Code of Conduct

Default Thumbs up to the Power of Two.. Gaultier2, that is

Well, I got a small sample of Gaultier2 from our fellow Stuigi today. (He must have known the dire straits I was in... but , then again, so do a lot of Basenoters.)

So, I decied to take an extra shower to scrub off the Terre d'Hermes I was wearing. Afterwards, I spritzed on the decant, and... I happen to like it a lot! *8-)

At first, I noticed a bubblegum note in G2 like many here have mentioned... only it's more like Grape Bubble Yum than the Original Bazooka I expected. Like many a Basenoter, the strong vanilla note was there, but it was a soft, sweet vanilla and not a powdery vanilla a la Givenchy Pi. I also noticed a strong similarity to the drydown of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin due to the amber and musk notes, but without the licorice note that automatically spoils Lolita for me.

Also, like many have mentioned, this is a rather simple scent. Personally, I think that Gaultier2 will come in handy for those days I can't decide.

As soon as this hits Sephora and the like, I will be first in line to buy a bottle. (After all, most of the online discounters are ripping us off, charging us more than 30% above European retail prices for this.)

P.S.: In case you didn't know, the commercial and ad camapign will be tweaked with different music (Sonny & Cher's "I've Got You, Babe&quot and an identical slogan for the US launch. The US launch is scheduled for mid/late June at Sephora, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus, while other stores will get it between October and November.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

summer means fireflys

Default Re: Thumbs up to the Power of Two.. Gaultier2, tha

I'm so glad that you got to try this at last! Sounds like it was the worth the wait for you...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

After all that ranting... Finally, eh?

I'm still wondering how that strong bubblegummy, floral-like scent is produced from those three notes. Oh, and together with the sweet vanilla note, it smells like honey!

I'm hooked onto this fragrance now

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Well, I got a small sample of Gaultier2 from our fellow Stuigi today. (He must have known the dire straits I was in... but , then again, so do a lot of Basenoters.)

So, I decied to take an extra shower to scrub off the Terre d'Hermes I was wearing. Afterwards, I spritzed on the decant, and... I happen to like it a lot! *8-)

At first, I noticed a bubblegum note in G2 like many here have mentioned... only it's more like Grape Bubble Yum than the Original Bazooka I expected. Like many a Basenoter, the strong vanilla note was there, but it was a soft, sweet vanilla and not a powdery vanilla a la Givenchy Pi. I also noticed a strong similarity to the drydown of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin due to the amber and musk notes, but without the licorice note that automatically spoils Lolita for me.

Also, like many have mentioned, this is a rather simple scent. Personally, I think that Gaultier2 will come in handy for those days I can't decide.
    I'm still waiting for its release. How does it measure up to Le Male in your opinion? As a big fan of Le Male, should I have high hopes for this one?

I think it's rather different from the masculine Le Male. This one is a honeyed scent that isn't masculine at all yet you can't say it's feminine too. Spray Le Male onto a test strip and let it air for one full day - you'll get something close to Gaultier2. While Le Male dries down to something like a creamier version of Gaultier2, G2 dries down to a candy-like vanilla scent.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    I'm still waiting for its release. How does it measure up to Le Male in your opinion? As a big fan of Le Male, should I have high hopes for this one?
    Don't expect anything similar to Le Male... this is an entirely different animal. Like Xen has mentioned, it's not exactly feminine, but not exactly masculine, either.

But you should still have high hopes for this one, as I personally find Gaultier2 to be better than Le Male (even though I also like Le Male).
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    [quote author=teflondog link=1149973217/0#3 date=1150010547]
    Don't expect anything similar to Le Male... this is an entirely different animal. Like Xen has mentioned, it's not exactly feminine, but not exactly masculine, either.

But you should still have high hopes for this one, as I personally find Gaultier2 to be better than Le Male (even though I also like Le Male).[/quote]

I also prefer G2 to Le Male. Wonder what Col's feelings are on this...

I think we know Col's feelings about G2. Rumor has it that he just bought out next month's entire production from Jean Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I think we know Col's feelings about G2. Rumor has it that he just bought out next month's entire production from Jean Paul.
    including the outfits madonna had intended to wear on her new world tour?

Those magnetized bottles would look good attached to her new metallic bra.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Perhaps that explains all the postponements of its release date.