Code of Conduct

Default Unofficial Gaultier2 US Release Contest (UPDATED)

URGENT UPDATE: Contest is closed. See Reply #32 to find out why.

Today, after getting tired of not being able to find a single official answer, I e-mailed Jean-Paul Gaultier Parfums inquiring about the actual US retail availability of Gaultier2. *I'm waiting for a reply from them, but in the meantime, I'm going to start a countdown contest. The contest starts at midnight Eastern Time on March 21, 2006.

I will start out with 1500 points. Points will be added or subtracted in the following matter:
    -Each day that goes by where at least one of the following websites (Nordstrom, Sephora, Bloomingdale's, or Neiman Marcus) doesn't carry the scent will result in a subtraction of 10 points.
    -If I see Gaultier2 in a US retail store before all the points run out, 500 points will be added to the total.
    -If Neiman Marcus carries it before Nordstrom, Sephora, or Macy's does, 250 points will be subtracted from the total.
    -If any of you know an actual release date for Gaultier2 in the US, 750 bonus points will be added.

Ladies and gentlemen, please place your bets! The person with the closest number of points to the actual final score when the contest closes (which is when any of us see Gaultier2 for sale at either the store counters or websites of Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, or Macy's) will receive a very special fragrance gift from me!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: The Unofficial Gaultier2 US Release Date Conte

in your list of doors, you forget Saks which is a top "first-door" releaser...most recently Unforgivable by Sean John....

in any event, my bet is 450 as far as your points go...

Hmm.....fun idea!!!

I'll say it'll be 400 points on your tally!!

Good Luck!!

;D ;D ;D

Basenotes Plus

I have seen it in the 4 oz. size at two US locations: Scentiments has it for about $60, and at the Fragrance Depot, a retail store selling it for $95 in the Sawgrass Mall in Florida. The department stores do not seem to know when they will get it. I will guess 750 points.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I have seen it in the 4 oz. size at two US locations: Scentiments has it for about $60, and at the Fragrance Depot, a retail store selling it for $95 in the Sawgrass Mall in Florida. The department stores do not seem to know when they will get it. I will guess 750 points.

Ruinator!!! ;D

Modify\
    I'll do 850 points... hows that!!

hm, this seems fun.

I'll guess 600. go luck!

I'll go with my favorite number times 3.

The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

945 points in the end.

1400.... whishfull thinking? :P

900, I can't wait until Sephora gets it in.

I got my reply from JPG and found out some good news that maybe the US launch of Gaultier² is closer than we think. The text of the e-mail is enclosed:

Dear MFfan310,

We thank you for your email and for your interest in our perfumes “ Jean Paul Gaultier ”.

We are pleased to inform you that the perfume “Gaultier²” will be available in the United States by the end of the first semester 2006.

Sincerely,

Consumer Service

Parfums Jean Paul Gaultier

Since there's a timeframe (thank goodness), but not an actual release date, the point total as of right now is at 1470 points.

Keep those guesses coming!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by ilnaso
    in your list of doors, you forget Saks which is a top "first-door" releaser...most recently Unforgivable by Sean John....
    True, but Saks doesn't sell JPG fragrances, so I'm (still) betting on Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, and/or Bloomingdale's.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

More news from today's New York Times: Gaultier² should be available this spring (read: soon)...initially at Sephora and Bloomingdale's.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

CANADA HAS GAULTIER2! We've had it for several months now. It can be purchased at the Holt-Renfrew stores in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, etc.

But it is $120 CAN!

I win.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham
    CANADA HAS GAULTIER2! We've had it for several months now. It can be purchased at the Holt-Renfrew stores in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, etc.

But it is $120 CAN!

I win.
    Sorry, Graff, but Canada doesn't count...only the United States counts...even though Canada is our friendly neighbor to the north, it's not part of the US.

For that matter, the US online discounters don't count, either...only the retailers previously mentioned and their respective websites count (in other words, Sephora.com counts, but Scentiments doesn't).

So, the contest is still open. Keep those bets flowing!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Well, the point level is now at 1320 points.

I feel that it's getting close, though...Madonna's world tour starts next month. Why Madonna's world tour, you may ask? Just guess who designed the costumes...no other than JPG himself. And, of course, you can't forget that the bottle for Classique was inspired in part by Madonna (as well as Schiaparelli's Shocking, as we all know).

Keep those guesses flowing, and remember that if you win, you'll get a special fragrance gift from me, postage paid!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Sorry, but you're all wasting your time. This one is not worth the wait, I'm afraid.
    :-[

I cannot belive you still dont have it!

This has to be the best fragrance ever created! (well its certainly addictive!)

I'm on bottle number 14! LOL!

Serioulsy!

I find its simplicity unique.

This is my signature scent without a doubt.

/me *;D

Quote Originally Posted by CoL²
    I cannot belive you still dont have it!
    For that matter, neither can I, especially since Canada has had it for 4 1/2 months now.

All I know is that at least Sephora and Bloomingdale's should be getting it this spring (read: real soon now) according to an article last month in the New York Times that mentioned it and other unisex scents.

The point count right now is @ 1310 points...keep those calculated guesses flowing!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

[move]URGENT NEWS UPDATE!!![/move]
    According to a fragrance sales associate at L.S. Ayres (soon to be Macy's) that I know very well, she got some info from the JPG rep (who I also know well) a few days ago. She said that Gaultier² should be arriving in the US at most (if not all) stores that carry Jean-Paul Gaultier scents "on or around May 1st".

You can breathe now.

Current point total: 1200 points
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Default Re: Unofficial Gaultier2 US Release Contest (UPDAT

I don't get it. it's available on E-Bay? Why don't you get some? Or swap? By the way, I noticed that now there is an aftershave (balm) and showergel available here, in shops!

[blue]It's been available at these two e-retailers/discounters for months now:

http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...PU94S5EA427JL6

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/wf...W&gs_gen=u

scentemental[/blue]

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    I don't get it. it's available on E-Bay? *Why don't you get some? *Or swap? *By the way, I noticed that now there is an aftershave (balm) and showergel available here, in shops! *
    I always try to sample before I buy (and no, I don't pay for samples ever, nor do I use that Russian roulette site known as eBay), and there aren't any bottles available on the swap board, so I couldn't acquire or sample it as promptly as I would have liked to.

But now that it should be in stores any day now, it's all a moot point anyway.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    [move]URGENT NEWS UPDATE!!![/move]
    According to a fragrance sales associate at L.S. Ayres (soon to be Macy's) that I know very well, she got some info from the JPG rep (who I also know well) a few days ago. She said that Gaultier² should be arriving in the US at most (if not all) stores that carry Jean-Paul Gaultier scents "on or around May 1st".

You can breathe now.

I have a terrible feeling your gonna hate this afterall this build up!

:-/

[quote author=eric link=1142910780/15#21 date=1145485968]I don't get it. it's available on E-Bay? *Why don't you get some? *Or swap? *By the way, I noticed that now there is an aftershave (balm) and showergel available here, in shops! *
    I always try to sample before I buy (and no, I don't pay for samples ever, nor do I use that Russian roulette site known as eBay), and there aren't any bottles available on the swap board, so I couldn't acquire or sample it as promptly as I would have liked to.

But now that it should be in stores any day now, it's all a moot point anyway.[/quote]
    You keep referring to eBay as "Russian Roulette" but I have never had any problem with scents from eBay UK. I always check feedback etc..

Hmmm

I have many bottles of G2 (and gone through 14, LOL!) some from big stores and some from eBay, all exactly the same except store price £58, eBay £25!

:

Quote Originally Posted by CoL²
    [quote author=MFfan310 link=1142910780/15#20 date=1145484455][move]URGENT NEWS UPDATE!!![/move]

You can breathe now.

I have a terrible feeling your gonna hate this afterall this build up!

:-/[/quote]

That right there would be the cruelest of irony. ;D

I think I'll probably like it, though, given that its notes (amber, vanilla, musk) are among my faves. However, there's always the remote possibility that I won't like it; hence, I've stopped almost all of blind buys and I always try to sample first.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

I think I am in good shape with my guess of 900.

I saw this at several shops last weekend in the Fashion District in LA for about $60.

I wasn't impressed. It smelled very familiar. I think it smelled like Animale, but I'm not sure.

All right, all right.

May 1st is here, the people at Nordstrom and Sephora don't know about the US release of Gaultier², and I'm still waiting to sniff it. Still, I'm expecting it any day now, but I'm going to send out a few more e-mails and such.

Current point total: 1080 points.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

Basenotes Plus

An SA at Macy's told me it would probably be there in the fall! SA's are so well informed that we now know the truth. BTW- as I mentioned in another thread, I took my bottles to Macy's and their collective jaws dropped!

UPDATE:

I contacted Sephora, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom today.

Nordstrom didn't know when it would be coming initially, but they called one of their stores on the East Coast to see if they had a timeframe. The store said that it would be coming in the near future, but that they didn't have a release date.

Neiman Marcus didn't know when they would be getting it in, but they referred me to their "personal shopper" service, who will contact me later today.

And, finally, Sephora will be replying to my question later today as well.

I'm keeping my fingers croosed, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

UPDATE...

I got an e-mail from Sephora today, saying that Gaultier² should (finally) be arriving at both Sephora stores and at Sephora.com in June.

Current point total: 1060 points
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

UPDATE...

June has approached, and the current point total in the contest is at 770 points.

Since I got a reply from Sephora saying that Gaultier² would be available in-stores and on their website in early June, and fellow Basenoter Adeel said that Neiman Marcus should be getting it on or around June 3rd, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled this weekend on those websites as well as at Bloomingdale's (another launch partner).

As soon as the contest is over, I'll announce and contact the winner, as well as announce the prize package.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)

UPDATE...

As soon as the contest is over, I'll announce and contact the winner, as well as announce the prize package.
    I'm waiting eagerly to see the opinion of the probably huge USA-community. I've used up almost a 20 ml bottle with less and less enthusiasm. Then received LV Musk. In the musky/sweety category the question is clear to me: why on earth put on G2 once more if there exists such a long way better thing on earth as LV Musk, for example.

According to my calculations, I need you to go to Sephora on July 9 to win. So you should go ahead and mark that date down on your calendar. ;D