Code of Conduct

Thread: detaille

Default detaille

i'm starting to look into some of the places i want to visit when i'm in paris with my wife and kids next month...does anyone know of this house?....i will of course be visiting MPG...caron...guerlain and others...i t will be an exciting trip for me now that i'm all basenoted in my "hobby"...lol
    http://www.detaille.com/Us/index.htm

Default Re: detaille

I found out about Detaille about a year ago. They make very fine fragrances, all of which are splendid in a very classic way. Do not expect anything you haven't already smelled : you will have the impression to have known these fragrances for ever. Yet, they are all nice (I particularly like Escrimeur and Aeroplane.) If you have little time to spend, I suggest you forget about Detaille and prefer to pay a visit to Les Salons du Palais Royal (Serge Lutens), The Different Company, Parfumerie Générale or--much much much better even-- JAR Parfums. THAT is a trip you will remember. (Mind you, I realize there is something so old-fashioned-European in Detaille that it might at least be of touristic interest, after all ! )

I used to have a small decant of Aeroplane. It was wonderful! As Manderley said, nothing unconventional... definitely not Passage d'enfer or anything... but very classy and yet distinctive.
    Unfortunately, I've had real difficulty finding it again on this side of the pond. Does anybody know where one might be able to get it or (better yet) have a bottle they want to sell/trade?
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    I used to have a small decant of Aeroplane. It was wonderful! As Manderley said, nothing unconventional... definitely not Passage d'enfer or anything... but very classy and yet distinctive.
    Unfortunately, I've had real difficulty finding it again on this side of the pond. Does anybody know where one might be able to get it or (better yet) have a bottle they want to sell/trade?
    You should be able to get the Detaille fragrances at Takashimaya in New York. I have seen them there on numerous occasions. Sometimes, however, they run out. Worth checking into, however.

Joe