Code of Conduct

Thread: cdg jaisalmer

Default cdg jaisalmer

i wore jaisalmer to work yesterday. A colleague looked at me and said i dont like ur frag, you smell like bush. (whatever he meant by that) i was very shocked at his comment so i walked away. i asked a lady friend if she liked it and she said it smelled like dirt. ....well i like it anyway.

is there a point in wearing a scent when everyone else around you does not like it.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: cdg jaisalmer

Hell yea!

Keep 'em guessing. Plus this is a good way to keep bland and uninteresting people away from you. It's important not to dull one's edge with such blunt folk.

I had an unexpected one night stand last fall while wearing Jaisalmer for the first glorious time. Oddly enough, I suspect that others MAY not really like it so much. I don't understand why. It's a great scent and one that I have utmost confidence in.

On a side note. I wore MI to a bar tonight and approached a bevy of cute chicks (well, the one CUTE one, and the two crusty old GATEKEEPERS; to hell with them!). I struck out in unbelievable fashion. I'm actually in awe of how bad my pickup attempt was. I'm not happy.

Anyway, I think Jaisalmer is great. Keep wearing it!

Jaisalmer?! Goodness, what's not to like? Everyone I've ever had an opinion from, mostly women, has loved it. I'm convinced it's great and I don't think you should let a couple of outlier opinions convince you otherwise. It plainly doesn't smell at all like either of the things they mentioned.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

smells like bush well if he means what i think he means i'd like him to introduce me to the ones that do smell like jaisalmer.

Jaisalmer is my favorite of the series and is an excellent scent IMO. Keep wearing it!

Quote Originally Posted by fenton_t_fox
    smells like bush well if he means what i think he means i'd like him to introduce me to the ones that do smell like jaisalmer.

Yeah, ditto.

I don't get anything dirty or animalic out of Jaisalmer at all. Maybe it could be said to be a bit earthy, but it's earthy in a very clean way. Oddly enough, the day I got my Jaisalmer, I also received a bottle of Dry Clean, and my brother said IT smelled like p*ssy. I don't think so at all.

I will say again that I've worn Jaisalmer a few times and I got the impression that some people didn't care for it--which baffles me. Honestly, I think it's one of the best smelling colognes I have. It always smells good and it always smells the same. It never changes over time or loses its appeal like some scents. Some scents I can understand why people would dislike--even some of my faves--but like Tuner said, what's not to love about this one? After seeing this thread, I put some on...and I'm sniffing it now. It's so warm, spicy, exotic--yet it's never oppressive. It's almost edible. Scalded milk, clove, pie crust, green pepper; it's very foody, yet not foody like curry or anything.

But yeah, show me ANY kind of bush--shrubbery or not-- that smells like Jaisalmer, and I'll be impressed.

Indie, I recall a story you shared a while back about revealing your collection to a couple of friends. You said that you were with the girl that you had the one night stand with while wearing Jaisalmer, and that when you showed her that one she didn't like it. Weird that now the topic of people disliking this is coming up again. Also, I'd like to know, did your strikeout have anything to do with the girls disliking the MI or did you just have an off-night?

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    Indie, I recall a story you shared a while back about revealing your collection to a couple of friends. *You said that you were with the girl that you had the one night stand with while wearing Jaisalmer, and that when you showed her that one she didn't like it. *Weird that now the topic of people disliking this is coming up again. *Also, I'd like to know, did your strikeout have anything to do with the girls disliking the MI or did you just have an off-night?

Giraffe, you have a great memory. Yep, this crazy girl told me that she didn't like Jaisalmer when I showed her the bottle. It's funny because the night I took her virtue (yeah right, I crack myself up) I had put on a pretty strong dose of Jaisalmer. Well she couldn't have hated me/Jaisalmer that bad, because she tried really hard to get repeat performances out of me.

Anyway... the topic of my recent strikeout. Well I'm kind of talking to a girl anyway, so i probably deserved to fail... But anyway I'm sure it had nothing to do with MI. But I saw this one girl, and she was beautiful--she was making eyes at me and I couldn't let it pass. But the problem is... my game is non-existent at times. I told my brother and his friend that I was going to go get this girl and her friends... One problem- It didn't think before I started talking to them. I had nothing to say and fell flat on my face. I bombed, guys.

The problem lies in the fact that I didn't count on the phenomenon of "aproaching a 'pack.'" So basically, I couldn't get to the hot one; I had to do all my talking to the cold, lifeless, less-attactive one. It was like talking to a streetsign. What galls me is that I rushed it. Had I waited, I'm certain that the girl would have approached me. It was like walking out on a stage to do standup comedy, and realizing you've got nothing. Then later as they were leaving, I tapped the cold, lifeless,girl on the shoulder and said, "Hey, sorry about the lame-ass pickup attempt." Hey, when you lose, it's good to laugh it off.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but sometimes wearing MI is not enough. I think I figured that since I was wearing MI and wearing my lucky shirt that it was going to be a no-brainer. I don't have a very good profession to brag about, but I do have a really nice loft apartment, and usually once I get a girl into my place, I don't have to say much. Plus I usually play a song or two on the piano to impress them. I guess I had gotten lazy and just thought I could tell them to come to my place and they would fall in love with me automatically. The MI was supposed to do the talking.

So in conclusion... a good scent still won't do all the work for you!