Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I wore Tsar all week this week

Don't worry you'll never get it...YOU'RE TOO YOUNG!

Get ahold of things, czesc, you won't understand frag compositions until you understand...FRAG COMPOSITIONS!

Question for you is would you eat caviar unless it was Beluga???

Guerlain made a scent in commemoration of it...do try it when you're along the Champs-Elysees!

Or perhaps you know better because you wear Van Cleef earringS!???

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

czesc
    Hi,
    Awaiting to seeing your conclusion man, hope you would do a change of your opinion.
    Tsar is not as old as what you depicted, and time is not a problem for a good thing. For example, Creed products, do you think those classic items are old fassioned?

Also, personal tastes are always changing, not that stable. So, give yourself more time and chance to try this out.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

To me, Tsar is a light and woodsy scent, good for summer here in Bj.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by edulis
    czesc
    Hi,
    Awaiting to seeing your conclusion man, hope you would do a change of your opinion.
    Tsar is not as old as what you depicted, and time is not a problem for a good thing. For example, Creed products, do you think those classic items are old fassioned?

Also, personal tastes are always changing, not that stable. So, give yourself more time and chance to try this out.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

To me, Tsar is a light and woodsy scent, good for summer here in Bj.
    well its the next day and im back! lol, unfortunatley I have not changed my mind about Tsar, not that I dont think it is reasonably well put together, I just think it immediatley brings about images of "old man cologne" for me and would for most people in my age group. all of my friends whom I have shown it to in the past said something to that effect. I sniffed it this time both on myself and on a smelling strip just to make double-sure. its a good cologne objectively speaking, dont get me wrong - just not for me. one last possibility, perhaps my bottle has gone bad? I did purchase it off another basenoter so I do not know how long he had it either, and it does faintly ressemble the smell of an Eau Sauvage that I had that went bad after many years... but I am 80% sure this is not the case. I've got my eyes on a few of the vintage bottles on ebay, perhaps I will buy one if it is cheap enough so I can compare.

to answer your question edulis, usually I am not fond of old fashioned colognes such as ysl pour homme, chanel pour monsieur, aramis and tsar, I am only 23 years old and I guess the concepts are just lost on me, however since you mentioned creed, there are many creeds which I am very fond of, including one which I believe was made in the 1800's. Royal English Leather is one of my favourite fragrances if not my #1 favourite. I also really like Erolfa which some people may consider to be in the vein of "old man colognes" as well. I agree, but I believe this is one of the few in that group that I can wear.

My tastes probably will change overtime, I have found they have changed with some fragrances already, so I will put my bottle of tsar back in storage and maybe check back with it in another 2-3 years

Hey,
    Good to read your conclusion.
    I got Tsar, and I got other scents for 365 days of a year, and I believe that whatever you use, just make yourself happy.
    No matter how much you get from Tsar, doesnot matter at all. Stick to what you like better.
    Also, I don't suggest buying another Vintage just for trial.
    Also, I found no assoiciation between Eau Savage and Tsar, they are totally different. Maybe Tsar is compared to Drakkar Noir in some aspects, still got a huge distance.

Wish you fun.