Code of Conduct

Default Never thought I would shout "I Love Le Male".....

.....but finally I bought a bottle + deo stick + shower gel.

I have had it before though but it was in my early scent-days, but since I went "pro" I have refused to wear/own it but right now I admit that I cannot get enough of it - it is amazing and I cannot see it is possible to get tired of it ever! For the first time in many years I think I will wear the same scent several days in a row........

Do do you feel about this scent?

Oh, by the way: Have you tried any of the products in the "make-up" line?

And do you know how much these products are being sold?

Mic.

nearfantastica

Default Re: Never thought I would shout "I Love Le Male"..

Hey!

I am right there with you... as much as Le Male gets ripped to pieces on this thread.. I find it marvelous..and very recognizable.. has a distinct character that is missing in a lot of todays frags.

a.

I love it too, very different from others.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Initially I had problems with its sweet character... Now I really like its minty/earthy sweetness!

I will not even consider it, unless rebottled
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I like the bottle. It reminds me of a shirt I have.

I like Le Male, too, even though I don't have a bottle.

Speaking of, if I do get the job with BPI, I will be wearing this often (probably in the summer version, though. I found out that Gaultier2 won't be arriving at the store I'm applying for until the fall (it will be exclusive to Sephora, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus from June until September).
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I can`t say that the huge success of this fragrance didn`t bother me. But, I have never hated this.

IMO Le Male is a masterpiece. Not complex or natural at all, but just a perfect and weird blend of synthetic musks, vanilla and some herbaceus notes. It`s simply irresistible!

With the right amount of application, there`s hardly anything more appealing.

If you're looking for a less sweet "Le Male" - check out Javari by The Body Shop. IMO it's even better. Good for clubbing.

.... and Amorito by The Body Shop is very close to Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I adore Le Male and absolutely think its one of the most original and beautifully excentric things out there. I have always liked it but the associations that unfortunately follow it (here in Sweden at least) makes it impossible to wear. It suffers from what Fahrenheit suffered from in the early 90s here - very strong connection with hoodrats. Just smelling it unfortunately triggers very bad mental images with people, of cocky, troublemaking ghetto teenagers. This is a fact, have heard plenty of people confirm this. Sillage is of course stellar and obviously one of the reasons this demographic finds it so attractive. I feel very bad for this development, because if worn with moderation there is nothing tacky about it. Just a modern, avantgarde, typically french masterpiece of a fragrance.

MMM

But absolutely seconding Dr Creeds advice about Javari, a less costly Male copy with added black pepper and less lavender - strong as hell too.
    Also check out Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris, similar but with more warmth and extremely cheap - good stuff.
    These 2 options are significantly different, but with much of the ambiance that makes the Gaultier great.

mmm

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Also check out Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris, similar but with more warmth and extremely cheap - good stuff.
    These 2 options are significantly different, but with much of the ambiance that makes the Gaultier great.

mmm
    Cuba Gold seemed like a too dark vanilla copy of Le male to me... I thought It was too cloying and cheap smelling when I tested it... The minty and earthy notes aren't so present in this one and they do make a difference here!
    All in all, I think It's a good fragrance for the price...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    ... It suffers from what Fahrenheit suffered from in the early 90s here - very strong connection with hoodrats. Just smelling it unfortunately triggers very bad mental images with people, of cocky, troublemaking ghetto teenagers....
    Very true here in NYC as well - it's worn a lot in black and latino ghettos and by white trash, which completely ruined the scent's image. This alone is why I would not consider it, but I also happened to dislike its strong synthetic notes. Admittedly, the fragrance's lasting power is outstanding.

...it's worn a lot in black and latino ghettos and by white trash, which completely ruined the scent's image.
    I think some individuals would take offence to that. Are you implying that a scent's image is 'cheapened' by being associated with other ethnic groups? Hopefully, your statement just came out the wrong way. And even if you were refering strictly to class/social status, everyone has the right to wear a designer/niche scent and to make it part of their own identity (if they can afford to). Valuing a scent by how exclusive it is to white society and/or the well-to-do sounds quite fascist to me...

Trebor

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    If you're looking for a less sweet "Le Male" - check out Javari by The Body Shop. IMO it's even better. Good for clubbing.

.... and Amorito by The Body Shop is very close to Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique.
    I haven't tried LeMale, but if Javari is less sweet, then WOW.

I actually don't smell it all over the place (other than on my roommate)...I just plain don't like it. It cloys within seconds for me. Mint and vanilla and musk just don't sit well in my nose. At least not in Le Male's case. Maybe it's not the notes themselves, but the jumbled synthetic heap they were mixed as that bothers me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

"it's worn a lot in black and latino ghettos and by white trash, which completely ruined the scent's image. This alone is why I would not consider it"

I always find it funny when white trash go calling other people whitetrash.

Xilonic YOU are whitetrash. I would much rather have a black or latino in my race than trash like you. Us Black, Latino and White's all hate people like you.

I feel out of place as well when I walk through a mass of people wearing Cool Water.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    ...it's worn a lot in black and latino ghettos and by white trash, which completely ruined the scent's image.
    I think some individuals would take offence to that. Are you implying that a scent's image is 'cheapened' by being associated with other ethnic groups? Hopefully, your statement just came out the wrong way. And even if you were refering strictly to class/social status, everyone has the right to wear a designer/niche scent and to make it part of their own identity (if they can afford to). Valuing a scent by how exclusive it is to white society and/or the well-to-do sounds quite fascist to me...

Trebor
    1. Indeed I was referring to the social status, not race, education, age or any other criteria (that's why I place white trash in the same category as black ghettos). I have friends of several races and they are the living proof of my belief that neither skin color nor social background have anything to do with the personality.

2. Certain usage patterns create a public image. E.g.: Latino teenage clubs here in NYC are notorious for noise complaints from the neighboughs. This creates certain associations - any business wishing to open a new Latino club faces numerious roadblocks from the public without even being a source of a problem. Same goes for scents - heavy usage by certain communities creates an association with those groups.

3. Whether or not you care about that association if your own choice. It is not about exclusivity but rather your own perception of the common public image and how it affects yours. Does wearing a Rolex make a statement or is it just another watch with a lot of useful functions?

Indeed I was referring to the social status, not race, education, age or any other criteria (that's why I place white trash in the same category as black ghettos). I have friends of several races and they are the living proof of my belief that neither skin color nor social background have anything to do with the personality.
    Maybe if you just used the term 'ghetto', without connecting it to blacks and Latinos, it wouldn't have caused offence. I'm sure your 'friends of several races' can further enlighten you on the implications of using such a statement. And another thing: How come whites can only be 'trashy'? Don't some live in ghettos too?

It is not about exclusivity but rather your own perception of the common public image and how it affects yours.
    It shouldn't affect your perception, if you strive to remain as open-minded about things as possible (not always easy, but definitely worth the effort)...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_man
    "it's worn a lot in black and latino ghettos and by white trash, which completely ruined the scent's image. This alone is why I would not consider it"

I always find it funny when white trash go calling other people whitetrash.

Xilonic YOU are whitetrash. I would much rather have a black or latino in my race than trash like you. Us Black, Latino and White's all hate people like you.
    Re-read my follow up. If you still don't get it, re-read it again.

And try to be respectful of other's opinions no matter how you interpret it - this is a discussion forum and that's what democracy is all about.

xilonic

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    How come whites can only be 'trashy'? Don't some live in ghettos too?
    It was purely a linguistic choice of words. The term "white ghetto" is not commonly used, at least here in NYC, and "black trash" is non-existent. A search on Google can confirm that.

To those not involved and still reading this thread: I am sorry the discussion has be completely derailed off track.

I have to say it's one of my favorites. I smelled it for the first time only about a year ago... not sure how it had slipped under the radar, but I plan on making it one of my "staples" for years to come. To be honest, I am one of a few handful of guys that even wear cologne at work. In fact, I may be one of 2... 3 at most. "Nerds" don't seem to be much into the smell-goods thing, at least here in Houston.

As for it being associated with any given group or class... I can't say that I've ever even smelled this on someone here in Houston. Once I took a whiff from my wrist where I had sprayed it, I was hooked.

Regs,
    Jeff

I really like Le Male, though I rarely wear it.

In my area, it's not associated with any particular social group; in fact, I don't know anyone else who wears it. I find it to be very unusual but quite wearable; that "mint" sensation from it is definitely noticable. My fiancee has not expressed any great like or dislike for it, though.

I've never found it to be especially long-lasting on my skin, though. I think that could be an issue with my skin composition, or it could be that my nose gets "used" to it more quickly than other fragrances. (With many other scents, like A*Men or Rochas Man, though, my nose has no problem still smelling them hours later... thankfully.)

I actually made a point of tracking down the "atomizer-bulb" version of the bottle because it was so unusual, but unfortunately I now realize that was a bit of a mistake. Multiple times, I've had to soak the metal atomizer mechanism in water and un-clog it... What a pain. I think that nuisance alone is why I don't wear it as much - I mentally associate Le Male with the aggravation and hassle of unclogging it. I do keep a small decant of it as well, though, so I usually use that rather than worry about the bottle.

Badger 8-)
    (personally lacking the striped shirt or the, um, "build" of the bottle)