Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant - edt, edp or d'un Eté?

L’Instant pour homme has been real ”sleeper” for me. From the time it came out to now, I could until recently fully appreciate this masterpiece. I even think you can smell the superb quality of the juice and the bitter cacao note makes this fragrance so versatile. IMHO this is a modern masterpiece along with classic scents like habit rouge or vetiver.

Being new to the scent and all I found that different versions to the normal edt is available. So my question to you more experienced with this piece of art is whether the edp version is worth owning as well? And also, have anyone heard experienced the new ”light” version?

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: L'Instant - edt, edp or d'un Eté?

I was impressed enough by the EdP to buy it after I already owned the EdT, although if I'd had the chance to buy the EdP originally I might have passed on the EdT. The summer version I haven't tried yet, but I'm usually not a great afficionado of the light versions.

If one of them were less sweet than the others that would be great because the edt is just too sweet for me with not enough balance. Sorry I can't tell you about the edp or summer version.

(copied from another reply from me: ) Summer version: Hm, I found it much too weak. Besides I think the original isn't that heavy. Maybe this version does make sense on a really hot and/or humid day, but on an average warm spring day one can imho keep using the original edt.
    The edp has less of the brighter aspects (which imho means less versatility) of the edt, and is of course lasting longer.

So I would go for the edt (even though I don't )

The EdP begins as a thick cloud, much like eating the frosting first, then the cake on your dessert. Longevity seems the same with the EdT,

The EdT has detectable nuances, fresh notes with sweeter gourmand notes in the background, which develop to a creamy, sweet scent accented with spice.

As for the D'Ete version, haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that it concentrates itself on the more fresher aspects of the scent, and I've heard that it has the same longevity of the EdT.

I guess one's mission is to figure out what aspect of L'Instant you most enjoy. Longevity seems to be the same in all versions, so it's purely on the interpretation of the scent for one to choose.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I have tried them all three. I have the edp, but to be honest I don't use it that much now.It's better on colder days. I wear the edt more it seems. If you have the edt , there's no use in buying the summer version ,it's the edt version but a tad lighter. For me the edt it good for hot weather too, but if the edt is still too heavy for you, I'd buy the summer one. Hope it ll makes sense, :

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    As for the D'Ete version, haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that it concentrates itself on the more fresher aspects of the scent, and I've heard that it has the same longevity of the EdT.
    I wish it were like that for me, I would have gotten the ete if it had the same lasting power.

I have both the Edt and L'Instant d'un été and I like them both. Both are just as longlasting on me.. I might actually buy the EdP, even though I haven't tried it. Yet. In the summer version, the contrast is more accentuated between the top notes (lime instead of lemon) and the base notes than in the regular version. I find the evolution in the summer version to be simpler and faster, which accentuates the contrast between opening and base notes as well. I would say that the heart notes are almost "silent" compared to the Edt. And the tea note is more prominent in the summer version. Finally, the summer version does not appear to be as sweet. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them and I am planning on using L'Instant d'un été year round.

I have the edp and its really good. The dark, bitter sweet aspects of L'instant edt are fully explored in the edp. But for some reason I prefer my l'instant fresher, so I prefer the edt. I've tried the d'un ete' version and its kind of watery light, also very pleasant. IMO, edt is the most balanced of the three.

I have the EDT and the EDP versions.

In terms of longevity, both are close enough for this not to be a deciding factor.

The EDT is slightly better balanced in my opinion - the EDP has more of the sweet chocolatey basenotes but less of the star anise to act as a counterpoint.

Cool! Thanks guys. To summarize my overall impression of your answers, the edt are the most balanced of the three and subsequently the most versatile. The D'Eté is basically a lighter version of the edt that develops quicker after application and edp is the concentrate of the base notes in the edt, heavy in the bitter chocolate note and most useful a winter evening....It sounds to me that it could be worth owning all three of these guys...

I have been able to locate the edp at escentual.co.uk but have not been able to find the d'un Eté on the web so far...anyone got an idea about who could sell the Eté version of L'Instant? Once again - thanks.