Code of Conduct

Default DK Fuel - OMG!! Ridicilous lasting power!!

I`ve been testing this for the first time this evening, and I just can`t believe this. Lasting power seems to be almost a joke!

I recently received a mini-spray of this (0.25 FL.OZ.), so the good news to me are that I didn`t pay some serious cash out of it.

What a lovely aroma straight from the bottle: Pure suede, fruits, spices and hints of smoky tobacco. Very, very reminicient to Michael Kors, this is/was only smoother, gentle, and much more toned down. But the same notes are obviously there.

But wtf: after 45 minutes I can hardly smell anything! A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!

After this, it seems to me that I will be even happier with my bottle of Kors. Now there`s a great take on suede, fruits, spices and tobacco, and most importantly; with great complex development and great longevity.

Any comments? Does Fuel actually last on someone??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DK Fuel - OMG!! Ridicilous lasting power!!

I can't help you but I am glad you posted this, because I was close to pulling the trigger on 1/4 Oz as well. I know that it is highly thought of here but to shell out that much just for a sample of something that even if I love would be hard to find, seems foolish. Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

My skin usually gobbles up scents, but DK Men stays on me for several hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Either your juice is bad or your skin chemistry just eats it up, because Fuel lasts exceptionally long on me. That's saying a lot because most of my frags vanish within a few hours on my skin.

I have to concur with the above two posts. I don't believe there are many who have skin worse than mine at holding frags for a long time. I routinely spray the vast majority of my frags AT LEAST 20-25 times at time of application. But Fuel lasts a good 6 hours on me with as little as 8 spritzes. I have my "regular use" bottle + two "back up" bottles of Fuel and they all smell great and are very long lasting.

I don't know exactly how long ago Fuel was discontinued, but maybe those little mini spray samplers lose their potency over the years being in small quantities. Also, you can never tell how they've been stored over the years. Maybe exposed to heat and humidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I have to concur with the above two posts. I don't believe there are many who have skin worse than mine at holding frags for a long time. I routinely spray the vast majority of my frags AT LEAST 20-25 times at time of application. But Fuel lasts a good 6 hours on me with as little as 8 spritzes. I have my "regular use" bottle + two "back up" bottles of Fuel and they all smell great and are very long lasting.

I don't know exactly how long ago Fuel was discontinued, but maybe those little mini spray samplers lose their potency over the years being in small quantities. Also, you can never tell how they've been stored over the years. Maybe exposed to heat and humidity.
    No offense but I don't understand how anyone can put on 25 sprays of any cologne without it being insanely overpowering.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    [quote author=ziffy321 link=1148588747/0#4 date=1148604582]I have to concur with the above two posts. *I don't believe there are many who have skin worse than mine at holding frags for a long time. *I routinely spray the vast majority of my frags AT LEAST 20-25 times at time of application. *But Fuel lasts a good 6 hours on me with as little as 8 spritzes. I have my "regular use" bottle + two "back up" bottles of Fuel and they all smell great and are very long lasting.

I don't know exactly how long ago Fuel was discontinued, but maybe those little mini spray samplers lose their potency over the years being in small quantities. *Also, you can never tell how they've been stored over the years. *Maybe exposed to heat and humidity. *
    No offense but I don't understand how anyone can put on 25 sprays of any cologne without it being insanely overpowering. [/quote]

LOL ... none taken Adeel. Usually, 10 under my shirt 5 each on left and right cheek and 5 on my neck. I'm not talking about Geir or Cristobal. But my daytime scents like Gendarme, D'Orange Verte, Bois Farine, M7 Fresh, L'Instant, etc ... yeah ... it takes at least that to get even a decent amount of longevity with my skin. And I know for a sure I'm not overpowering anyone because the people I work with are absolutely the most brutally honest bunch of folks you'll ever meet. In fact, yesterday, I used 30+ sprays of Pal Zileri's Sartoriale and I couldn't smell a damn thing by lunchtime ... and neither could anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

I dare you to try 20 sprays of Kouros
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

ziffy321: I routinely spray the vast majority of my frags AT LEAST 20-25 times at time of application.
    I, hereby nominate ziffy321 as the new King of the Basenotes' Black Hole of Scents *... Sixcats, eat your heart out... LOL

Markc: ... but to shell out that much just for a sample of something that even if I love would be hard to find, seems foolish...

On the contrary, I wouldn't let the beauty of the world escape me, just because I may not be able to experience it again. I've stated this before:
    Imagine if a woman of your dreams was to offer herself to you for only one time. Would you dismiss that incredible opportunity because you weren't going to see her again?

Pigeon Murderer: ... I just can`t believe this. Lasting power seems to be almost a joke!
    DK Fuel happens to be one of the longer lasting fragrances in my possession.
    In order to remove the 'skin element' out of the equation, you may want to spray the inside of your jacket (1 spritz should suffice).
    If the juice is still good, you should be able to smell it upwards of 36 hours. That's exactly how I apply it on me.

It`s early morning hours here, and I`ve been testing this scent for the second time, and guys; result is still the same.

Weird thing, isn`t it? (but at the same time, I really can`t believe I would be that only one who finds this scent this short lasting)

Again, lovely stuff straight from the bottle (VERY suede-dish). And actually yesterday when I tried this for the first time, my thoughts after the initial application were, like "wau, welcome to my Top 10!" and "I have to get this stuff few more bottles right away!"

Yes, I was quite ready to make that order. (http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/details.cfm?id=7489)

It`s hard for me to believe that it was gone off, since the beginning is SO pleasant, SO well balanced, and overall SO classy.

But yeah, this morning it happend again: After one hour, all that I can smell is this ridicilously weak trace of that scent. And I really mean it`s weak: Not anykind of sillage left here. Zero sillage, and almost zero everything.

I have test quite many frags in my life, and I haven`t experienced anything like this before. Even Dzing! lasts looong time comparing to this!

Naturally, I`m just happy that I didn`t get me one of those big bottles by paing some sort of astrological amount of money...

Easily 5 stars for the scent, easily 1 star for the longevity.

Btw, this was my stuff:

ps. These skin issues are some weird things.

Well, it lasts hour or so on me - so I spray it for my pleasure at home only.
    Better to spray it onto fabric, like I always do with Dior Homme
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I routinely spray the vast majority of my frags AT LEAST 20-25 times at time of application.
    AH. MAH. GAHD.

hehe wow man.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    It`s early morning hours here, and I`ve been testing this scent for the second time, and guys; result is still the same.

Weird thing, isn`t it? (but at the same time, I really can`t believe I would be that only one who finds this scent this short lasting)

Again, lovely stuff straight from the bottle (VERY suede-dish). And actually yesterday when I tried this for the first time, my thoughts after the initial application were, like "wau, welcome to my Top 10!" and "I have to get this stuff few more bottles right away!"

Yes, I was quite ready to make that order. (http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/details.cfm?id=7489)

It`s hard for me to believe that it was gone off, since the beginning is SO pleasant, SO well balanced, and overall SO classy.

But yeah, this morning it happend again: After one hour, all that I can smell is this ridicilously weak trace of that scent. And I really mean it`s weak: Not anykind of sillage left here. Zero sillage, and almost zero everything.

I have test quite many frags in my life, and I haven`t experienced anything like this before. Even Dzing! lasts looong time comparing to this!

Naturally, I`m just happy that I didn`t get me one of those big bottles by paing some sort of astrological amount of money...

Btw, this was my stuff:

ps. These skin issues are some weird things.

I'm pretty sure that's not the same DK Fuel we are all familiar with. I think that's a newer version of DK Men that is unrelated to the original. The original smells of leather and tobacco and dried fruit with a hint of motor oil in the opening. Truly an amazing scent, and probably one of the most potent and long lasting in my collection. I've seen the scent you reference on ebay and I was always under the impression that it was a different formula.

I only have the 'Unleaded' version (not sure how it compares to the original, but from what is said above there seem to be similarities). For what it's worth, this easily lasts a full day (ie 8 to 10 hours) BUT when I first got it, it seemed to disappear on me. However, it would be 'reactivated' by movement, and others could smell it fine. I think it may be one of those fragrances that your mind 'tunes out' even though it's still there - at least until you get to know it a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    I dare you to try 20 sprays of Kouros *
    AZ- Please don't dare PM to do such a thing.

PM- I suspect you got a bum sample spray. I guess this is the risk you run with long-discontinued frags. The DK Fuel which I bought, and promptly fell wildly in love with, lasts and lasts and lasts. My only recent purchase with better lasting power is Gaultier2, which just about refuses to leave. I can smell DK Fuel pretty clearly The Morning After, so I'd place its longevity in the 18-hour range. Im pretty sure the sample you bought had gone off. Once I get some sample vials, Ill have to send you some from my bottle.

Agree with the Michael Kors comparison, but I find Kors much more chaotic and, dare I say, "sloppy". DK Fuel has a very polished feel to it IMO. Its one of the fragrances that has a very definite "texture" which is more unique than is notes. There is something "fumey" to its topnotes and something distinctly "resinous" to the basenotes, if that makes any sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baron
    [quote author=Pigeon Murderer link=1148588747/0#9 date=1148616538]It`s early morning hours here, and I`ve been testing this scent for the second time, and guys; result is still the same.

I have test quite many frags in my life, and I haven`t experienced anything like this before. Even Dzing! lasts looong time comparing to this! *

Btw, this was my stuff:

ps. These skin issues are some weird things. *

I'm pretty sure that's not the same DK Fuel we are all familiar with. I think that's a newer version of DK Men that is unrelated to the original. The original smells of leather and tobacco and dried fruit with a hint of motor oil in the opening. Truly an amazing scent, and probably one of the most potent and long lasting in my collection. I've seen the scent you reference on ebay and I was always under the impression that it was a different formula.[/quote]

no Im pretty sure thats what the samples look like, at least that's what the Unleaded samples I have look like.

For an idea of how Unleaded relate to Fuel, I think they have a similar relationship as M7 Fresh and the original M7: the former is very like the latter, just an octave or two up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post

For an idea of how Unleaded relate to Fuel, I think they have a similar relationship as M7 Fresh and the original M7: the former is very like the latter, just an octave or two up.
    I made a search before posting,then I found that this thread suits better to my thoughts .
    I own a bottle of Unleaded and now I received the above mentioned sample of Fuel (or DK Men).Well,they smell VERY similar in my opinion,probably there is no need to have them both.I have yet to fully wear the original Fuel and to rate its lasting power,because the longevity of Unleaded seems to be VERY poor...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I own both bottles and Unleaded does not last nearly as long as DK Fuel. Of course, DK Unleaded was advertised as a "bracing skin spray" and not an EDT or a Cologne, so I didn't expect it to last nearly as long as it's "brother."

And as always, I'll add that if I ever meet Donna Karan I'll strangle her for selling her cologne line to Estee Lauder, to which they promptly canceled the production of both of the above.
    Last edited by atrac; 24th December 2007 at 09:29 PM.