Code of Conduct

Default Quality Mass Market Frags

I think these 3 mass market frags are good enough to seriously be compared against many designer frags:

1) Tabac
    The perfect in-between-mass-market-and-designer-level frag

2) 4711
    Amazing fragrance. *If it lasted more than 5 minutes would be one of favourite frags outright

3)Old Spice
    The Legend

Default Re: Quality Mass Market Frags

I was bowled over smelling Stetson Black. I'd gladly wear this one compared to Polo Black. Haven't bought a bottle because I know it's not really a long lasting scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    I was bowled over smelling Stetson Black. *I'd gladly wear this one compared to Polo Black. *Haven't bought a bottle because I know it's not really a long lasting scent.
    I also though Stetson Black was pretty good. Surprised how often I found myself sniffing my hand after giving it a spritz.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Although I know some people on this board really dislke Canoe, I happen to like it. *A lot! *In fact, I think I might get a bottle.
    [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

I was talking to my dad about cologne, and I noted that he never ever wears any. He said that when he was a teen he used to wear Canoe to Bar Mitzvah parties! The results from those years probably scarred him for life. No wonder he doesn't ever wear cologne.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's really on par w/ some of my favorite designer frags, but I have been known to dab some Jovan Musk behind the ears a time or two.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    [quote author=iMaverick link=1148762391/0#1 date=1148766997]I was bowled over smelling Stetson Black. I'd gladly wear this one compared to Polo Black. Haven't bought a bottle because I know it's not really a long lasting scent.
    I also though Stetson Black was pretty good. Surprised how often I found myself sniffing my hand after giving it a spritz.[/quote]

I own this, and feel the same way. Although, im having a hard time putting it on when I have two other great frags. in line ahead on Stentson

Axe. ;D
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Agua Brava - although it may only be considered mass market in Spain...

Aspen:Woods, Pine Needles, and Lemon.

IMO Havana and DK Fuel smell so balanced that I sometimes forget they're designer scents. Terre d'Hermes and Boucheron EDP also put a lot of niche scents to shame in the citrus department.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    IMO Havana and DK Fuel smell so balanced that I sometimes forget they're designer scents. Terre d'Hermes and Boucheron EDP also put a lot of niche scents to shame in the citrus department.
    I meant a discussion that would revolve around the forgotten quality of good, cheaper scents. I guess you can logically add the next dimension of the ability of some top design frags overshadowing established niche favourites.
    In my Wardrobe (I havent smelt a niche, so going on what I estimate.)
    Havana
    Fahrenheit
    Nemo
    Givenchy Gentleman
    Visit
    Guerlain Vetiver (is this Niche or designer)
    WOULD STOMP Mr Lutens till Guy Fawkes day

Yves Rocher's Nature Millenaire Homme.
    And I have good things about Avon's Tommorow for Men.

There is lots of nice stuff available:

Culture Tabac - Arena di Roma : Ridicilously refined scent, absolutely well made and pleasant in every way. It`s sweet, like a polished Le Male with apples thrown along.

Tabac Man : Suprisingly complex scent with very interesting development quality. To me this is kind of "salty" scent; leathery with very nice green notes.

The Body Shop - Javari : Delicious scent in the vein of Le Male. Not so sweet, with well balanced pepper notes at
    the top of the musky base.

Ulric de Varens - Tea & Tobacco (Rectoverso) : This is brilliant scent with subtle tea and tobacco notes. I could call this poor man`s Tea For Two.

etc.

BTW, I was only kidding about Lutens getting stomped
    (In case someone might have been offended)

Received most compliments from a once kind-of-girlfriend when using Old Spice -not even Cologne, but simple deodorant-. For long years not a close relationship, but now we work at the same place. Experimenting now with LV Musk, I'm waiting if she will make a remark
    Still Spice-Musk 1:0. As I'm getting 46, I must say that well after half-time

Canoe and Old Spice.

Banned
    Blog Entries

for the price: michael jordan legend and paris hilton man. both very long lating and not commonly worn!!

Solara Homme is a good one IMO.