Code of Conduct

Default Caron Pour un Homme

I like the original but what about the one with the Green juice? Does it smell the same as the original? Is it worth the buy or do any of you still prefer the original juice?

Default Re: Caron Pour un Homme

Hello! *Are you referring to the body fragrance? *I tried this at Harrods. *As it's alcohol free, they told it is designed to be worn all over your body without any of the drying effects of alcohol based fragrance. *I tested it and found it similar to the original, but stayed much closer, and less sillage. *I am contemplating buying this as I love PuH and would layer the two. *I am also waiting to get my hands on Impact Pour un Homme, the extrait version....I also use the deodorant. *I could really wear this fragrance for the rest of my days and be quite happy

Quote Originally Posted by denstyle
    Hello! *Are you referring to the body fragrance? *I tried this at Harrods. *As it's alcohol free, they told it is designed to be worn all over your body without any of the drying effects of alcohol based fragrance. *I tested it and found it similar to the original, but stayed much closer, and less sillage. *I am contemplating buying this as I love PuH and would layer the two. *I am also waiting to get my hands on Impact Pour un Homme, the extrait version....I also use the deodorant. *I could really wear this fragrance for the rest of my days and be quite happy
    Is impact a new caron for men? If so can you describe it? The green juice I was referring to is in a bottle just like th original. The only difference to the eye is the color of juice.

Impact is the extrait version of Caron pour un Homme. It's on the Caron website now I think.

As for the green version of it, as far as I know it's always been green. I have used it for many years and all the bottles that I have had, have contained green juice.

What colour is yours?.........so to speak........
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I have a sample of Impact, but to be honest , to me it's not that differend from the original one. I guess it evolves faster to the basenotes, the sweet vanilla, lavender ,"Play Doh"smell. I like the original Pour un Homme, but I'm not sure if I'd buy the Impact. It can get very cloying. Be sure you like the original before you buy the Impact version.

It will be released this year, but you can order it ( by phone) at the Caron Website. ( France, 01 42 68 25 68.)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    Impact is the extrait version of Caron pour un Homme. It's on the Caron website now I think.

As for the green version of it, as far as I know it's always been green. I have used it for many years and all the bottles that I have had, have contained green juice.

What colour is yours?.........so to speak........
    The first bottle I had was a lavender-blue color. Then I seen one with a bright green juice. Not being an xpert, I was just cuirous if there was any difference. I think saks has the green one. I will have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    I have a sample of Impact, but to be honest , to me it's not that differend from the original one. I guess it evolves faster to the basenotes, the sweet vanilla, lavender ,"Play Doh"smell. I like the original Pour un Homme, but I'm not sure if I'd buy the Impact. It can get very cloying. Be sure you like the original before you buy the Impact version.

It will be released this year, but you can order it ( by phone) at the Caron Website. ( France, 01 42 68 25 68.)
    Oh, the website ofcourse: http://www.parfums-caron.fr/UK/homepage2.html ;D

I have never seen one that colour before. Was it bought from a reputable dealer? I suppose that it could have been vintage and the colour had somehow got affected.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Ok, I see the green on the website but the one I saw in sake was somethingl like the color of mugler colonge. hmnnnnn

I've just had a look at my bottle and the juice is a very pale green colour. Was the one in Saks actually a tester or do you think that it might have been a factice?

Roja Dove

I've seen adn bought both the blue and the green. They were always exactly the same.

I just checked saks website. The picture used to be there but now it is gone. I am wondering if saks does not carry it anymore. I will call a saks tomorrow!

Serpent

I don't think the coloring used in Pour un Homme is very stable, especially in bright light. *I've seen older bottles at the wholesalers in the Los Angeles Garment District - out-of-box testers - and one can see a sort of rainbow of shades as the color changes from blue to green to brown. *It may just be indicative of the juice's age as the color deteriorates. *Blue colorations, being something not really common in nature, often tend to fade easily. *I don't think there is any difference in the formula. *Pour un Homme is the touchstone of men's scents.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    The Caron Boutique in Manhattan has been stocking Impact for at least three months. They will take phone orders and ship.

Jeff

There is also a limited edition PuH in a green bottle that is an alcohol free "body fragrance" as the SA in Harrod's told me.

Are you serious, I guess to each his own. I smelt Caron Pour Homme in the green plastic bottle, I think it smelled horrible! It smells cheap like a citrus cleaner. The price was cheap too, $25 for the big bottle.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Thanks for the link Eric! Yes, impact was the one I seen! How is the "extract" different from the original?

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    Are you serious, I guess to each his own. I smelt Caron Pour Homme in the green plastic bottle, I think it smelled horrible! It smells cheap like a citrus cleaner. The price was cheap too, $25 for the big bottle.
    I felt the same way as you when I got my bottle for $11. I thought it was disgusting, horrid, vile, and cheap-smelling and clunky. I loathed it. But, for some reason, I wore it a few times, and I love it. It's one of my absolute favorites, and I get a lot of compliments on it, too. It's just a strange scent quite different from what men who are accustomed to scents made in the last twenty, even fifty years are used to. But if you can stomach wearing it for a day or two, you might just find yourself coming to appreciate it. Maybe not, but perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    [quote author=abimanyu link=1139359958/15#15 date=1139490960]Are you serious, I guess to each his own. I smelt Caron Pour Homme in the green plastic bottle, I think it smelled horrible! It smells cheap like a citrus cleaner. The price was cheap too, $25 for the big bottle.
    I felt the same way as you when I got my bottle for $11. *I thought it was disgusting, horrid, vile, and cheap-smelling and clunky. *I loathed it. *But, for some reason, I wore it a few times, and I love it. *It's one of my absolute favorites, and I get a lot of compliments on it, too. *It's just a strange scent quite different from what men who are accustomed to scents made in the last twenty, even fifty years are used to. *But if you can stomach wearing it for a day or two, you might just find yourself coming to appreciate it. *Maybe not, but perhaps.[/quote]

Serpent's is my experience also, and I'm glad he beat me to posting.

When I first sniffed this it revolted me, and I wondered how anyone would want to smell so sick. About the fouth time I smelled it it turned to magic.
    Best,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

At first I wonder why someone would want to smell like play-doh but after sampling and resampling, it became very comforting to me. I went throught a bottle and for a while I did not feel like replacing it. Lately, my thought have been fixated on it but wondering if I should get the impact version? I will hold off awhile I think until I can obtain a sample. I will call saks today to see if they still carry it!

I found that, while I didn't hate PuH at first, I certainly didn't love it. I wore it a few times, and really began to appreciate it. But I have found this over again with Caron fragrances...you really need to live with it for it to show you its true glory.
    I can't actually imagine life with PuH now. I am glad that it doesn't smell like anything made in era of fresh, aquatic, fruity scents. Vive Caron!

The extract is the same strength as parfum, although it does seem to be quite a large bottle for perfume strength.

Roja Dove

Does anyone else think PuH smells like Red Vines? It makes me want some Mr. Pibb. (Mmm, crazy delicious!)
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

This is a classic scent, with one of the most splendid lavender
    openings in any scent. The challenge is in the powdery drydown.
    If it were less prominent this would be much more acceptable to
    modern males, in my opinion. Still, it has stood the test of time and
    I enjoy it now and then. This took courage to release with this much
    powderyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Pour un Homme is the touchstone of men's scents.
    Well isn't that the truth. I've found the variations in colour often present different images of the top notes to the heart/base of this fragrance. I have a few bottles, the lighter the juice, the more concentrated the base notes I've found.

I've purchased miniatures of Impact, and as much as this is a beautiful classic that smells wonderful I find it hard to wear because it exudes the well to do, distinguished gentleman, not at all contemporary and without room for practicality. I'm waiting for a charity social to attend in order to wear this one.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

About a year ago, I picked up a test bottle of Caron Pour un Homme EDT, sprayed it on my arm for the first time, and was immediately shocked and amazed at the result. *I believe I liked and appreciated Caron Pour un Homme EDT from the very first moment that spray hit my arm, and I have never stopped liking it and appreciating it. *Right from the beginning, I thought the fragrance was beautiful, but the problem was that it disappeared from my skin way too quickly, in about 15 - 20 minutes. *Sadly, I was resigned to admire Pour un Homme from afar.

Then, sometime around the end of last year, Caron introduced the perfume version of this great classic: *L'Impact de Pour un Homme. *The smell of L'Impact is very very close to the smell of the original Pour un Homme, but L'Impact easily lasts all day on my skin. *I enormously admire L'Impact de Pour un Homme, I wear it quite often, and I wear it everywhere. *It is one of my top favorites. *I love the tangy, almost sharp lavender in the opening, and I also love the smooth vanilla, musk, and amber accord in the drydown. *

I also wear and can heartily recommend the oil-based, alcohol free Caron Pour un Homme "Parfum Pour La Peau" (Body Perfume). *This one is also very similar to the smell of the original Pour un Homme EDT, and it too has a good deal of tenacity and longevity.

Caron L'Impact de Pour un Homme extrait and the oil-based Pour un Homme body perfume have a permanent place in my fragrance wardrobe, and I hope to never be without them. * *