Code of Conduct

Default YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE FRAGRANCE

In your collection.

Which one?

Default Re: YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE FRAGRANCE

Cerruti 1881

It would have to be aramis Bermuda Tonic. I was trying to find a great summer scent last year and found this stuff. I like the scent, but 15 minutes of wearing it and it just starts to make me nauseous.

That's a hard one, but I can narrow it down to two: Canoe and Aramis.

Canoe because it's linear and unsurprising

Aramis because it can be so overpowering

However, I do like each in it's own place and mood.

(I don't consider Drakkar Noir as being part of my wardrobe as I am actively seeking to get rid of it. To someone who won't wear it around me ever. )

All of the unwanted Estee Lauder scents that I have.

I got a gift set from a friend once with small (0.4-0.5 oz) bottles of Pleasures, Beyond Paradise, Lauder Men, and Intuition. None of them tripped my trigger. To be honest, they all suck, and I have the whole set up on the swap board.

I'll take anything in exchange for getting rid of these stinky monstrosities.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

If 'in my collection' means that 'the one which made me wonder what a stupid fellow I was' is the first Yohji in the tall glass. I fell in love with it in the shop, bought it immediately, and about the first time I used it, I felt deep sorrow and a need for soap to wash it off. I know lots of people love it, so did I

In my collection..?

YSL Pour Homme, I`ve had enough of you. Go away, and never come back.

In mine? Mont Blanc Presence. Blah, a nasty exhale of a scent. I wanted to like it because of its bottle (upside down bottle). I knew I wouldn't like it even, but when it appeared at Marshall's I thought it must have gotten better.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

In my Wardrobe? Hmmm...

I would have to say that out of the bottles I own, my least favorite is Dunhil Desire Red. It is not all that great. Second would be Xeryus Rouge for sure, just because I've gotten so used to it and it gets cloying and smells plastic like to me. I don't like that at all.

EnvYuS

HUGO
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Opium. If someone doesn't want to buy it for cheap or swap for it soon, someone may end up getting a whole bottle extra in a swap. Or maybe I should make it a promotional thing, like buy $50 worth of decants and get a free botlle of Opium!

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    In mine? Mont Blanc Presence. Blah, a nasty exhale of a scent. I wanted to like it because of its bottle (upside down bottle). I knew I wouldn't like it even, but when it appeared at Marshall's I thought it must have gotten better.
    --Chris
    word... It sucks.. ;D

Out of my collection, I hardly wear Platinum Egoiste. I want to like it because it's a Chanel, but it doesn't just doesn't do anything for me the way it used to.

Tef, I agree that Platinum Egoiste is booty. I don't get why it gets recommended so much around here! To me, the whole Chanel line for men from 1990 on is really questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    [quote author=DustB link=1148501260/0#7 date=1148505205]In mine? Mont Blanc Presence. Blah, a nasty exhale of a scent. I wanted to like it because of its bottle (upside down bottle). I knew I wouldn't like it even, but when it appeared at Marshall's I thought it must have gotten better.
    --Chris
    word... It sucks.. ;D[/quote]

The stuff used to make me ill. It was the only scent that's ever had that effect on me.

BUT even worse than Presence is (drumrolllllllllllllllllll...) M7!! For the exact same reason. Makes me uneasy/ill/I feel like I can't breath when it's on or near me. And it's too sweet. Bleck.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Route du Vétiver by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

This one is a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Out of my collection, I hardly wear Platinum Egoiste. I want to like it because it's a Chanel, but it doesn't just doesn't do anything for me the way it used to.
    I never for a moment had the idea of buying it. There is something in the dry-down which irritates me.

I'd have to dig it out. It's something an aquaintance gave me because I liked scents. It isn't that it's awful, it's just one of those linear designer frags that are so (putting on snobby scent-gourmet cloak) department store that it may as well be room freshener. Which is what I use it for when I run across it.

Xeryus. It does nothing for me.

Perry Ellis - I bought it blind. For 19 USD I guess I can't complain. I've never worn it even once. This one is currently my least favorite fragrance.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrgene
    Perry Ellis - I bought it blind. For 19 USD I guess I can't complain. I've never worn it even once. This one is currently my least favorite fragrance.
    haha, maybe you should try it first!

Thrax

Guerlain Vetiver.....smells like ass.

For me BVLGARI BLV. I get quesy each and every time I apply it. Funny thing is that I am sure that I must have smelled it on others before I received mine. Now even smelling it on others illicits the same reaction.

Dunno what it is...

I second Bulgari Blv. I had to have it last fall, but the magic is gone! Too much of the same for 8 hours tired me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent Circumstances
    Guerlain Vetiver.....smells like ass.
    That wouldn't really spoil it for me :-/
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I'm still a newb at all this, so haven't experienced many sense outside of my own wardrobe, but of mine I'd have to third (?) Bvlgari Blv. It's not that I hate it, but the magic is definitely gone. There are some days where I seem to zero onto a talcum powder note - which isn't bad in its conception but, just... not appealing. That said, I'm quite happy to be holding onto it for now.

many fragrances are

I gotta to say Burberry Weekend(Citrusy and Powdery to me), Aramis Life(Smells great on a magazine strip) but still wearable,YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentree gives me a headache
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I'll give it another shot:-) BTW I like your Jedi pic. You might like this one as welllhttp://www.pbase.com/rends/image/51970312
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    [quote author=Aubrgene link=1148501260/15#19 date=1148533213]Perry Ellis - *I bought it blind. *For 19 USD I guess I can't complain. *I've never worn it even once. *This one is currently my least favorite fragrance.
    haha, maybe you should try it first![/quote]
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Let's see, out of my current collection of bottles I would have to say it's close between L'inizio and Dolce Gabbana By. For the same reason. They are the absolute most feminine smelling masculine fragrances I have ever owned. One I received as a gift and the other I must have been incoherent the day I smelled it in the shop and thought I liked it.

The A*Men samples I bought off eBay after seeing it recommended on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overpowering and sickly

in my wardrobe the one i don't like is dolce e gabbana but it was just a present :-/ :-/

A night of binge drinking assured that I would always associate Bulgari with hangover. :-X I really like it still, but it makes me feel like I have a hangover as soon as I put it on. I've smelled a few scents on women that are almost identical.. One was from mac cosmetics, one was amore amore... maybe I will check those out as a possible substitute...
    24, San Francisco, California USA

In my collection Grey Flannel is one that I really have never liked (picked up a big bottle for $10 blind) or worn.

I bought Bulgari Blu after testing it a few times, but now I get overwhelmed by the sharp ginger note and just can't stand it.

--Steve

Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

A*Men

M7...just too much for me to wear...it smells like an old museum on me...

Aramis Havana and Boss in Motion...They're both on my swaplist...

Without a doubt i know I hate Floris Elite with a passion, what a gross herbal scent.

Ultraviolet, Halston (except Catalyst), Quorum, Polo (original) and Stetson, not to mention a host of other Jovan/Coty bilge. Most Avon, too.

Simply vomitus! eeewwww!....GROSS!!

Ohhhhh!.....The smell is making me sick! I must take a shower!.....right NOW!

*Feverishly running to the bathroom* *

S

Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme.
    I am not that young but this combination of grapefruit plus grapefruit plus grapefruit is one-dimentional and too <mature> for my taste.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Although I like everything in my collection, the one I'd say I like the least is B-Men
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

This may be weird, I hate Bandit, but I still sniff it just to be put off by its overbearingness.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Colours by Alexander Julian! It arrived in the post today, and all I want to do is put it in a wickerman and burn it! BLEURGH! Iris and flowers everywhere; it's like walking into a florists gone wrong, where all the flowers are really pungent and ming.

I'm going to sell it asap as I'm sure there's someone out there who can offer it a good home. That someone is NOT me though.

*scrubs his body clean with wire wool*

So dirty! So unclean! :'(

Right now it's Sung Homme. WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too old school!

It's like 1991 all over again...

I can't seem to sell it or swap it...