Code of Conduct

Default Damn Nordstroms!

Just when I thought I wasn't going to buy any new fragrences for quite a while (I think I have something for every occasion) I passed by the fragrence counter and attempted to avert my eyes. But something caught them anyway. Was it the bottle shape, the different color juices? Did I subliminally catch the fragrence house name?

Well, I glanced back and saw 7 bottles all with the same simple shape filled with different colored juices. I was more intrigued. So reluctantly I walked over and saw the whole line of Truefitt & Hill (they just started carrying the line)! I immediately sampled West Indian Limes and it was love at first smell! I then went for Spanish Leather, another winner! Trafalgar and 1805 were also intriguing and worth another test.

I had to walk out quickly before I did something rash!

Default Re: Damn Nordstroms!

Which one did you go to?
    I usually go to one in MD and have never seen them there....you said they just started?
    Thanks.

I go to the one in Los Angeles (Woodland Hills, actually). They have it listed on their website, also.

One cool thing about Nordstroms is they have will sell 1/2 oz. decants of anything in the store (in nice bullet shaped purse atomizers) for $6.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

One cool thing about Nordstroms is they have will sell 1/2 oz. decants of anything in the store (in nice bullet shaped purse atomizers) for $6.
    Wow! Which Nordstroms have you done this with? This would mean that I can get 2oz for half the price of a normal 1.7 oz bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by LostboyR
    Wow! Which Nordstroms have you done this with? This would mean that I can get 2oz for half the price of a normal 1.7 oz bottle!
    I've done this at the Nordstroms in The Westchester mall in White Plains, NY. For my mother's birthday, I got her a selection of decants. But my understanding is that this is standard for all Nordstroms. I first read about it here on Basenotes.

--Steve

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yep i also got a 1/2 oz decant from Nordstroms, also at the Westchester.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamZ
    Yep i also got a 1/2 oz decant from Nordstroms, also at the Westchester.
    Please explain their procedure a little more for us? I live near a Nordstroms (actually, was just there today) and have never heard of this policy. Who at the store do you ask about this for decant purchases? Can they really decant any men's or women's scents? How long does this take them to do?

In fact, when I asked about samples today, two salespeople insisted they never have them anymore (and never ever mentioned the decant purchase ability). But I then I was unexpectedly given a sample each of the men's and women's new Very Cool Tommy Bahama fragrance by a third saleswoman, because they're having a store event this weekend for the brand.

Thanks!

Herb Lady,
    They have the empty 1/2 oz. purse atomizers in bins around the various perfume counters. You can buy them empty or ask any SA to make a sample for you (I don't know if they would understand the term "decant&quot.

I read about this here on Basenotes and found it a little too good to be true. But when I asked the SAs about it, they confirmed it and were very accommodating. They will indeed fill up an atomizer with anything in the store at no charge above the price of the empty atomizer, and they make the decants right there while you wait. I got my mother a selection of 8 decants for her birthday and the SA must have spent about 20 minutes squirting testers into the atomizers. He even made little labels for them.

--Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    Herb Lady,
    They have the empty 1/2 oz. purse atomizers in bins around the various perfume counters. You can buy them empty or ask any SA to make a sample for you (I don't know if they would understand the term "decant&quot.

I read about this here on Basenotes and found it a little too good to be true. But when I asked the SAs about it, they confirmed it and were very accommodating. They will indeed fill up an atomizer with anything in the store at no charge above the price of the empty atomizer, and they make the decants right there while you wait. I got my mother a selection of 8 decants for her birthday and the SA must have spent about 20 minutes squirting testers into the atomizers. He even made little labels for them.

--Steve
    Fabulous. You just made my evening, Steve. Thank you!

If this is all true then I'm bouts to go buck wild this weekend! I wonder if they would do it for free then if I brought my own atomizers? Probably not, but the prospect is tantalizing. Either way it's a pretty sweet deal!

Good idea, Giraffe!

I went to my local Nordstroms in CT this weekend and the sales associate said they were all out of the atomizers... AND she wasn't sure if they would be getting any more in. :-[ The SA made up a conciliatory vial of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil for me.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. However, Nordstrom is one of the few stores that will make up a sample of anything you ask for. They are still at the top of the customer service ladder, in my estimation.

I'd happily pay the $6 for the fragrance sample if I could bring my own atomizers!

Jim