Code of Conduct

Default TOP SECRET: New Summer Kouros and Claiborne Soul!

After doing some top-secret snooping around on corporate webservers, I found some press releases and photos for two new summer fragrances, set to be released sometime this summer. I had to go to great lengths to uncover this information, so remeber, if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me. I'm quite surprised at YSL's audacity with their newest release, but the Claiborne one doesn't surprise me one bit. Without further ado...

Kouros Golden Shower by Yves Saint Laurent

R&B Sensation R. Kelly Teams With Yves Saint Laurent to Create New Summertime Fragrance (PRESS RELEASE)

New York (July 3rd, 2006) - Yves Saint Laurent, the design house responsible for many of today's popular and highly-regarded fragrances, announced today an exclusive agreement with R&B sensation R. Kelly to produce an exciting new summertime fragrance, based on YSL's classic men's fragrance, Kouros.

"Kouros has long been our best-selling fragrance, but with today's 'fresh aquatic' scent movement dominating sales, we thought we should apply this modern thinking to bring the public a truly avant-garde fragrance experience," says Anita Bath, YSL's Director of Marketing in North America. "With the new fragrance's unique mix of exotic ingredients and marketing support from R&B sensation R. Kelly, we hope to capture a large market share."

With 10 Platinum albums under his belt, singer R. Kelly is no stranger of success. "I'm pleased to be working with YSL on this new fragrance," said Kelly. "Kouros was a great scent, but I wanted more of what I loved: that raw, dirty note... I just can't get enough of it- but at the same time, I want something that is light and fresh, something that can be worn every day, even in the heat of the summer. What YSL has done was bringing both of these elements together in masterful harmony, just like the way I produce my music."

According to Ms. Bath, the process of making such a well-ballanced fragrance was extremely difficult, but R. Kelly's discerning nose helped greatly in the process. "Mr. Kelly is an extremely savvy business man, and he has a wonderful nose. He helped take some of Kouros' best elements and expand it into a new and exciting fragrance. One particular thing Mr. Kelly liked about the original Kouros was it's 'dirty, animalistic notes,' in his words." To augment that, an exotic new ingredient was used, "we decided to add an exciting new topnote- urea, extracted from the urine from the Dzo, a cattle/yak hybrid found in Tibet. Added to that is a propietary ozone and 'liquid' accord which add a wonderful lightness along with the new citrus notes of Bergamot and Neroli. The traditional oakmoss and incense base remains, but has been tweaked to match the new accord."

"The Dzo accord is truly amazing, and I just can't get enough of it. I think it'd smell great on women to- in fact, I'd love to smell it on some younger ladies, and it'd probably save me a bit of trouble," says Mr. Kelly. Though the fragrance is designed for men, YSL recommends this fragrance for anyone looking to feel the freshness of a Golden Shower.

In 2005, Yves Saint Laurent generated € 162 million in revenues and finished the year with 62 directly operated stores.

SOURCE: Yves Saint Laurent

And the pic I found:

Soul Crush by Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Claiborne Relases Soul Crush, the Latest Member of the Popular Curve Family (PRESS RELEASE)

New York (July 10th, 2006) - Today, Liz Claiborne announces the latest member of the ever-popular Curve family, Soul Crush. Now in it's 10th year, the Curve family is one of the best-selling fragrances of all time."For years, we have been releasing variations on Curve, which promise to be new and exciting. Just as Chill, Wave, Crush, and Soul made these promises, Soul Crush makes these same promises, and will live up to them the same way the others did. When you first experience it, you will know exactly why it's named Soul Crush- it lives up to its name!", adds Mr. Lou Smorels, the Claiborne Fragrance Division's President of Public Relations.

Soul Crush starts with the completely unique blend found in Soul, but adds interesting variations- instead of notes of Green Apple, an exciting Red Delicious accord is substituted. Instead of Mandarine, the much more exotic Cara Cara Orange will take its place. Muguet will be replaced by Lily of the Valley for added depth and complexity, in much the same way Curve Crush added to the complexity of original Curve. Other subtle changes such as increasing the Sandalwood note concentration by 0.04% will add increased interest in the fragrance profile. "You'll be amazed at how fresh and new Soul Crush really is- it's every bit as innovative as all the members of the Curve family," remarks Mr. Smorels.

Soul Crush for Men will be released in mid-July, followed shortly after by Soul Crush for Women, which promises to be every bit as exciting as the Men's version. Soul Crush for Men will be available in a 3.4oz EdT spray priced at $69.95 and a 1.7oz EdT spray for $49.95.

Liz Claiborne Inc. designs and markets an extensive range of branded women's and men's apparel, accessories and fragrance products. Our diverse portfolio of quality brands - available domestically and internationally via wholesale and retail channels - consistently meets the widest range of consumers' fashion needs, from classic to contemporary, active to relaxed and denim to streetwear. Liz Claiborne Inc.'s brands include Axcess, Belongings, Bora Bora, C&C California, City Unltd., Claiborne, Crazy Horse, Curve, Dana Buchman, Elisabeth, Ellen Tracy, Emma James, Enyce, First Issue, Intuitions, J.H. Collectibles, Juicy Couture, Kenzie, Kenziegirl, Laundry by Shelli Segal, LIZ, Liz Claiborne, Lucky Brand Jeans, Mac & Jac, Mambo, Marvella, MetroConcepts, Mexx, Monet, Monet 2, Prana, Realities, Rhythm & Blues, Sigrid Olsen, Soul, Spark, Stamp 10, Tapemeasure, Tint, Trifari, Villager and Yzza. In addition, Liz Claiborne Inc. holds the exclusive, long-term license to produce and sell men's and women's collections of DKNY(R) Jeans and DKNY(R) Active in the Western Hemisphere. The Company also has the exclusive license to produce jewelry under the Kenneth Cole New York and Reaction Kenneth Cole brand names.

SOURCE: Liz Claiborne Inc.

And the corresponding picture:

Hope this exciting news makes your day!
    Last edited by Stuffman; 13th April 2007 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: TOP SECRET: New Summer Kouros and Claiborne So

OMG hilarious!
    Can we stich this into a permanent thread, along with CK's new Basenotes for Men, to keep in the database forevermore??

we decided to add an exciting new topnote- urea, extracted from the urine from the Dzo, a cattle/yak hybrid found in Tibet
    Yeah right... ;D
    Peace ~ Markymark

Golden Shower ...........ROFLOL! ;D ;D ;D [smiley=evil.gif]
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Wo, sweet! I can't wait to feel the shower! Did you guys know R. Kelly had such a good nose? That sure is news to me. If his nose is anything like his music, this could be the best fragrance of all time. Sorry for jumping the gun a bit, but I'm just too excited! Soul Crush also sounds like a blast. I'm dying to try their new and unique take on the classic original! Thanks Stuffy, this is great news. It's cool if I call you Stuffy, right?

I'm still incredibly naive when it comes to fragrances, so not until half way through the first article did it hit me. ;D Only yesterday did I get to read the home page column "Addicted: The ramblings of a Fragrance Junkie" where Marlen talks about how ridiculous all these new "summer" scents are ... so, I'm reading this thread thinking to myself, "Yeah ... geez, he's right. All this new junk with a "summer" twist. Pfft." And then it hits me: R. Kelly , Golden Shower , R. Kelly!? ... Golden Shower whaaaa!? Noooo. <woosh> Right over my head - and nose, almost.

LOL!
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Hahahaha - brilliant. Immediately made me think of the Dave Chapelle skit on R.Kelly, thos whove heard his song will know what Im thinking about....

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    Anita Bath, YSL's Director of Marketing in North America.
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--Steve

Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    Thanks Stuffy, this is great news. It's cool if I call you Stuffy, right?
    Stuffy, Stuffman, "Hey You," Dylan... they're all good for me.

Glad you all are enjoying this!

Golden Shower? If this were true then they really would use such a title!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Is YSL looking to piss people off with this new release?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Is YSL looking to piss people off with this new release?
    No, more like piss on people! 8-)

Combining fetishism with scentuality perhaps?

Copied it to my website so it doesn't get lost or anything... not like I couldn't get it from the companies websites again anyways

http://dylanpowell.net/stuff/summer_scents.html

YSL Golden Shower... is this a joke? Seriously, I cant tell. Did I miss something here?
    You cant be serious that they're making an R Kelly cologne that is inspired by what it feels like to be urinated on. And that has extracts of urine in it. From the guy who made videos urinating on people.
    :-?

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide
    YSL Golden Shower... is this a joke? Seriously, I cant tell. Did I miss something here?
    You cant be serious that they're making an R Kelly cologne that is inspired by what it feels like to be urinated on. And that has extracts of urine in it. From the guy who made videos urinating on people.
    [smiley=lolk.gif]

Dude,
    Pure brilliance! Phenomenal graphic!!!!!!

Yeah, R. Kelly has a great nose, and do you know where it's been????? If you can find those court records in your research....

;D

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide
    YSL Golden Shower... is this a joke? *Seriously, I cant tell. *Did I miss something here?
    You cant be serious that they're making an R Kelly cologne that is inspired by what it feels like to be urinated on. *And that has extracts of urine in it. *From the guy who made videos urinating on people.
    Power, I agree that it is a risky business move

(Removed due to The Giraffe's post below...)

I wasn't thinking after a long day and night out...

Oh Stuffy, a great comedian never reveals his jokes! Or maybe it's a magician. Whatever, you should've left the loose ends open because jokes are funnier that way. Besides, I'm sure everyone would've figured it out eventually. If it weren't such a good joke to start out with you might have ruined it just now.

8-) On a more professional level, here are Luca Turins thoughts on les eaux d'ete, including but beyond Kouros :
    Last edited by narcus; 11th October 2006 at 10:03 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Great read, Narcus! It's so true- these summer frags drive me nuts!

...not to be unfair, I have to mention that I quite like Guerlain Vetiver - Eau Glace (got it cheaper last fall (figures), and I like it as a variation to, not watered down from, the original.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: TOP SECRET: New Summer Kouros and Claiborne Soul!

Found this thread while doing a search. Too funny! Thought i'd bump it.

Default Re: TOP SECRET: New Summer Kouros and Claiborne Soul!

This was started before I joined and never saw it before- hilarious!