Code of Conduct

Default Dzing! and the Grand Canyon

Hello there Basenoters I've been lurking for some time around here and can't take it anymore, so I thought I'd relate a funny story to you guys about a trip I just took.

I don't want to bore you guys with all the details, but I just got back from a hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up. Which, by the way is brutal... but extremely fun nonetheless. I recommend it to anyone looking to get away and is into the outdoors. I digress, excuse me. Well, there's two ways you can get to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (excluding basejumping) and that is by foot or by mule. Actually, I'm going to back up a little before going on. The night before the hike down I went to dinner with my hiking partner and wore Dzing! My friend complimented the scent and thought it a unique cologne, definitely intriguing.

So, the next day rolls around and we get up at 5 in the morning and groggily head to the trail's starting point to begin the gruelling 7 mile hike down. The mighty sun rises, the air heats up, and our feet get-a-movin'... but, as we're hiking down my buddy, completely out of the blue, says somewhat accusatory, "Hey D ... why in the heck are you wearing that cologne? We're hiking." So I begin thinking to myself, "Hmm, that's odd I didn't put on anything this morning and took a shower. No, no, can't be me, but I, too, smell Dzing! Hmmm."

"Josh, I'm not wearing any cologne," says me.

"It sure smells like that same stuff you were wearing last night," says he.

Only then did I realize where the scent was coming from. And as much as it truly pains me to say this and to relate to you guys, it is too funny to pass up. Remember the two ways to get to the bottom of the Grand Canyon? One, foot. Two, mule. Well, let's just say that the combination of the dusty trail, hearty shrubberies, canyon walls, and ... ... ... mule dung... make a ringer of a scent for Dzing! I, myself, was duely impressed with the true likeness of the natural and free! Dzing! scent I was receiving. But don't get me wrong! I don't look at this as a slant on our Dzing!, but more like an attestment to the beauty and artistry that L'Artisan embodies; create fragrances that smell, remind and evoke far-away lands AND smell, remind and evoke far-away hybrid animalia!

Default Re: Dzing! and the Grand Canyon

Ahh, great to live life for moments like this, isn't it?

A few times I've seen Dzing! compared to Guerlain's Shalimar. I bet no one goes down the Grand Canyon mule trail and is reminded of Shalimar.

The time will come when I go down and up that trail. Thanks for the post, Motecozoma, and a sincere welcome to Basenotes. Dzing! is first rate stuff.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Some days ago I mentioned that one may find horse-sweat in Dzing! It cannot be really far from mule
    A really interesting scent which I wouldn't wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Some days ago I mentioned that one may find horse-sweat in Dzing! It cannot be really far from mule
    A really interesting scent which I wouldn't wear.
    I'm sure you've experienced the scent first hand, yes? If anyone's ever been to a farm then you can attest that Dzing! does in fact bring back the cliched "straw, circus-esque animalic" scent, but to be in the middle of the desert, on a hiking trail, in the Grand Canyon, well... that was the last place I'd think to find one of my favorite fragrances. Ha! *

Quote Originally Posted by DustB

A few times I've seen Dzing! compared to Guerlain's Shalimar. *I bet no one goes down the Grand Canyon mule trail and is reminded of Shalimar. *

--Chris
    Well, maybe not a mule trail, but.....

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1148245824

And welcome, Montecuzoma, to the board!

I guess it's lucky for you that mules are sterile

YOu might have attracted some "un-welcome" attention ;D

Dzing is something special

Awesome story -- thanks man!
    Peace ~ Markymark