.5 oz.

Riverview/Tampa, Florida

One of our own

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]