Code of Conduct

Default 20+ year old mini bottle still smells great!

I've seen people ask how long fragrances will last only to receive different answers. Some say 3-5 years, some say 10 if stored in the correct conditions (cool, dark, dry), but I have a bottle of Trophee Lancome (the one with the tiny golf ball cap) that I took from my dad when I was younger... And still smells the same today! I also have a full size new bottle of trophee, and they smell the same. So I guess this doesn't really prove anything, but it is at least one example of fragrance lasting 2 decades (at least).
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: 20+ year old mini bottle still smells great!

Same thing happened to me about a year-and-a-half ago -- I was going through my old bedroom closet at my parents house (where I haven't lived since the late '80s) and came across one of my first ever colognes -- I don't even know what it's called, but it was from Avon I think and came in an NBA trophy looking bottle, complete with a little statue of a basketball player on top and the logo of your favorite team in a big, round circle on the bottle (mine was the 76'ers) -- I opened it up, and the stuff still smelled terrific... I even splashed a little bit on and put it right back where I found it. It's got to be more than 20 years old. *Anyone else remember those Avon NBA trophy colognes?

Default Re: 20+ year old mini bottle still smells great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Same thing happened to me about a year-and-a-half ago -- I was going through my old bedroom closet at my parents house (where I haven't lived since the late '80s) and came across one of my first ever colognes -- I don't even know what it's called, but it was from Avon I think and came in an NBA trophy looking bottle, complete with a little statue of a basketball player on top and the logo of your favorite team in a big, round circle on the bottle (mine was the 76'ers) -- I opened it up, and the stuff still smelled terrific... I even splashed a little bit on and put it right back where I found it. It's got to be more than 20 years old. *Anyone else remember those Avon NBA trophy colognes?
    Do I? And how. My sister-in-law sold Avon back then and she thought it was my duty to buy every one of those different scents. I remember a trophy thing, a gavel thing, an Etruscan soldier head thing--if I remember right, they weren't too bad of scents--just had no longevity.

Last year I found an old bottle of Old Spice at the summer cabin. It's got to be at least thirty years old. It still smells pretty much the same.