Code of Conduct

Default people who buy molecule 01 by eccentric are idiots

you do realize that this stuff is like kool-aid, just pennies a glass right? like.. really.. id be surprised if the whole final product costs the company more than $1.00 per bottle including bottling and labeling. ISO Super E is an extremely inexpensive aroma chemical.. like... in industrial quantities probably a dollar a litre vs. some florals which can get into the hundred dollars per ounce range, so assuming their EDT is 15% thats 15ml in a 100ml bottle of ISO super E, 1.5 cents. now look at this ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Molecule-01-by-E...QQcmdZViewItem

its 57 dollars already. congratulations people! almost makes me want to buy some ISO super E and start making "decants"... but unfortunatley im not that dishonest.

Default Re: people who buy molecule 01 by eccentric are id

Wow...I must say that I am a GREATLY disappointed that someone would come out and blatantly call, what I can only assume, THOUSANDS of people idiots for getting something they want....whether you pay $5 or $500 dollars for something...People don't buy things they don't want. *Who decides what value is?
    The individual making the purchase? A random person providing a personal opinion? *If you don't want to spend the $$$ then don't buy it...but don't criticize others for getting something they want. *It is between the consumer and the supplier to agree on a price...If there is no demand....the price will eventually decrease.

I don't know why but this post really hit a nerve....maybe it was because Someone just told THOUSANDS of people that I am an idiot because I bought (and like) this scent *

id be surprised if the whole final product costs the company more than $1.00 per bottle including bottling and labeling. ISO Super E is an extremely inexpensive aroma chemical.. like... in industrial quantities probably a dollar a litre vs. some florals which can get into the hundred dollars per ounce range
    It is more than a $1/liter, more like $20/liter ($20/kg in 5 kg lots) but still very inexpensive. The same can be said though for most designer fragrances - the actual cost of the fragrance ingredients is likely only a few dollars a bottle.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I really like the bottle and the design on it.
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Wow...I must say that I am a GREATLY disappointed that someone would come out and blatantly call, what I can only assume, THOUSANDS of people idiots for getting something they want....whether you pay $5 or $500 dollars for something...People don't buy things they don't want. *Who decides what value is?
    The individual making the purchase? A random person providing a personal opinion? *If you don't want to spend the $$$ then don't buy it...but don't criticize others for getting something they want. *It is between the consumer and the supplier to agree on a price...If there is no demand....the price will eventually decrease.

I don't know why but this post really hit a nerve....maybe it was because Someone just told THOUSANDS of people that I am an idiot because I bought (and like) this scent *

yea i actually saw it in your ebay too... I assumed you were trying to get rid of it because you realized how ripped off you were getting so I didnt link yours as the example...

Anyways, I fully understand the concept of "value" outside of the physical dimensions of a product... in the case of perfumes due to the artistry behind blending the fragrance... but face it, theres no blending here. no artistry, and no physical value in the product, its ISO super E mixed in with some alcohol, plain and simple. oh yea.. a lame little graphic on the bottle.. which really doesn't redeem it. sorry. Even if other mass market frags do only cost "pennies a glass" as well, at least there was a $100,000 contract to some perfumer in there to actually blend something... theres actually some product (however terrible it is anyways cough cough cool water). not to mention theres lots of places you can buy ISO Super E on the net for megacheap, especially internet savvy people like basenoters so really theres no excuse whatsoever. your all getting scammed, and sadly most of you are loving it

in fact! I will donate free ISO Super E blends to anyone who messages me just to devalue their product in the supply/demand chain here... this disgusting, wicked company is stealing your money!

I gotta say ... I'm not for or against this post ... but I did sample Molecule when LuckyScent first got it in. I got absolutely NOTHING from this scent. And I don't mean a very faint hint of some notes ... I mean I smelled NOTHING! I may as well just dabbed some water on the back of my hand. I know some have said they like it and get some kind of aroma from it ... but I really have to tip my hat to them for having a great sense of smell.

I don't know if someone is an idiot for buying this, but I'm pretty sure anyone who buys this blind may FEEL like an idiot.

.... and when I think of the endless bad blind buys I've made over the past few years, I feel like an idiot many times over. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by czesc
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1149879889/0#1 date=1149952230]Wow...I must say that I am a GREATLY disappointed that someone would come out and blatantly call, what I can only assume, THOUSANDS of people idiots for getting something they want....whether you pay $5 or $500 dollars for something...People don't buy things they don't want. *Who decides what value is?

yea i actually saw it in your ebay too... I assumed you were trying to get rid of it because you realized how ripped off you were getting so I didnt link yours as the example...

Anyways, I fully understand the concept of "value" outside of the physical dimensions of a product... in the case of perfumes due to the artistry behind blending the fragrance... but face it, theres no blending here. no artistry, and no physical value in the product, its ISO super E mixed in with some alcohol, plain and simple. oh yea.. a lame little graphic on the bottle.. which really doesn't redeem it. sorry. Even if other mass market frags do only cost "pennies a glass" as well, at least there was a $100,000 contract to some perfumer in there to actually blend something... theres actually some product (however terrible it is anyways cough cough cool water). not to mention theres lots of places you can buy ISO Super E on the net for megacheap, especially internet savvy people like basenoters so really theres no excuse whatsoever. your all getting scammed, and sadly most of you are loving it

in fact! I will donate free ISO Super E blends to anyone who messages me just to devalue their product in the supply/demand chain here... this disgusting, wicked company is stealing your money![/quote]

OK GENIUS...
    First off, I bought a bottle and one was given as a gift...I personally Like this scent and I DO smell it on my skin and it produces a rather nice scent on my skin. *Just because someone sells something on Ebay doesn't mean they are ridding themselves of a God-awful scent.

I also saw your GENIUS post on Wearers of Serge Lutens have been brought back up...A great mind yours is.

threads likes this do nothing but fan the flames and instigate. i take great offense to the tone of this and recommend you refrain from making similar posts in the future.