Code of Conduct

Default Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I a getting really interested in vanilla scents and I was wondering has anyone here tried them?
    I was getting really curious for the Vanille Passion and the Vanille Extreme because it has a basenote of milk which smells really good if it is what I imagine...
    Thank you!

Default Re: Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Quote Originally Posted by ^myself^
    I a getting really interested in vanilla scents and I was wondering has anyone here tried them?
    I was getting really curious for the Vanille Passion and the Vanille Extreme because it has a basenote of milk which smells really good if it is what I imagine...
    Thank you!

CSP has the best tropical foodsy type of vanilla, my personal favorite is vanille-coco
    I suggest you also try (being that you mentioned milk) CSP's matlin calin - smells like milk and caramelized sugar
    CSp btw has the most natural smelling vanillas I have ever tried

While I haven't tried the new Vanilles (and there are many!), I have tried Maten Calen and it's fantastic. It's a little like carmel with a hint of sandlewood. I also think that CSP's Amour de Cacao is terrific. It smells like brownies. It's a little bitter orange and vanilla and chocolate. On me it lasted all day!

Back to the Vanilles, there was one that was supposed to be just OK and I think it was Vanille Extreme while the Vanille Passion (to the best of my recollection) was supposed to be the best. Check them out first. I found a seller on Ebay that sold them for good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ^myself^
    Thank you!
    I own Vanille Passion and I love it. It starts off a bit strong but soon settles down to a nice warm, not overly sweet, foody vanilla. I like to use this one for layering quite a bit. It works wonderfully with some of the fruity scents I own, like L'artisans Mure et Musc...it makes the blackberry yumminess nice & creamy. I've even used it with Tea for Two, to which it adds greater depth and warmth.

I've not tried Vanille Extreme but I have heard that it is a bit too much. I don't really see why anyone would need anything stronger than Vanille Passion, personally. Another one I own is Vanille Coco. And it is truly yummy. The coconut is very light and after the initial blast just takes a backseat to the vanilla. Its a fun scent....a mild Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion sorta vibe to it.

I have quite a few CSP scents and I really enjoy them. They can be bought pretty reasonably now too through online discounters.

GraySwan

Quote Originally Posted by GraySwan
    [quote author=^myself^ link=1150150899/0#0 date=1150150898]I a getting really interested in vanilla scents and I was wondering has anyone here tried them?
    Thank you!
    I own Vanille Passion and I love it. *It starts off a bit strong *but soon settles down to a nice warm, not overly sweet, foody vanilla. *I like to use this one for layering quite a bit. *It works wonderfully with some of the fruity scents I own, like L'artisans Mure et Musc...it makes the blackberry yumminess nice & creamy. *I've even used it with Tea for Two, to which it adds greater depth and warmth. *

I've not tried Vanille Extreme but I have heard that it is a bit too much. *I don't really see why anyone would need anything stronger than Vanille Passion, personally. *Another one I own is Vanille Coco. *And it is truly yummy. *The coconut is very light and after the initial blast just takes a backseat to the vanilla. *Its a fun scent....a mild Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion sorta vibe to it. *

I have quite a few CSP scents and I really enjoy them. *They can be bought pretty reasonably now too through online discounters.

GraySwan[/quote]
    well its not supposed to be stronger than the passion one it just has more notes

I ordered samples of Vanille Passion, Vanille Banane, Amor de Cacao and Matin Calin, from Ausliebezumduft (=First-in-Fragrance). Matin Calin I didn`t like much, had little to do with vanilla (which I was after), Amour de Cacao I found too foody, Vanille Banane smelled just like that, and Vanille Passion smelled of pure vanilla, nothing else.
    This is a bit "off-topic", but the best pure vanilla I`ve ever tried is without any doubt Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar (Maison de la Vanille). It`s a dark, true vanilla, not synthetic or too sweet, just perfect imho! I find it an "uni-sex"-vanilla, if there is something like that...

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Wow CsP is getting lots of attention lately it seems!

I really like their Vanille Peach, but its definitely VERY vanilla and VERY peachy!

I guess this is where i poke my head into the thread and mention that I have a whole box of sample sprays of Vanille Peach from CsP....

Backstory:

CsP won't send you samples unless you agree to buy three full boxes of 20 samples each for $45. So I did, and they included samples of all their scents, which is what I wanted in the first darn place, so now I have tons of samples to swap and sell.

I also have a few Aqua Motu and several Bois de Filao, but it sounds like this is the Vanilla thread, so...

If you want one of the Vanille Peach samples I have (or either of the other two), please let me know.

Each sample is $3.00, shipping included. I accept PayPal (just not credit or debit cards through Paypal, or they make me sign up for a business account!) and the Paypal addy is heromaker@gmail.com.

I'll also consider Swapsies for something on my wishlist or something NOT in my wardrobe...just make me an offer!