Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: When you're tired of subtlety

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    I was thinking of heavy orientals when I first answered this thread. But today I packed on a lot of Paco XS and would definately say this fits the bill too.
    You stole mine! I actually did this the other day, I pittied those in my classes!

Actually, I love copious amounts of Allure Homme as well

On me:

Cuiron
    Heritage (though I am tiring of it rapidly, and I really don't wear it that often)
    Tabac Original
    Xeryus
    Z-14
    BdP
    Egoiste
    Caswell Massey Sandalwood
    Caswell Massey Tricorn
    Miss Dior (even more than Bandit EDP)
    Dupont Signature
    Paco Rabanne PH
    Baldessarini
    and yes, Cool Water

MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

You can lay waste to villages if you wear a couple sample drams-worth of that Jean Pascal, which Setamp has been sending out and which can be purchased in Maisonstinky's boutique. That stuff can get loud And with enough sprays, gucci envy, ph and rush can all go to 11.

Caron 3eme Homme
    Chanel Antaeus
    Zino Davidoff
    YSL Opium pH

and last not least:

Balenciaga Portos!

Havana

I'm gonna go with C & S No. 88.......man that stuff will knock over small animals at 50 paces. I love it!
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]

Sometimes when I hit the night clubs, I wear so much A*men the crowds become diabetic.

8-)

Quote Originally Posted by conehead
    I'm gonna go with C & S No. 88.......man that stuff will knock over small animals at 50 paces. *I love it!
    Yes! I definitely second this. No 88 is another winner in this game. Dark, mysterious, unique. And you can smell it for hours and hours...

I can't believe no-one's said Joop! Homme. *Maybe it's even too obvious (i.e. unsubtle) a suggestion for this topic.

PI! HAHAHA, MORE, MORE, MORE!

Cartier Santos Concentree
    Gucci pour Homme

L'Eau Bleue
    Cristobal
    Fahrenheit
    MKK
    Declaration
    Le Male
    Vetiver Extraordinaire

On me and from my wardrobe:

Eternity
    Obsession
    Halston Z-14
    Aramis
    M7

I think the only time I've gone this route and gone out, it was Eternity (4 sprays and the deodorant stick) on a work day. TONS of sillage until about 3. Strangely, no one commented, positive or negative.

The man didnt ask for a list! unless you are all gonna spray the lot on! ;D

Me , just half a bottle of Kiehls musk oil, then sit in the sun for an hour or two. maybe 3 if the wife is getting on my ass. A whole bottle and maybe 5 hours sun if the mother in law is coming round!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Aramis is Power

When I'm at home by myself, I lay it on thick. I don't do it with the sweet scents (geir, D&G). I've done it with Kouros/Kouros Sport, M7, Drakkar Noir, etc... Pretty much anything that I'm not allowed to over-use when I go out

The only problem is that sometimes I need to go out unexpectedly... I felt terrible going to the hospital drenched in SMW or to the store in Kouros. Oh well.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Muscs Kublai Khan

"You know, some days I wake up and think, "My smeller needs a holiday - it's been working too damned hard lately trying to detect the most miniscule subtleties and infra-notes in all these fancy schmancy niche frags that I've been "spritzing" oh so dantily on my pulse points. It's time for a NOSE-CATION. A virtual punch in the nose with a straight forward technicolor beast of a scent that takes no thinking to enjoy. An olfactory fight club. Forget the first class seat on Air France, we're gonna ride the bus to snort town today, boys".

Today was just such a day, after an aphabet soup week of CDG's and L'AP's and MPG's, I slammed on some good old GUCCI POUR HOMME - and I mean lots of it.

The dogs have gone outside. The family has vanished. I am left bathing in all my hamster-cage glory as I ice down the beer and wait for the Daytona 500 to appear. It's one hell of a day in manville.

So what do you fellas slap on your bad selves when you need to prove that you can smell any damned way you please? - and smile when you say that, Pilgrim. "

sqboy1 - what a cack! That is the funniest thing I've seen all day!

As for my two cents worth, i'll throw in Armani Eau pH. For me, it straps a six-shooters to each thigh and just begs anyone within killing distance to "skin that smoke wagon and see what happens!"

(Ok, so I'm pretty new at this game and have not yet smelled a very wide variety of frags. But this one does it for me up to this point in the "I'm here and I don't care who knows it" stakes.)

Whenever I want to make a statement I go for these:

Lorenzo Villoresi's GAROFANO
    Trussardi's UOMO
    Dorissima's NARZISS
    Molinard's HABANITA
    Piguet's FRACAS
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

well i wear A*Men and also Samsara (gotten many compliments from both!) they are just kinda sexual to me...
    and lots of fahrenheit of course...

I saw it mentioned in a list but to me Z-14 is the ultimate if you're looking to raise the dead.
    m

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrgene
    Whenever I want to make a statement I go for these:
    Piguet's * FRACAS
    Love it when women wear generous quantities of Fracas. I wear it around the house. Wicked stuff. I like its effect better than that of something like Carnal Flower. Fracas is a little darker and dirtier.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

Man, this site has really gone to shit. Seems like every person who knew anything about perfume has left the building, and I can see why.

Out of what I have in my drobe, I say gucci nobile. People will be looking like they're lost and that the nobile has penatrated and struck their souls

I`m not sure if anyone has said this already, but...

Cristobal hits your face BIG TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    I`m not sure if anyone has said this already, but...

Cristobal hits your face BIG TIME!!!
    I enjoy strong scents like Santos Concentree and Egoiste, but damn it, Cristobal was just too much. Good smell but just incredibly cloying. It was swapped away a long time ago.

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I can't even stand myself when wearing Santal de Mysore by Serge Lutens : that is a killer !

I also agree about Jacomo de Jacomo, and never dared wearing Sables and Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal, as they seemed pretty strong too !

Among those I really wear, I think Muscs Koublaï Khän would be that "just-in-case-you-didn't-notice-I'd-entered-the-room" sort of scent !!!

funniest thread i have read in a long time, very entertaining,

"Sometimes when I hit the night clubs, I wear so much A*men the crowds become diabetic" great damn quote i died when i read this but thankfully my roomate went into the break glass in case of emergency kit and pulled out my bottle of kouros, one whiff and i was back on my feet

Thanks chuckpolzin!

Good thread retrieval skills!

I bookmarked this one - I can't tell you how many of these I have!

And, now, I want almost all of the ones I don't have!

[Why did so many people yell in 2006?]
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 23rd August 2008 at 01:52 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Esencia Loewe! **runs fingers thru gelled hair, flexes bicep, dons leather jacket & dark shades...drives away with beautiful girl on back of Vespa.**
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 23rd August 2008 at 03:14 AM.

Lauder for Men. Very laud (sic)!!! What a gem of a frag too.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Morning Star

From my current wardrobe:
    Knize 10
    JHL
    L' Artisan's beautiful Patchouli Patch
    Versace L' Homme

MKK and DZing!.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Just an off-topic note: Can't we just use the goddamn Quotation marks instead of "& quot" guys?! It gets annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrz View Post
    Just an off-topic note: Can't we just use the goddamn Quotation marks instead of "& quot" guys?! It gets annoying!
    I think that the "& quot" script comes up when posting to the boards with Firefox.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Back on topic. . .

MKK
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    I think that the "& quot" script comes up when posting to the boards with Firefox.
    I think they are remnants from an earlier system - it only seems to affect posts that are several years old.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by mgrz View Post
    The older postings are apparently undergoing double-encoding. Characters like double-quotes are special characters in HTML, so when they appear in text they need to be "escaped" from the rest of the text so that the browser will render them properly. A double-quote is translated as follows:

" encodes to " and decodes to "

The initial ampersand indicates to the browser a special character is coming up, and the trailing semicolon indicates the end of the encoding. Unfortunately, that ampersand in the encoding is also a special character, so if the text gets mistakenly encoded twice, you get the following:

" encodes to " which further encodes to " which decodes a single time to "

Examination of the source code for these pages indicates that the older postings have apparently been encoded twice before transmission, but are being decoded only once by the browser. That is why we're seeing " in them.

This double-encoding problem made an appearance previously when bluesoul built a Firefox plug-in to search the fragrance database. See here. Don't sweat it, mgrz, no one is doing it to get on your nerves ... yet.

Very few subtle scents in my wardrobe. With things like One Man Show, Opium PH EdP, KL Homme, Trumper Sandalwood, Dolce & Gabbana PH and Mazzolari Lui, i always make a strong statement .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??