Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Hugo Boss has left the building.

I really enjoy Energise. I only have a little sample of it, but I think it is a nice refreshing/citrusy/sporty frag that would be nice to just wear around in the summer whether I am running errands or just relaxing. I really don't see how some people think it smells "bad"... maybe bland/simple.. but I think it's rather nice.

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlomo22
    I really enjoy Energise. I only have a little sample of it, but I think it is a nice refreshing/citrusy/sporty frag that would be nice to just wear around in the summer whether I am running errands or just relaxing. I really don't see how some people think it smells "bad"... maybe bland/simple.. but I think it's rather nice.
    It isn't a terrible scent, but if you compare it to anything else out there...even other stuff from the Boss counter at your local mall, why would you pick it? HOW!? IT ISN'T POSSIBLE! :P Take some pine out of Hugo, add a generic nutty drydown, and market it with some guy jumping a roof top. Whoopee!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    l[quote author=Schlomo22 link=1147171202/30#30 date=1148256956]I really enjoy Energise. I only have a little sample of it, but I think it is a nice refreshing/citrusy/sporty frag that would be nice to just wear around in the summer whether I am running errands or just relaxing. I really don't see how some people think it smells "bad"... maybe bland/simple.. but I think it's rather nice.
    It isn't a terrible scent, but if you compare it to anything else out there...even other stuff from the Boss counter at your local mall, why would you pick it? *HOW!? IT ISN'T POSSIBLE! *:P *Take some pine out of Hugo, add a generic nutty drydown, and market it with some guy jumping a roof top. *Whoopee! *[/quote]

LOL yeah this campaign cracks me up to. The only one I find to be funnier is Lacoste Por Homme, with the naked Mr. Distinguished Dude drinking coffee. inexplicably hilarious!

I just bought Boss Bottled at Marshall's for $24.99...I just could not resist...

Chuck
    Current faves: Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, MFK Masculin Pluriel, Dior Homme Eau, TDH Parfum

Boss Bottled is great man, a super-pleasant wear for sure. Need to get another one myself soon, it really has great sillage as well.

Mic, how was your experience with selection? I retried it since, still think itīs a p o s...

MMM 8-)

Nice reviews!

However I have always felt Boss frags to be too synthetic for my taste.
    -

I have never found a (male) Boss fragrance I liked - I find them all rather synthetic with a common 'bubblegum' note I'm not so fond of. However, the house is responsible for two of my favourite women's fragrances - namely Boss Woman and Deep Red. Go figure.

I like Bottled as well. It's actually the only Boss I care for.

The new Selection is faint sugar water. Faint. Sugar. Water. The way it's marketed (a relatively mature guy, classy yet sporty blabla) makes it even more ridiculous.

I too enjoy Boss Bottled the most out of all of them. This is one of the few frags that I swear will be worn off at the end of a long work day and someone will compliment me on it. It has happened several times.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt

Mic, how was your experience with selection? I retried it since, still think itīs a p o s...

MMM *8-)
    It is ultra-weak! I think I sprayed 10-12 times as always in the morning and when I came to work it was gone. I gave it 10 more shots in the afternoon and it was gone few minutes later - it really was!

The scent itself is the same as the last 6-8 fragrances from Boss and I wish I did not buy it..........

Mic.

I am sorry to be the bottom top 100 but I happen to like Boss Selection a lot!

Actually I wore it today and it is not weak at all on me it is still lingering on my skin from this morning while I am typing this tonight.

The bottle is beautiful it is simple yet very class clean cut yet dark and mysterious. The scent is light lingering simple yet complex.

Perfect job P&G.

i dont see any problem with the notes in " selection", will be soon in stores here,. so sure ill test it, maybe wont be a hit in perfumery, but im interesting on it...

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I am sorry to be the bottom top 100 but I happen to like Boss Selection a lot!

Actually I wore it today and it is not weak at all on me it is still lingering on my skin from this morning while I am typing this tonight.

The bottle is beautiful it is simple yet very class clean cut yet dark and mysterious. *The scent is light lingering simple yet complex.

Perfect job P&G.

I'm with you scentimus on this one. It's not groundbreaking, very original or unique but it's nice and pleasant. I like it better than Boss Soul, Del Mar and Energise. If you expected something extraordinary from Hugo Boss ( and I never did ) you may be upset after trying Selection otherwise it's a light, easy-to-wear,all-around scent.

Well, just bought 3 bottles of Hugo Boss lines today; they are Boss Bottled, Boss Energise and Hugo BOSS (1995). I've sampled Elements Aqua and Boss No. 1, love them both, fantastic, but better get them later.

I can't understand as to why many people here hate Boss Energise, I think it's a great scent, easy to wear, casual and comfortable. Well, however, the different opinions are what we need, don't we?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Well, just bought 3 bottles of Hugo Boss lines today; they are Boss Bottled, Boss Energise and Hugo BOSS (1995). *I've sampled Elements Aqua and Boss No. 1, love them both, fantastic, but better get them later.

I can't understand as to why many people here hate Boss Energise, I think it's a great scent, easy to wear, casual and comfortable. *Well, however, the different opinions are what we need, don't we?
    I tried Soul and Energise on the same day, one on each wrist. Soul started out alot better to me than Energise and by the time i was done shopping I decided Soul was better and purchased it.

As I sat at home, I could not stop smelling my wrist with Energise on it, the dry down was much better than Soul. I went out the next day and bought a bottle. It's great on the weekends when you're just hanging out. I still like Soul, but agree with some that it's drydown is missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Well, just bought 3 bottles of Hugo Boss lines today; they are Boss Bottled, Boss Energise and Hugo BOSS (1995). *I've sampled Elements Aqua and Boss No. 1, love them both, fantastic, but better get them later.

I can't understand as to why many people here hate Boss Energise, I think it's a great scent, easy to wear, casual and comfortable. *Well, however, the different opinions are what we need, don't we?
    hey,. i think the same, i like very much some of hugo fragances !, this forum is full of "boss" haters.. but we cant change that. sure we find people who like this fragances and share opinions/reviews about them!

Omni, did you actually read my initial post?
    MMM

Hi Jpara, right, the salesman kept telling me that Energise's drydown is splendid. I can't disagree. However, I knew that before yesterday as I got a strip of Energise and kept it in my wallet, 1 week gone, the smell was still there.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I really like energize and selection! I like the packaging too. Could it be that you've just seen a large evolution in fragrances over the years and prefer fragrances from earlier on? I am 25 and tend to prefer brighter,cleaner, more citrusy fragrances to the older, spicier, fuller-bodied scents - and I'd imagine this to be a trend among my age group. I was actually quite impressed with energise, as it was unique enough to get my attention, while being a more popular brand. Just smelled selection yesterday and got a sample, which btw I'm wearing now. I think I like it enough to buy.

I WILL agree with you in the fact that the more modern fragrances don't last worth dog_shit! Is it really that hard to make a citrus last? Or is this a marketing gimmick to get us to use product faster and thus buy more? 8-)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I like HUGO by Hugo Boss a lot! I think it smells very nice and very unique! I think that it goes well for a target between 15 and 25!

The hugo boss fashion label of today just keeps me puzzled. They really go more for quantity over quality and the more recent releases also feels soo unfocused - like they are missing a clear concept. IMO they do not even manage to make the launch campaign appealing to the consumer. I totally lost interest for Boss fragrances in recent years since I just could not get by the feeling that they were to synthetic and cheapish. It is a shame. However, old favorites from the label are no 1, spirit and sport. Boss bottled wasn't bad either...

I was given a sample of Boss Selection today from an SA and thought of Monkeyman's review. I honestly got about 30 minutes out of it and I put a lot on. Truly dissapointing frag. I'm actually puzzled as to why it was even released. You would think they would use live models to test this lackless stuff.

Boss Bottled on the other hand is quite superb and lasts all day and garners many compliments.
    Peace ~ Markymark

i tried both new releases , in motion "black" & "selection", the first is not bad at all, but no surprises: an easy, simple citrus/spicy base, longevity medium and thats all, , in the other hand, the problem is longevity, because i couldnt smell it no more that 2 hrs on my skin, but its really nice, comfortable fragance...
    :P