Code of Conduct

Default Creed's Feuille Verte:  Initial Impressions

After much anticipation, I received a phone call from my SA at the Neiman Marcus, Beverly Hills last Saturday. " There are only four bottles available on the entire store and shipment will arrive on Tuesday--- we do have a small 'tester' available". I immediately went to NM and tried the 'tester'. Creed has sent the store a very small bottle ( 25 ml ) size and was half- filled with the precious liquid. I sprayed it on my wrist, arms, chest and this is my experience.

Feuille Verte ( Green Leaves ) opens with a clean, fresh lime green citrus note. Then the oakmoss starts to reveal itself but is perfectly blended with the Bulgarian Rose ( very expensive ingredient ). There is not one ingredient that stands out. It is very well blended. The composition reminded me of early morning walks in the middle of a forest. Hence the name, Feuille Verte. Very clean, crisp, and unmistakably elegant. The SA showed me the fact sheet and the first 250 ml bottle and flacon was presented to Prince Felipe of Spain in honor of the birth of their first child. Feuille Verte is a very nice, clean well composed fragrance if you are into 'green' scents. I like it enough, although I don't have a lot of "green' scents in my collection. The drydown is very good, but I'm afraid that this fragrance did not last as long as I had wanted it to, considering it comes in the eau the Parfum category. I did however, get some compliments from it as the day went on. I requested the SA to make me a decant and I've worn this scent two days in a row now.

This Creed "Private Collection" is unique enough for me to purchase the bottle. I asked the SA if I could buy the 250 ml bottle separately from the atomizer and the response was negative. The whole 'set' retails for 475 USD.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Default Re: Creed's Feuille Verte:  Initial Impressio

Cool. Any chance of a decant?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Creed's Feuille Verte: *Initial Impressions

If Creed really belives that this is a good fragrance, why limit it to 100 flacons? Charge top dollar but keep producing it, just limit it to 1000 units a year, or something similar.

Lord knows these people need a hit right now.

:-? :-?
    There is no Nose....

Default Re: Creed's Feuille Verte: *Initial Impressions

I guess it's about creating an aura of extreme exclusivity, which (a) maintains Creed's overall premium image/pricing and thus helps sell their other products, and (b) possibly paves the way for a higher-volume release in, say, 2 years ("OK, guys, now you're allowed to buy the famous Feuille Verte which until now was reserved to a few maharajahs plus Aubrgene&quot.
    I don't see it as irrational; it's actually a clever strategy to generate word of mouth (we are the proof... ); it's been used by many marketers, including for example Swatch at its beginnings.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Cool. Any chance of a decant?
    Please see my post under Fragrances for Sale. I have a limited supply of 10 ml decants from my own purchase that I am making available to basenoters. I would really like to see more reviews posted on this rarity.

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...312#post867312
    Last edited by Trasker; 22nd June 2006 at 09:57 PM.

aubrgene was kind enough to send me a generous sample of Feuille Verte
    and my impressions are as follows.

Feuille Verte opens unmistakenly green and perhaps a bit herbal
    like Aramis 900, but without the soapy note of the latter. The basenotes
    arrive very soon thereafter, and they are unmistakenly Creed. In fact, I
    am reminded of Vintage Tabarome, without the heavy tobacco of VT.
    Frankly, I like the fragrance a lot, but it's longevity is poor. For a very
    expensive limited edition they could have given better longevity. Still,
    I really enjoy the smooth blending of green leaves with the traditional
    Creed base accord.

trumpet_guy

Default Re: Creed's Feuille Verte:  Initial Impressions

I thought that movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" was about a bottle of Feuille Verte but I later found out it was about cars! LOL! Anyways, if you like FV, give cyprus musc a try, you won't regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy
    Feuille Verte opens unmistakenly green and perhaps a bit herbal
    like Aramis 900, but without the soapy note of the latter.
    On second smelling, I detect musk in the opening of this, and also
    something minty.

I'm liking it _very_ much. Wish it lasted longer........

You see that bit of pie over there with "humble" inscribed on it. That's mine that is.

I sprayed this on again today, and now I like it. There is still a little too much "rotting earth" in the green for me but that dissapears quite quickly and the rose is just fantastic!

Also the vanilla in the middle and Jasmine at the base feels the wrong way around in a way, but it is growing on me fast!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

This was my SOTD today and I gotta say that while I liked it initially I wasn't taken with the rose note as I tend not to go for that note in masculine fragrances. (Earlier associations I guess.) Anyway, with repeated wearings I'm beginning to 'get it' more and more. The drydown is just amazing! Not sure about 'rotting earth' but maybe that is that note Im' getting that is making the rose tolerable to me.

It's been a month now since I"ve sporadically worn this fragrance and I'm really loving it. I wore it last night because I wanted to identify the musk/rotting earth other posters have mentioned. I think it may actually be the oakmoss. The rose note does not bother me at all, and I have to agree with Trasker, the drydown is awesome! Thanks for sharing your feedbacks/reviews.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Got my decant from Trasker - thanks.

I've only worn it once, and while I did like it initially, on me it became nothing but the smell of baby powder after 2 hours.

But I will certainly try it again!

So, would all of you guys be inclined to say that an approximate $30 decant of this is worth the money? The green and natural essence of it intrigues me, yet it's not a particularly cheap decant. Worth it, yay or nay?

*Trasker, no one's asking you! Bah, who am I kidding I'll probably be contacting you in two minutes.

I just got my decant from Trasker .. seriously, is this fragrance amazing or what? It blows the doors off any 2006 fragrance release so far (Terre D Hermes included) and easily qualifies as one of the finest Creeds ever!

Below is my review which I have submitted to basenotes:

"Feuille Verte, or "Green Leaf" is an incredible fragrance of extremely high quality. As of now, it stands as the best release of 2006, and easily holds its own against the best that the house of Creed has released over the past 240 years. Yes, its that good.

The olfactory experience starts with a sharp, piney and fresh top notes of lime and madarin. These top notes awaken you to the olfactary experience you are about to undertake and command attention. The lime is especially attention drawing. After 15 minutes, its onto the middle notes. Here is where you will experience the "Forest smell" of Verte...the oakmoss brings about that earthy smell. It is kept in check by the wonderful vanilla and Bulgarian rose notes so as not to deter people wary of vetiver-type earthy notes. After that phase subsides, you experience the drydown, which is simply superb...instead of the usual Creed ambergris/musk/vanilla drydown, you are treated to a jasmin note of the highest quality. And this completes the olfactory journey of one of the finest fragrance creations around. All of this is provided to you with a guarantee of good sillage and longevity. If you are a fan of "green" scents, or just a fan of fragrances in general, you need to try this.

The only negative is that, for now, this is a limited edition fragrance. It would be a HUGE disappointment if Creed doesnt launch Feuille Verte as a normal release !!! "
    -

I'm glad you enjoy it and thanks for the great review. To my nose, the bulgarian rose seems to figure more dominantly in the middle than it does to others who have reveiwed it. That takes it down a notch in my book but not much. When the rose subsides I get all the warm earthy green that others report. As I have said elsewhere, this scent is really all about the drydown. Exquisite.

Lots of praise back here, reviving this very old thread... I'm wondering if people can weigh in with some more detailed reviews of the new "Feuille Verte 2011" re-release!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Lots of praise back here, reviving this very old thread... I'm wondering if people can weigh in with some more detailed reviews of the new "Feuille Verte 2011" re-release!
    took delivery of two flacons just this morning via UPS from the Creed Boutique.

I also had a 10ml decant of it that I got back in 2008. I finished that last year.

In my opinion, it's the same fragrance. If i was forced to find a discrepancy, I'd say the oakmoss is toned down a bit, but that is due to new IRFA regulations. So what was an ephemeral fragrance in 2006 is a tad more ephemeral. Every other note hits as well if not better.

I am honestly in awe that such an old-school fragrance can still be made. For every Creed fan that has been complaining about the new, modern approach they are taking with their new fragrances (Aventus, Original Cologne, etc)... this re-release of Feuille Vertes should be your savior golden child. This hits the same spot as Vintage Tabarome, Cypres Musc, and Angelique Encens.

smelling Feuille Vertes transports me back in time to a simpler America... post WWII... when men combined the hard-working spirit of America with a new sense of style and sophistication they learned in their travails thru Europe. This is Jon Hamm in Mad Men. This is Leonardo DiCaprio in Revolutionary Road.

Very masculine. Extremely high quality, yet not confused or overbearing. No, this fragrance knows itself very well, and is unapologetic. Metrosexuals, college frat-boys looking to get attention, and those who need to be able to identify 15 different notes in a fragrance for it to be considered good, don't even bother.

This is a fragrance for grown men, who appreciate real perfumery, who know themselves and exude a quiet confidence, and who have a preference for vintage-style fragrances.

All others need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaj View Post

In my opinion, it's the same fragrance. If i was forced to find a discrepancy, I'd say the oakmoss is toned down a bit, but that is due to new IRFA regulations. So what was an ephemeral fragrance in 2006 is a tad more ephemeral. Every other note hits as well if not better.
    I have worn 2006 and 2011 side by side and the 2011 is a shadow of the former. I won't be buying a flacon.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I have worn 2006 and 2011 side by side and the 2011 is a shadow of the former. I won't be buying a flacon.
    mountain, meet molehill
    Last edited by Minaj; 4th November 2011 at 01:44 PM.

From my sampling the 2006 version of FV isn't exactly a longevity beast either! Clearly if the 2006 version was still available, I'd prefer it but I'm thankful to be able to have FV in the somewhat degraded form. All fragrances I've tried lately that formerly had a good heap of oakmoss leave something to be desired today. Guerlain Derby is at the top of my list--horribly weak.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    From my sampling the 2006 version of FV isn't exactly a longevity beast either! Clearly if the 2006 version was still available, I'd prefer it but I'm thankful to be able to have FV in the somewhat degraded form. All fragrances I've tried lately that formerly had a good heap of oakmoss leave something to be desired today. Guerlain Derby is at the top of my list--horribly weak.
    perfectly put!

EXCELLENT to hear this. THIS is what I like to read!

And I do believe it is possible, and Creed has delivered very recently... unfortunately they've had many more "misses" than hits, as of late, in my humble opinion. Old school perfumery is back with FV is the message? Fantastic!

I've often said Windsor is brilliant but just not for me. I really dig Aventus now that I've sampled a few batches, seriously, but the house of Creed has released many of my all-time favorites and being introduced to FV might feel familiar in that sense. If it had been one year sooner I would have been able to procure a flacon, but I started on BN in 2007. I love Selection Verte and wonder about how mint is employed in SV, and how it is employed in FV. Mint is tricky to pull off - something only Creed has done well to my nose.

So what was an ephemeral fragrance in 2006 is a tad more ephemeral. Every other note hits as well if not better.
    Seeing as how I wear one of those 3 weekly, especially C-M, this has me boiling over in anticipation and very happy, now, that I have some for me, c/o of a good person to do business with here on BN. Thanks Minaj!

This hits the same spot as Vintage Tabarome, Cypres Musc, and Angelique Encens.

Thanks for your thoughts, scentsitivity - hmm, I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience. I tend to find unbelievable longevity with most Creed scents, except for Bois de Cedrat or Neroli Sauvage and some of the straight-up citruses. Hopefully I will find FV lasts long enough to make at least ONE good impression... my own.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post

I've never had the pleasure of sampling the 2006 release of Fueille Verte, and to be honest, at this point I don't want to. Feuille Verte '11 is a great scent in and of itself, took me a few samplings to 'get' it, dry down is sublime.

I'm pretty happy having in my collection the version that first came out years back.