Code of Conduct

Default Iris Silver Mist.

Very disenchanted with the releases this year...And I'm looking for a summery scent...
    I sniffed Iris Silver Mist ages ago and liked it a lot but I'm not sure it is suitable for really hot weather.Help

Default Re: Iris Silver Mist.

I'm kind of surprised this has gotten no replies yet. Though I love the house, ISM is one of my least favorite Lutens scents. For some reason it smells of lipstick on me, then gets a little sweeter, then the lipstick again. I recently tried a few iris scents against each other and this one came in last. I'm also not sure it's something I would wear in hot weather. There's something thick and heavy about it, even though it seems more streamlined than other Lutens.

Encens et Lavande and Gris Clair might be better Lutens options for summer wear.

For hot weather and iris, if you haven't already, I'd check out The Different Company's Bois d'Iris.

This is one I'm very curious about, but it doesn't really sound like it is hot when there has been so few replies... I will have to check out for myself though. Iris scents are my next thing to focus on.

I'm not sure about this frag for summer. Its the kind of frag that one maybe has a passion for and is so under the spell of that maybe it is worn wherever the opportunity to be hypnotised by it will allow.

It is deep deep cold like the cold of a hard clay earth in a frozen overcast winter landscape--Maybe a fleeting image might help one feel cold on a hot day but ISM is more cold like revenge...

Horses for Courses....

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    *For hot weather and iris, if you haven't already, I'd check out The Different Company's Bois d'Iris. *
    Here, here!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    This is one I'm very curious about, but it doesn't really sound like it is hot when there has been so few replies... I will have to check out for myself though. Iris scents are my next thing to focus on.
    If iris is what you're looking for, have you tried Acqua di Parma's Iris Nobile? I know they market it towards women, but it's not that much more feminine than Dior Homme or Lanvin Arpège pour Homme. They call it an "eau fraîche," which also suggests it would be suitable for summer.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    [quote author=shifts link=1148493360/0#2 date=1148549317]This is one I'm very curious about, but it doesn't really sound like it is hot when there has been so few replies... I will have to check out for myself though. Iris scents are my next thing to focus on.
    If iris is what you're looking for, have you tried Acqua di Parma's Iris Nobile? I know they market it towards women, but it's not that much more feminine than Dior Homme or Lanvin Arpège pour Homme. They call it an "eau fraîche," which also suggests it would be suitable for summer.[/quote]

No I haven't but it is on the list of iris fragrances I'm going to hunt down. The rest are:
    Hermès - Hiris
    Divine - L'Homme de Coeur
    MPG - Iris Blue Gris
    MPG - Fleur d'Iris
    Dior Homme
    Frederic Malle - Iris Poudre
    Santa Maria Novella - Iris
    Miller Harris - Terre d'Iris
    The Different Company - Bois d'Iris

Funnily enough I am wearing Iris Silver Mist on my left hand today. I'm not sure it is that much of a "summer fragrance", as some of you have already pointed out. It is rather a very very cold (I suppose "icy", even) winter fragrance, which might sound surprising, as we usually like a warm fragrance when the weather is bad, but this one is so unique, so special, so refined... It is really a gorgeous fragrance, a very aristocratic one, which hardly compares to anything else. But the standoffishness of it doesn't quite match the laid-back atmosphere I associate with summer.

And in fact, Encens & Lavande is a bit like that as well (I am ALSO wearing this one today, in my neck this time), and I am not sure at all I will wear it again in the forthcoming hot months...

If you are looking at a Serge Lutens fragrance, I cannot advise you enough to try Gris Clair..., or even better : Fleurs de Citronnier. That one is all about spring and summer !

You guys should try Divine's L'Homme De Cour ........This iris scent is very fresh, metalic, cool and with subtle fruit in the background. Its nothing short of amazing. I'm not big on iris as its ussually very powdery, but L'Homme De Cour is quite sparkly. Luca Turin has written great reviews on this scent. The only set back is that you can only get it from there website www.divine.fr

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent
    You guys should try Divine's L'Homme De Cour ........This iris scent is very fresh, metalic, cool and with subtle fruit in the background. Its nothing short of amazing. I'm not big on iris as its ussually very powdery, but L'Homme De Cour is quite sparkly. Luca Turin has written great reviews on this scent. The only set back is that you can only get it from there website www.divine.fr
    It's a great one for sure. I agree - crisp, almost metallic, clean, fresh, and just slightly sweet. It's a little dusty as well, sort of similar in that one regard to Bois d'Iris. I think you can get it at Lucky Scent as well.