Code of Conduct

Default Jean Pascal - A Short Review & BASENOTES SALE

Jean Pascal edt is an excellent cologne from Columbia that has been in production there for 22 years. *It begins with a crisp bergamot and herbal opening somewhat similar to the original Armani. *The bergamot fades and is replaced with lavendar in the herbal blend. *The scent is predominantly herbal through the opening and middle phases. *As it progresses, woods , amber, musc and moss rise to blend beautifully with the herbs. *There is something very animalic about this scent - perhaps it's the blend of musc with herbs. *There are times it smells like incense - perhaps it's the blend of herbs with woods.

Jean Pascal is a very masculine scent. *I can't imagine a woman pulling this one off. *While it smells nothing like Jules or Trussardi Uomo, it has the same masculine feel. *The scent lasts very well. *I applied it at 6am and it is still evident at 4pm. *

I am enjoying this very much. *It is different from anything in my collection.

[edit]No offers of sale on the main boards please.[/edit]

This is really worth trying. *Thanks Vijay.

Default Re: Jean Pascal - A Short Review

I had a bottle of this a couple of years back, but sold it off. It was available at Nordstrom, and I'd occassionally see it on sale for 40% off or so. It's definately got an 80's mossy-herbal vibe going on, and is indeed masculine. I think, in some way, it was almost impossible to describe.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    I had a bottle of this a couple of years back, but sold it off. It was available at Nordstrom, and I'd occassionally see it on sale for 40% off or so. It's definately got an 80's mossy-herbal vibe going on, and is indeed masculine. I think, in some way, it was almost impossible to describe.

It's funny you say that. It was extremely difficult to write a review as I couldn't find the words to describe it. It is one of those scents where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I really like this one - it is rough around the edges, very masculine and I can't stop smelling it.

sent PM, o bringer of glad tidings and samples.

Sent pm
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Setamp,

Thanks very much for the Jean Pascal samples.

All I can say is WOW. What a sleeper. Colombia. Who would have thought? How did you come across this, and how does one buy a bottle?

I really like it and you did a great job describing it. I can't crack the herbal profile yet, but I am pretty sure that the incense base that you notice is predominantly from Fir. I didn't pick this out immediately because I applied some just before I went to bed last night, but when I woke up during the night, I could definitely detect the Fir about 2 to 3 hours into the drydown. I am pretty sure that the animalic note is provided in the main by labdanum and that there is definitely cedar in the basenotes. Like you, I couldn't stop smelling myself. I am very intrigued and, again, like I said before, very grateful. Let me know if you find out anything else about this wonderful fragrance and, in the meantime, I'll try to see if I can place the herbal elements.

Best regards and many thanks,

scentemental

Hi Setamp,

Sent PM

Maisonstinky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Default Re: Jean Pascal - A Short Review & BASENOTES SALE

Vijay of Maison de Parfum has informed me that he will offer Pascal to Basenotes members at a special price.

The retail price is $50 for 4 oz. and $65 for 6oz. Mention that you are a Basenotes member and he will offer them for $30 for a 4 oz. adn $40 for a 6 oz. bottle. The bottles come in a hand-stitched leather case.

You can reach Vijay via email at: maisondeparfum@ij.net or call @ 813-657-6773 .
    The store hours are 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday and 11 AM to 6 PM Sunday.

sent PM

Hi,

I know Setamp has sent samples to some people. I want him to enjoy his Jean Pascal cologne bottle he has.

If anybody needs samples please email me your address and I will be glad to mail the samples out. Email me at maisondeparfum@ij.net.

I would really appreciate it if you got the sample from Setamp or me to write your comments (negative or positive) about the cologne in this topic. *That would really help me.

My best regards,

Vijay.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Thanks for the samples Chuck.
    The Jean Pascal smells rather (Caribbean) Sophisticated and Party Animal to me at the same time.
    It's weird...It smells like nothing else in my wardrobe so I have to have it. It is fresh and spicy and makes me think of the beach....I like it. My wifey digs it too so its ALL GOOD!
    Thanks again Chuck...for introducing me to another GREAT scent (1872, Conquest, Imperial Jade)

Since Chuck likes this one(and he turned me on to Agatha Brown!), I ordered the 4 oz. bottle just now. Vijay was easy to do business with and I told him I didn't want to wait on a sample(that he offered) so I placed my order which he will ship out today.

I'll let y'all know what this ol' man thinks of it in a few days.

Dan

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

He was happy to use my credit card. Didn't ask about paypal :-?

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    [quote author=myaccolades link=1138828935/0#12 date=1139857397]How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

He was happy to use my credit card. *Didn't ask about paypal :-?

Dan[/quote]

You didn't give him the numbers directly did you? I don't feel very safe doing that

Here's what the stuff looks like.

Nice leather get up. Very butch.

Griff
    Griff

Very nice looking!

[quote author=Lightninrod link=1138828935/0#13 date=1139867322][quote author=myaccolades link=1138828935/0#12 date=1139857397]How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

Dan[/quote]

You didn't give him the numbers directly did you? I don't feel very safe doing that[/quote]

I e-mailed him directly for samples. He said either credit card or sending him a check would be acceptable payment. Didn't mention anything about PayPal. If I like the frag, I think the only way I would go is personal check. I don't feel safe giving my CC #'s over the phone. The best way would be for him to join PayPal. I think he would sell more here with that as many member here belong to PP and they would feel safer.

That reminds me... I need to verify my PP acct. I only have 10$ left on my sending limit :'(

Hi fellow basenoters:

Let me thank a few people first:

1) Chuck, Thank you for starting a topic on this cologne and sending out samples.

2) Griff, Thank you for inserting the picture of the cologne bottle in this topic.

3) Every body else that has shown an interest in samples and ordered the juice.

Now let me address some concerns:

I have been in business for over 5 years and am an active member of the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce where I live and do business. The physical address of my store is 11146 Winthrop Market Street, Riverview, FL -33569. Phone number is (813) 657-6773

If anybody has any concerns regarding giving the credit card # on the phone to me
    you can call the Chamber (813) 689-1221 and find out about me. (I am better known as Stinky there *) .

If you are still concerned about that you can *just promise to send me a personal check and give me your address. I will ship it out before I get the check. All I have to do confirm your profile on basenotes.

Whichever way you feel comfortable is fine with me.

Once again I thank every one for the interest in this cologne.

Vijay "Stinky" Wadehra
    Maison de Parfum
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I am tempted to describe Jean Pascal in relation to other fragrances. But I think that would be misleading. Because Jean Pascal does things in its own way. It strikes a balance unlike other fragrances, even though it draws from a similar palette.

So, how would I describe this? It is an oriental. It is a deep and dark mix of spices, rare woods, and not so rare woods. It is as if the woods and spices have been sharing the same cozy space for a very long time and they have taken on the scent of the others. But not in a way that makes a single voice, but rather several matched voices singing together. It is neither too dry, nor too sweet. It mostly keeps to itself, close to the skin. But get close, and you feel its strength.

Imagine the romantic notion of the gentleman pirate, such as Errol Flynn in Captain Blood. This is where I picture Jean Pascal.

[quote author=Lightninrod link=1138828935/0#13 date=1139867322][quote author=myaccolades link=1138828935/0#12 date=1139857397]How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

Dan[/quote]

You didn't give him the numbers directly did you? I don't feel very safe doing that[/quote]

I've done this over the phone with Vijay on a number of occasions. I can vouch for him. no problems or irregularities ever.

IŽd trust the man with practically anything! Class act, goes the extra mile for whatever special wishes you have.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=myaccolades link=1138828935/0#14 date=1139868126][quote author=Lightninrod link=1138828935/0#13 date=1139867322][quote author=myaccolades link=1138828935/0#12 date=1139857397]How does payment work? Paypal? Credit card?

He was happy to use my credit card. Didn't ask about paypal :-?

Dan[/quote]

I've done this over the phone with Vijay on a number of occasions. I can vouch for him. no problems or irregularities ever.[/quote]

I'll second that. Vijay is prompt, polite and professional. I have not had any problems with the two orders I've already done (and one more in the pipe).

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    If anybody has any concerns regarding giving the credit card # on the phone to me
    you can call the Chamber (813) 689-1221 and find out about me. (I am better known as Stinky there *) .
    The chamber of commerce knows you as "stinky"? that's awesome.

My humble review of this wonderful fragrance:

It has a very green opening. I think it has petitgrain which is the leaves and even bark of citrus trees. I do smell bergamot and maybe even vetiver. As it settles, I smell woods and vetiver. This reminds me of several of the early Jean Laporte creations like his Vetiver (now called Racine by MPG) or even the one (sorry, I can't recall the name) that had celery in it. It is very "artsy" and creative and not the traditional masculine fragrance I was expecting. I must also add that there is nothing...nothing artificial smelling here. It's absolutely natural and earthy. It's also long lasting.

Thanks Vijay for all of my samples! The Montales are exceptional. I highly recommend Jean Pascal to anyone that loves citrus and petitgrain and vetiver fragrances.