Code of Conduct

Default Can I get some opinions on Diptyque Oyedo

Sounds like an interesting scent. I've noticed that it's sold for both Men and Women. Is it suitable for a Man? Does anyone think this scent is too feminine? I'm okay with sweet smelling scents... as I love Versace Metal Jeans, but does Oyedo cross the line for a man to wear?

Thanks for any help.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Default Re: Can I get some opinions on Diptyque Oyedo

I don't find it feminine because it doesn't contain flowers.
    The bitter-sweet citrus notes are very well balanced with the thyme aromatic notes.

It's one of longest lasting citrus colognes (a rarity for that family) I know.

I don't find Oyedo too feminine, but it is very similar to The Body Shop Satsuma Perfume Oil. If you like Satsuma scent I am sure you will like Oyedo.

Its one of the very few Diptyque that I like!

To me its like "hard boiled citrus sweets"! Has the citurs element but sweetend in a very light "hard candy" kind of way.

I don't find it particularly feminine, its very unisex smelling - fresh and bright, great for hot summer days!

Thumbs up here!

Thanks for the replies... I think I'll get some Oyedo!

I wear Oyedo for a wild and crazy guy party scent. CoL is dead on with his hard candy comparison. The smell isn't itself feminine, but the candy quality and the decision to be as funny and mocking of scent choice might pose a problem. It's hard to be serious when you're wearing it. You can't chew out anyone at work wearing Oyedo, nor can you do a good job defending yourself if you're wearing it and the boss chews you out.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I like the fact that it doesnt contain any floral notes, this can sometimes make a unisex scent push more towards the feminine side.

I havent noticed anyone mention it having that strong perfumey type smell to it that most women's perfumes seem to have. That's a definite good sign!

There is a store near me that is getting rid of the Dyptique line and selling them 40% off. I know they have Oyedo and most of the others but no Tam Dao. The store is called Art with Flowers in McLean, Virginia.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thanks for the info, AZsmells! I'll check into them.

this stuff totally rocks, I wish I had some but I've ran out... I really gotta get some more for the summer!

I agree with CoL and DustB regarding the "hard candy" aspect of Diptyque Oyedo. *It is a very interesting scent. *I don't know if I know of any other scent that smells like "hard candy". *I can see that it would be enjoyable to wear Oyedo every once in a while. *It certainly is a long-lasting citrus.

Oyedo is a fresh, tart, bright citrus with just a hint of Pez candies (or maybe SweetTarts) to keep it from being too sharp and clinical. That said, it comes off more as a citrus soap than a candy/gourmand scent. The "candy" aspect is waaaayyy in the background - you probably won't even notice it until you've worn it a couple of times - but it is key to what makes Oyedo a standout. Definitely unisex. While it doesn't smell anything like Gendarme or Thierry Mugler Cologne, if you like the clean, fresh quality of those you would probably like this as well. This is a great everyday fragrance.

A very beauty fruity floral scent in my opinion, one of my favourites of the line.

To me it smells like minty fruity loops. Perfect for summer!

I think this can be worn confidently by anyone. A great scent IMO.