Code of Conduct

Default No collection is complete without The KING...

KOUROS!!! ;D

discuss... 8-)

Default Re: No collection is complete without The KING...

While I respect those who find this one attractive, I've not
    gotten the courage to give this a proper full-day wearing.
    I've sampled it on the wrist/arm more than once, but it's
    just too strange for me. Perhaps someday.......

My collection is incomplete, and I don't have Kouros, but just because a poodle is a dog doesn't mean that every dog is a poodle. *After writing that I realized that poodle is not a very Kourosesque K-9. *Oh well. *I hate to be a party pooper, but I've come to terms with Kouros and am actually on pretty neutral grounds with the guy at the moment. *I no longer dislike it, and in fact like it a bit but not enough to be part of that rowdy crowd that we know all too well. *Since it is cheap it may end up in my collection though. *Here is the best use for Kouros that I've come across so far: Rather than used like a regular cologne, when sprayed EXTREMELY lightly, Kouros helps achieve the effect that one's sweat/body odour smells of sweet manly power. *I would hesitate to use this like a regular cologne. *For some reason I'm tempted to get it from Target, just because I think it would be funny to buy cologne from Target and it would be a good excuse to pick this guy up. Haha I just re-read the end of my post and it sounds like I want to go to Target to pick up guys. Only if said guy(s) is riding high on his majestic white steed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    Rather than used like a regular cologne, when sprayed EXTREMELY lightly, Kouros helps achieve the effect that one's sweat/body odour smells of sweet manly power. I would hesitate to use this like a regular cologne.
    This guy may be onto something...

The king has surely been a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

i liked it when i was 15, but i am 33 now and i dont want to get laughed at ! ;D its like my wifee going out and wearing barbie EDT!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

The KING is right!

50,000,000 Kouros fans can't be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Markinlondon
    i liked it when i was 15, but i am 33 now and i dont want to get laughed at ! ;D * its like my wifee going out and wearing barbie EDT!
    I will be the first to say that it is absolute blasphemy to compare the ultimate in manliness to a little girl scent!

Well,
    MY KING is oud (agarwood) oil.
    So what?

It reminds me rude but still funny joke about psychoanalists (Freud school):
    - Yesterday I bought that red extra-super-ultra Ferrari Spyder 360, look over there!
    - Well, we both know what is it all about. Let`s just pull the pants off and measure...

Sorry, if it was not polite enough...
    Anyway,
    I do not think that we have too much psychoanalists here...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

You have it, or you don't.
    What else is there to say?

- use it to best advantage !
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Unfortunately, I am one of the few here who still does NOT get the appeal of Kouros.

To be honest, I only tried it once, though (but it was a proper full-day wearing). Any tips for warming up to the Great White Knight?

For now, my king is Angel Men.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Basenotes Plus

"50,000,000 Kouros fans can't be wrong! "

Yes, they can! And that may be too many zeroes. Maybe six too many.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Unfortunately, I am one of the few here who still does NOT get the appeal of Kouros.

To be honest, I only tried it once, though (but it was a proper full-day wearing). Any tips for warming up to the Great White Knight?

For now, my king is Angel Men.
    I think there are many of us around here. The main issue for me is that I just get none of the animalic stuff that people are always talking about. So, it was a HUGE disappointment the first time I tried it when all I got was a sanitary, clean smell. Once the disappointment of not getting anything animalic faded, I came to accept it for what it is on me, which is an incense and floral scent with a clean note running through the whole thing.

Interestingly, I thought I was nuts, or that my nose was broken. Then I read a post by Vicomte de K that said Kouros smelled clean on him. Then I was at Perfumania and asked the SA to spray a card with it. I asked her if she liked it, she said yes, very much. I asked her why she liked it - she said "it just smells really clean."

So, maybe I am not so nuts after all. Whether clean or animalic, I think the key is to spray far away from the body and let the spray disperse widely and lightly across the skin.

The Big K is my SOTD. Top three of all time and close to being my Holy Grail! Number one for just enough sillage and all day longevity.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    [quote author=MFfan310 link=1148539039/0#10 date=1148567203]Unfortunately, I am one of the few here who still does NOT get the appeal of Kouros....
    So, maybe I am not so nuts after all. Whether clean or animalic, I think the key is to spray far away from the body and let the spray disperse widely and lightly across the skin.
    No, you are not nuts! There is not one appeal only with great frags! Great frags are a lot more than sexy, seductive, poetic, confident...whatever. Depending on your personality (skin is overstated) you may notice some trace of a scent's character more than another. I wouldn't consider Kouros as particularly clean, but it definitely is not a 'dirty' scent as basenoters, only basenoters (!) charge it to be, jokingly some of them.
    Normally I refrain from joining the debate now within basenotes, its a hopeless cas. Kouros is one of the 100 greatest scents within my horizon. I wear it with joy and was fortunately poor enough at my early ages that I started on it as the mature city guy, for whom this was created (in Paris). It may not just be speculation that the cologne was inspired by one summer in Greece.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I was just given Kouros as a gift from my girlfriend. If I may, I'd like to copypaste in an anecdote I reported from a previous Kouros thread:

I tried Kouros the other day, for the first time. Jen was with me, and man did she like it. I bring this up not to cite yet another "female thumbs-up", but rather to make a more specific point: Jen, like myself in fact, likes subtle, well-behaved frags. No powerhouses, please.
    She gets nothing from Envy or Michael Kors; Visit is "way too strong"; thumbs down to Rochas Man and gourmands in general. She tends not to like frags with any note that could be deemed "abrasive", like Guerlain Vetiver or the clove in Herrera for Men. Her favorites are more along the lines of: L'Instant, Allure, Dior Homme, Dzing! and Bvlgari Aqua- smooth, soft-spoken.

Yet, when I tried Kouros, she was all about it. it wasn't one of those sniffs "yeah thats nice", but she actually liked it, eye-brows went up and all. Never in a million years did I think that the big, bad, brutal Kouros would be her cup of tea, but there you have it. Preferences be damned, something in this stuff just meshes with womens' sense of smell.

I quite liked it too, I might add.