JHL
    L' Artisan's beautiful Patchouli Patch
    Versace L' Homme
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Default Re: When you're tired of subtlety

MKK and DZing!.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Just an off-topic note: Can't we just use the goddamn Quotation marks instead of "& quot" guys?! It gets annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrz View Post
    Just an off-topic note: Can't we just use the goddamn Quotation marks instead of "& quot" guys?! It gets annoying!
    I think that the "& quot" script comes up when posting to the boards with Firefox.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Back on topic. . .

MKK
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    I think that the "& quot" script comes up when posting to the boards with Firefox.
    I think they are remnants from an earlier system - it only seems to affect posts that are several years old.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mgrz View Post
    The older postings are apparently undergoing double-encoding. Characters like double-quotes are special characters in HTML, so when they appear in text they need to be "escaped" from the rest of the text so that the browser will render them properly. A double-quote is translated as follows:

" encodes to " and decodes to "

The initial ampersand indicates to the browser a special character is coming up, and the trailing semicolon indicates the end of the encoding. Unfortunately, that ampersand in the encoding is also a special character, so if the text gets mistakenly encoded twice, you get the following:

" encodes to " which further encodes to " which decodes a single time to "

Examination of the source code for these pages indicates that the older postings have apparently been encoded twice before transmission, but are being decoded only once by the browser. That is why we're seeing " in them.

This double-encoding problem made an appearance previously when bluesoul built a Firefox plug-in to search the fragrance database. See here. Don't sweat it, mgrz, no one is doing it to get on your nerves ... yet.

Very few subtle scents in my wardrobe. With things like One Man Show, Opium PH EdP, KL Homme, Trumper Sandalwood, Dolce & Gabbana PH and Mazzolari Lui, i always make a strong statement .
    keepin' it musky