Code of Conduct

Default Knize Ten v Royal English Leathers

I'm going pretty old-school with this one. A battle of mandarin-leather frags. For me it is tough to pick between the two. I already have Knize Ten and I'm thinking about Royal English Leather (once I get the dough) ... just wondering about what you guys think about these two. I also already have Pierre Cardin Centaures Cuir Fougere which is another leather with a mandarin note.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Default Re: Knize Ten v Royal English Leathers

havent tried Ten, but REL is the best leather amongst all the leather scents I have tried !
    -

No contest! REL reigns supreme.

Both are GREAT scents, but REL is more graceful while Ten is more audacious.
    My vote goes to REL as it not only reigns but also rules: it taught perfumery lessons to almost all the great leather scents!

I haven't tried either of them although I'm dying to.

I wish I could contribute to the poll other than "I dunno!"

I haven't tried Royal English Leather yet, but Knize Ten beats the pants off any leathery fragrance that has ever graced my nostrils. Knize Ten is one of my all-time favorite colognes.

I've tried them both and have to go for Knize Ten. REL gets too sharp and citrusy on my skin. Knize Ten remains smooth and leathery.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    I've tried them both and have to go for Knize Ten. *REL gets too sharp and citrusy on my skin. *Knize Ten remains smooth and leathery. *
    Interesting...i find Knize to be the sharper of the two. I love Knize, but my vote goes to REL, even though it could use more sillage. No man should go through life without experiencing the smooth, buttery leather of REL, imo.

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

My bad for not allowing the poll to be shown. Blame it on the LSD.

Right now it is K10 with 2 votes, REL with 7.

Keep on voting.
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I completely agree with Magnifiscent and knightowl. Ten has more of an edge, which I sometimes prefer, but REL manages to be supple and buttery-sweet without becoming cloying. Both are great, but I vote for REL. REL is one of the last bottles I would give up.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    [quote author=robyogi link=1148682087/0#6 date=1148689933]I've tried them both and have to go for Knize Ten. REL gets too sharp and citrusy on my skin. Knize Ten remains smooth and leathery.
    Interesting...i find Knize to be the sharper of the two. I love Knize, but my vote goes to REL, even though it could use more sillage. No man should go through life without experiencing the smooth, buttery leather of REL, imo.

KO
    [/quote]

I've suspected this is a skin chemistry issue with me. I keep trying it, looking for that smooth, buttery leather everyone writes about here, but on me, I just get a sharp lemony smell, almost like dishwashing detergent, over top a leathery accord. :-/ My loss I suppose!

Knize Ten is sharp at first, but smooths out very much as it dries on me. When I smell it, I get the image of the well-worn shiny brown leather of an old armchair.

I love Knize Ten. Other leathers I have, or simply tested, like Lang and Lutens not as strong and rather soft in comparison. I plan on SMN Peau d'Espagne next, and already the name 'royal' gives me the creeps, irrationa, l and yet that's why I haven't even tried that.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Actually it turned out to be practically a tie. Hmm. * :-/ Maybe I will wait until my Knize Ten is dwindled down. Thanks guys!
    K