Code of Conduct

Default goste Eau de Cologne Concentre

Egoiste Eau de Cologne Concentree... What is it, where do I find it? Have any of you tried it? Is it different from the Eau de Toilette? It isn't on the Chanel website although I've yet to check the boutique.

Default Re: goste Eau de Cologne Concentre

It is similar to the EDT, but not exactly the same. You can purchase a decant of it in the Basenotes Marketplace.

[blue]A point of clarification: it's goste Cologne Concentre not goste Eau de Cologne Concentre.

As far as I know, it's discontinued and has been for some time, though bottles of it crop up frequently on ebay.

The differences between the regular goste version and the Concentre version are really quite straightforward.

Basically, the Concentre version is the regular version minus the top notes and most of the middle notes with a heavier concentration on the basenotes. It's more musky due to the ambrette seed note being more concentrated and much woodier and drier with a super concentrated sandalwood note.

scentemental[/blue]

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

[blue]A point of clarification: it's goste Cologne Concentre not goste Eau de Cologne Concentre.

As far as I know, it's discontinued and has been for some time, though bottles of it crop up frequently on ebay.

scentemental[/blue]
    that said, its probably also good to add a caveat that Chanels are notoriously risky ebay buys, due to the simple elgance (read: ease of counterfeiting) of their blocky flacons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=scentemental link=1149215664/0#2 date=1149218698]

scentemental[/blue]
    that said, its probably also good to add a caveat that Chanels are notoriously risky ebay buys, due to the simple elgance (read: ease of counterfeiting) of their blocky flacons.
    [/quote]

[blue]I've found the problem with buying Chanels on ebay less to be problems with counterfeiting, which I firmly believe are always overexaggerated, than problems with deterioration.

Of the 5 bottles of goste Cologne Concentre that I have purchased over the last two years on ebay, 3 have been off. That's not unusual for Chanels. My policy now is never to buy a Chanel on ebay that doesn't come with a box and to always enquire about the juice's freshness before hand.

scentemental

P.S. All three bad bottle of goste Cologne Concentre were without a box.[/blue]