Code of Conduct

Default Bogart Pour Homme

I finally was able to purchase a bottle of the newest Bogart scent for men. Granted I purchased this unsmelled...

The bottle is really nice and I guess pays homage to the classic One Man Show.

To me though the fragrance reminds me of Angel for women. Not has sweet but this has the heavy tobacco patchouli notes that Angel has. Yes this is a very heady strong scent that can make one queasy.

Default Re: Bogart Pour Homme

I started a thread on this one a few weeks ago to get some input as I was buying it blind.

VERY unique fragrance. While I can see the OMS DNA, this one is in a league by itself.

To my nose it is very masculine and classy. It was a very nice buy for me and, while I don't consider it an "everyday" scent, I'm glad I own it for the right time and place...though I have no idea what that would be...this is just a very unusual--but in a good way!--scent. And I agree, it's quite forceful so a lighter trigger is probably required.

Scentimus, which one are you referring to? The only Bogart Homme I am aware of, is the one I think Ballard is speaking about, which is the first - Bogart Homme, Signature? Not having checked the directory, is there a brand new one released?

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Scentimus, which one are you referring to? The only Bogart Homme I am aware of, is the one I think Ballard is speaking about, which is the first - Bogart Homme, Signature? Not having checked the directory, is there a brand new one released?
    This is the fragrance I am talking about.

This was launched last year I believe. *

Hmmm....there is some confusion here.

The one I am talking about, that I started a thread on, is called "Bogart" in the directory but looks exactly like the picture. It was released in the 70s.

There IS a Bogart PH released in 2004 but looks nothing like the picture you supplied, at least according to the directory.

Oh boy! Another Bogart to hunt down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Hmmm....there is some confusion here.

The one I am talking about, that I started a thread on, is called "Bogart" in the directory but looks exactly like the picture. It was released in the 70s.

There IS a Bogart PH released in 2004 but looks nothing like the picture you supplied, at least according to the directory.

Oh boy! Another Bogart to hunt down!

Yes this is the new one. I know of the one you were talking about I believe it has been discontinued a while back and now this is the new breed.

The scent is very powerful patchouli and amber tobacco scent. Again its very much like the down dry of angel for women minus the sweet notes.

Very powerful stuff.

guys, fantastic - I'm all over this... lol

Bogart is fantastic stuff..

Dunno for Angel for Womenn correspondence,
    but it is a very good cologne, and here's what I sniffed out of it.

The start is icy mint like that of another Bogart scent - "Force Majeure".
    The mid-point is soapy-woody-spicy in a mild way, - like thousand times tamed down Joop!
    And the base note is almost exactly that of Lapidus pour Homme, full of patchouli with honey and woods.

Glad it received the well deserved attention here at Basenotes.

Regards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

Finally sampled this today.
    Interesting scent.....I find a kind of incense note somewhere in the middle. The scent is quite heady (as one mentioned below), and it did get to me after a little while.
    THere is something in this that reminds me of a hair tonic a friend of mine used. He is from Delhi and I presume the tonic was from around there too.....the resemblance kept on coming to mind and I guess I just couldnt appreciate the scent so much for what it is.....I may need to play with it a little more to fully appreciate it.
    Having said that.....its entirely wearable....and unique enough to turn some heads....be careful though, as some of you guys mentioned it is quite heady and a little would go a long way.
    Love the bottle.
    Sarjeet

I read on escentual that Humphrey Bogart was the inspiration for the brand, and for Bogart Pour Homme and the newest one, Silver.

It's an interesting fragrance, maybe i'm making a confusion here but I smelt Anise in this one...

Speaking of Bogarts I recently found a lone mini of a Bogart called Bois de Vetiver at my local perfume shop. I quickly bought it and it smells great! Problem is I can't find any information at all about this. Anyone know anything about it?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

The start is icy mint like that of another Bogart scent - "Force Majeure".
    The mid-point is soapy-woody-spicy in a mild way, - like thousand times tamed down Joop!
    And the base note is almost exactly that of Lapidus pour Homme, full of patchouli with honey and woods.
    Sounds very nice, I love Lapidus PH (which is also produced by Jacques Bogart).
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Right now, Bogart PH is my no. 1 scent! It just smells so unique to me with its spices(at least I think they are)!

I finally was able to purchase a bottle of the newest Bogart scent for men.
    So, are you going to tell us where you were able to purchase it?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Saw this today for $14 but the lady wouldn't let me test it.....and with my only Bogart expeience being "One Man Show"
    I wasn't about to waste $14....but after reading about it....I think I may spring for this one tomorrow.