Code of Conduct

Default When should I wear Chic by Carolina Herrera???

I just bought a 3.4 oz tester of Chic for men because I love the smell--problem is, I don't know when to wear this one. It's kind of spicy, kind of sweet--kind of oriental, kind of fresh. I have around 50 fragrances and this is the first one to stump me as to its usage. I work in a very casual environment from 7am-4pm daily M-F and always wear a fragrance to work. I am literally surrounded by people and often get compliments but I am very careful to not overapply which is easy to do after you get complimented on a fragrance. This one seems like it would be very easy to apply to much and not really notice it. It is really hot here now (90-95 most days) which seems to really amplify this type of scent. Give me some good advice---you all haven't let me down yet.

Default Re: When should I wear Chic by Carolina Herrera???

I assume you work indoors? If you do and there is air conditioning, no problem. I actually purchased Chic last year in the middle of a heat wave, and had no problems wearing it even in the god awful heat and humidity. Two small sprays to the chest, it's a very casual fragrance in my mind so wearing it to the office shouldn't be a problem. Not so much for formal occassions or clubbing/evening wear.

If you're outdoors for an extended period of time, a single heavy spray will prevent you from reeking to high heaven. However I don't think the scent lasts too long, so you may find yourself 'dry' so to speak within 3 hours.

Overcome By Fumes

Maybe I am dense, but I never really understand this kind of question. Wear it whenever you like. I have more fragrances than I care to count but I will wear almost any one on any occasion any day any weather. I find that I appreciate different nuances of each fragrances depending on the conditions and thus, if I were to limit certain fragrances to certain situations I would deprive myself of such potential. If one does find that one drifts to wearing certain fragrances according to situation, then it is probably a good idea to take it for a spin under many different conditions and find out directly where you like it best. Just enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Maybe I am dense, but I never really understand this kind of question. *Wear it whenever you like. *I have more fragrances than I care to count but I will wear almost any one on any occasion any day any weather. *I find that I appreciate different nuances of each fragrances depending on the conditions and thus, if I were to limit certain fragrances to certain situations I would deprive myself of such potential. *If one does find that one drifts to wearing certain fragrances according to situation, then it is probably a good idea to take it for a spin under many different conditions and find out directly where you like it best. *Just enjoy it!

Well said! I can never answer these questions either ....body chemistry and ph levels are diffrent on all of us. On me Chic fades away in 30 mins its the lightest of Herrera scents on me. How can I give you advise with out even smelling it on you???

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Maybe I am dense, but I never really understand this kind of question. *Wear it whenever you like. *

I can see your viewpoint on this. The vast majority of my scents I wear whenever I feel like it, however there are a select few that experience has taught me the hard way to not wear under certain conditions. The original Issey Miyake is almost unbearable on me when it's very hot and humid, it's just too deathly sweet. I think that's what the OP was aiming for, simply trying to figure out when it's a bad idea to wear Chic. While it's all well and good to say "wear when you like and figure out what works for you" it's equally valid to seek out other users' experiences to avoid potential pitfalls. My two cents.

Chic is one of my favourite scents. I wear it almost everywhere, but depending on the clothes I wear.

Well, I wore it to work today and I'm lucky enough to work with A LOT of females who love fragrances----they simply went crazy over this one. I kind of speak on their level when it comes to shopping and fragrances so they are always asking me what I think of their new smells and they usually come smelling me to see what I've got on------I love it when they don't have a clue what I've got on which is what happened today. I applied one squirt to each wrist, two to the chest, and one to the back of the neck and it kind of created a quilt of tranquility around me that was unreal. My ex who is 19 loved it, her boss who is 50 loved it, and my three best female friends (28, 31, 32) all were enamored by this one. The 50 year old acted like she was going to faint and complained that, "All my husband will wear is Right Guard!!!" I love fragrances even if they are going to eventually bankrupt me.

I hate this fragance.

Quote Originally Posted by stra6ko
    Chic is one of my favourite scents. I wear it almost everywhere, but depending on the clothes I wear.
    like what he said, for real it's like d&g pour homme. I like it but it's way too young for me, as you can just smell that sweet note, like in swiss army.

I love it I have 2 bottles. I always wear this one when out to movie theatre, shopping on weekend, see friends. I don't think it's suitable for office wear as it might disturbs colleagues' concentration upon their work!!! Also, it lasts so long on me with just 2 spritz. I live in Thailand - warm weather like 35-40 c.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I think this one can be classified as hot weather evening casual scent. Not formal enough for work but not for clubs either. Just for relaxed casual evenings where you might have dates or hang out with friends or whatsoever light casual activities there are. I'm not saying you can't wear it daytime but it is a bit heavier than most daytime fresh/sporty etc scents. I also find it similar to D&G ph in it's usage.

I used to wear Chic to work and received lots of compliments from women. It does have good projection, so just resist the urge to over apply and you'll be fine
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

I've got a blind swap of Chic on the way so this thread is very interesting to me. Love what happened to you cookesoul so I'm looking forward to my new scent.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

anytime you want, it's your decision!