Code of Conduct

Default Baldessarini Del Mar - Hugo Boss

This one has been out for about a year. What are the impressions of it here?
    There is no Nose....

Default Re: Baldessarini Del Mar - Hugo Boss

Not bad...

It is nothing so special that I want to go buy it but I would not mind smelling like it or smelling it on others. It is too plain for me though. It is simple. Very aquatic/fresh. It gives a good clean impression but overall it is not one that I remember too well simple for its lack of originality boring smell.

It is the same old to me...

EnvYuS

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Not bad...

It is nothing so special that I want to go buy it but I would not mind smelling like it or smelling it on others. It is too plain for me though. It is simple. Very aquatic/fresh. It gives a good clean impression but overall it is not one that I remember too well simple for its lack of originality boring smell.

It is the same old to me...

EnvYuS
    Hmm...actually I thought it was mislabelled as an aquatic...After a short while, I found it very spice and a little sweet...Not very suitable for hot summerdays, but not bad for chilly summernights.
    It's also said to contain real ambergris

Huh, maybe I misslabeled it too. I see it as aquatic though. Maybe I'm wrong. I had to reply again to put that comment about real ambergris to rest. I am not positive but I am close to it, there is no real ambergris in this one. There is no way. I have not looked in the ingredients but it is so rare and amazingly expensive. This one would cost more and be way more exclusive if it contained such a prized note. You don't come across real ambergris every day and I think it is completely untruthful that there is the real thing in this one. This is all my opinion of course.

This is not an attack on you Keeg. I just get annoyed when companies lie about real notes that are actually synthetic. Sorry for the outburst and sorry to Keeg if I singled you out. I'm not saying anything about you... just about Hugo Boss and how I don't think they use the real thing.

EnvYuS

No harm taken

I have to admit I ,too, doubt it contains real ambergris.

The place I read it, was in a magazine published by our biggest fragrance-department, and it was in an article about Del Mar..At the end, it said: "DM contains ambergris, an exclusive and refined ingredient with largely sensual effect, used only in quality-scents"

Just found the article now, and have to say I doubt it's real even more now:P

I like Del Mar, it's not aquatic in my opinion. Subtle spiciness (cinnamon) blended with fresh scent. One could wear this to the office or on cool summer days/nights. Remains a little close to the skin in my opinion. Not entirely original, but better than most commercial scents.

It's a smooth, well blended, *and reasonably elegant juice.
    The*slightly sweet vanillic drydown remains precisely that, only slightly sweet. *Never taking center stage.
    Overall an interesting and uncommon frag.

But is it acquatic? *Well, *only if you're not looking for strong marine notes and only the temperature stays below 75 degrees.

What Del Mar is really about is another combatant in the tea wars.

It is perhaps unfortunate but *there is no category in perfumery entitled *" strange acquatic teas, " *even though there are *many nowadays.

This one 's *Earl Grey.

Cheers.

Mario 8-)
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

mario,. dont you find some similarities with the In motion notes ? i remember some strong similar notes in both, :

Quote Originally Posted by omniray
    mario,. dont you find some similarities with the In motion notes ? i remember some strong similar notes in both, :
    Not at all, IMO.
    BIM centers around vanillic, synthetic orange-notes, whilst Del Mar has more a spicy cake sweetness...