Code of Conduct

Default Opinions on Giorgio VIP and Giorgio For Men

Hi B'noters,

I've been mulling the purchase of Giorgio VIP, and Giorgio For Men and would like to hear some opinions on the two.
    I'd appreciate if you could also compare their scent pyramid with some of the other similar fragrances.
    Last (but not least), are they worth the purchase, or are there 'better' fragrances out there?

Thanks!

Default Re: Opinions on Giorgio VIP and Giorgio For Men

In the late 80's I was a big wear of Giorgio VIP Special Reserve. VIP is a much more stronger and header version of the original Giorgio for men ....like they needed a stronger one :-?

Giorgio is a pure power 80's scent deep strong chypre that is green and bold with spice and floral notes(actually contains gardinia thought you can detect it). Its a like it or don't like it type. If you dislike the sillage idea of Joop then I would not recommend this scent for you for it last all day and goes strong all day. Its very linear and does not change at all most close to it is Iquitos by Alain Delon.

Personally, I would not wear it now a days it just very dated and too strong what the hell was I thinking back then!

Thanks scentimus.

Generally speaking, I don't shy away from strong smelling stuff easily (hey, I still wear Givenchy Gentlemen!).
    Unless the juice contains lots of florals (like Iquitos' intense rose note), it's safe to say that I'd probably like it.
    In this case though I'll opt on the side of caution and try to get a decant first -- no sense in buying a bottle if it's just going to take up space.

I appreciate your thoughts on this...

MJH

I really enjoy Giorgio for Men but have never tried Giorgio VIP.
    Like Scentimus said, it's an 80's power scent, but I don't find the floral notes to be obvious at all.
    It actually reminds me most of a "less angular" Kouros: less aggressive, and it has the same quality
    (on my skin) that Kouros has of becoming surprisingly mellow after a few hours.
    I think the biggest issue may be the price: since they're both discontinued, they go for ridiculous
    amounts on eBay. I lucked out and found a BNIB 4 oz bottle at TJMaxx last year for about $25.
    My opinion: I'd be happy to pay full (retail) price for it, but I wouldn't pay the inflated prices that
    it's fetching on eBay.

$25 for a 4 oz bottle of anything is a real steal these days
    I'll keep this one on the back burner for now until I come across it at a more reasonable price.

Thanks MJH.

When applied correctly,sparingly,its a amazing fragrance...I just bought a 4 OZ bottle (NIB) off ebay for $160 and think thats a great price especially after seeing it go for $100 an ounce.

Like everyone says,you either love it or hate it,me,I love it....Not only do I like the way it smells and looks(the yellow and white box,the fluted bottle and the regal cap),it brings back memories of summer and the hamptons.

GBH is one of my all time favourites. It always made me feel good when I wore it and smelled great on others too.
    Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle is similar but I prefer GBH.
    I wish I could buy a nice fresh unopened bottle around here. :-[

Here is a bottle starting from cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIORGIO-BEVERL...QQcmdZViewItem

But what's *the meaning of the phrase:"I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME AS THIS ITEM IS ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE ?"
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante
    But what's *the meaning of the phrase:"I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME AS THIS ITEM IS ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE ?"

It should be obvious that that eBay seller is admittedly trying to protect himself from selling his GBH at such ridiculously low price with that disclaimer.
    He might also be in violation of the eBay rules. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if all eBay sellers could simply refuse to sell their products at the last minute due to their items being sold at "other" auctions.

I wouldn't waist my time with him.

Back in the 80s, I remember this coming out, and I was rejoicing because I for some strange reason loved the smell of the women's perfume, I thought it was different and captured the young upbeat sophistication of the 80s woman. So when the men's version was available, I was there in a heartbeat to test it. And yeah, kinda reminiscent of the womens version, but was a bold and spicy take on the womens scent, and for some reason I equated it with a sweeter version of Polo (Green), probably because of the patchouli note, but I thought it more refined compared to Polo.

I'm with scentimus wondering why VIP Reserve was created, you couldn't smell in-between the notes with Reserve!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!