Code of Conduct

Default L'Eau Bleue d'Issey EAU FRAICHE

http://www.osmoz.fr/mag/news_parfum....&LANGUE=fr

Well it's out and proud?
    But how is it?

Default Re: L'Eau Bleue d'Issey EAU FRAICHE

I'm ecstatic about this one. The regular Eau Bleue is one I always reach for when I want fresh and mysterious. It's hard to put my finger on it: not lemony, not spicey, kind of like rosemary foccacia, a pine forest by a breezy mountain lake.

It's so way out there that.... The ancillaries are unbelievable too: Shower gel, Underarm, Shave oil, After shave balm...

Like coming home.

The bottle is stunning! L'Eau Bleue d'Issey smelled nice, but not good enough for me to get a bottle of it. Perhaps this one will be

I have to plead ignorance, as I havent tried this one, but it seems rather redundant.. wasn't the original sufficiently fraiche?

The original is a very potent, extremely synthetic smelling frag. Nothing "fraiche" about it!

The beauty of Eau Bleue is that one or two spritzes are enough, and it's important to wait a good ten minutes before passing judgement. No more than one or two now!

But you have to like patchouli though as it's one of the top notes. And pine, and rosemary, and rose and ginger.

Admittedly, it's not for everyone - which is a good thing - cuz we would hate to smell like the Great Unwashed, if you know what I mean (no pun intended!) Unlike its big brother Eau d'Issey which every freakin' body I know has used, misused and overused as some point (including me!)

Hi all,

I am happy to see this D'ISSEY post as I was going to do a post about L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY. BLEUE was my SOTD this morning and I received MANY compliments! Not only that, even (yours truly) THE BLACK HOLE OF SCENTS! skin
    could NOT destroy BLEUE's fragrances after nearly TWELVE hours! Wow! That being said, lol, I used a LOT of sprays...yet still, the compliments keep coming my way!
    I realize that BLEUE is a acquired taste for most but, I LOVED BLEUE from the start.
    L'eau Bleue D'Issey is one of my very FAVORITE Designer fragrances along with KINGDOM, KOUROS and TRUSSARDI UOMO.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    The original is a very potent, extremely synthetic smelling frag. Nothing "fraiche" about it!
    Ah perhaps I was thinking of the non-Bleue Issey.
    or maybe I subconsciously made a mistake so I could use "fraiche" in a sentence. Such a sassy-feeling word.

fraiche!

Tried and bought it today. I did not like the "fishy" blue one but the Eau Fraiche is muuuuuuch better and fresher (but still in a "fishy" way).

Will definitely be a good one for summer.

Mic.

I failed to mention that the Bleue, although extremely synthetic, has a strangely attractive aroma that many women seem to love.

I happen to be wearing Bleue right now (the original Bleue). I had to run down and throw some clothes in the laundry before I have to go to work later-- Just wanted to freshen up, so I grabbed Bleue... What a mysterious, deep scent! Everything about it radiates a midnight blue quality. Also for some reason I picture that kids book "The Wind in the Willows" --I don't know why!

Man I really want to wear Bleue to work tonight, but I'm waiting tables rather than bartending (when I'm a waiter, my uniform is an UGLY mustard yellow shirt, when I tend bar, it's a deep blue shirt--which would match the scent perfectly).

I hadn't thought much about this Eau Fraiche, but maybe it would be good to wear to work, since the original is so striking and potent (and good, but sometimes it bugs my sinuses). I think I'm gonna wear it tonight and I'll definitely try the Eau Fraiche when it comes around.

HOW DO I ALWAYS FORGET HOW GREAT L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSY IS!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I failed to mention that the Bleue, although extremely synthetic, has a strangely *attractive aroma that many women seem to love.

synthetic???

to my nose,. the strong herbal notes make it very natural!

one of my favs. sure ill try the new version

Wearing L'Eau Bleue d'Issey EAU FRAICHE today and to my nose it is VERY close to Armani Emporio White.

Not bad at all...........but I think it is a little on the weak side.

Mic.

omniray- Issey Bleue is ranked #12(#1 is the worst) out of 200 perfume products considered to be harmful to humans based on their synthetic ingredients.

where did u see that topic ?? and ranked by who ??

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/...amp;sort=score

I think it dropped to #13 this year.

Ingredients: Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Aqua, Limonene, Linalool, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Gernaiol, Citral, Isoeugenol, Citronellol, Farnesol

thanks! interesting thread ...

mm,... there are some topics to think about it. *:-/ what happen with the fragance houses? it seems that they dont think in risk for health ?

Some care, some don't care and some were probably taken by surprise when these surveys came out. Some have actually changed their formulas.

wow.... so basically magnetism contains battery acid?

It shows that those containing greater amounts of synthetics are considered more toxic, not to reopen previous discussions of this subject. I like Magnetism but was always amazed that it is so original, as is Issey Bleue. It seems logical that using an endless combinations of chemical synthetics could more easily create "original" scents.