Code of Conduct

Default Dinner with MR. Geir Ness?

I work at a country club where many wealthy people belong. They are residents of a wealthy part of NY and most live in the Upper East Side.... The rich part of NYC.

I met one young lad who will be a freshman in college next year who has a deep seeded Norwegian background. His mother happens to be a very popular woman in Norway and has many connections to the rich and famouse around where they live back there. 8-)

So, I talked to the kid about a number of things like school and I brought up Norway, as I heard the family talking about it while swimming. They were comparing water temperatures to the glacier lakes. It was a cold day...

I figured Norway was a relatively small place and he knew all of the things I knew about the country so far, which was not much at all. I decided to throw out the name Geir Ness. He immediately knew what I was talking about and asked if I knew Laila and Geir. OF COURSE I DO!!

It turns out that his mom, and now he knows the man personally. He was telling me about a dinner where the man visited their house!! He ate at their table with them!! So, I met a person who ate dinner with MR. Geir Ness!!

Imagine having someone like that come to your house and eat your food!? I couldn't even fathom such a fantisy. What a day that was.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting story and though I should share it with you all.

PS ~ We couldn't remember who Laila was named after. Does anyone remember off the top of their head?

;D

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Dinner with MR. Geir Ness?

There is a post on the ladies board about a member who met him and did not know who he was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    There is a post on the ladies board about a member who met him and did not know who he was at the time.
    I know now. I just found it. What a strange coincidence. Pepper is luckier than I am. I just know someone who knows him. She actually had a conversation with him! Crazyness!

Overcome By Fumes

Laila's his mother. Neat story!

http://www.laila.com/story.htm

I have never met the man personally, but have had a lot of conversations with him by email. Really a very nice guy. Was supposed to be at my grand opening but could not make it due to a trip he had to make to Europe around that time frame.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    I have never met the man personally, but have had a lot of conversations with him by email. Really a very nice guy. Was supposed to be at my grand opening but could not make it due to a trip he had to make to Europe around that time frame.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    I'm waiting eagerly my Geir sample from Vijay! Very nice from him to send one to the other end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    [quote author=maisonstinky link=1149709639/0#4 date=1149713331]I have never met the man personally, but have had a lot of conversations with him by email. Really a very nice guy. Was supposed to be at my grand opening but could not make it due to a trip he had to make to Europe around that time frame.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    I'm waiting eagerly my Geir sample from Vijay! Very nice from him to send one to the other end of the world [/quote]

Sandy, you'll love it. Just don't expect magic in the opening. Give it 20 minutes and THEN you'll realize its greatness.

Envyus, what do you do at the Country Club? That sounds like an interesting job. I bet you could make a lot of connections at a place like that.