Code of Conduct

Default Agatha Brown (M/F) & Jean Pascal (M) Samples

Agatha Brown has kindly made her fragrances available to us. I can send out 1/2 dram samples of Conquest and Imperial Jade for $2 for one of each men's fragrances (the $2 is just to cover my costs - bottles, envelopes, shipping and PayPal fees). I can also send out her feminine fragrances (Agatha, Mystery of Agatha and Jade) for $2.50 for the set of 3. Should you want all 5 scents, the cost would be $3.50.

Vijay from Maison de Parfum has also shown his generousity toward our group by providing a bottle of Jean Pascal (from Columbia) to make samples available. I can ship a 1/2 dram sample for $1 or add $.50 to any of the Agatha sample sets.

Default Re: Agatha Brown Samples Available Again Male & Fe

I took Chuck up on his earlier offer similar to this one and am I glad I did ;D I just received my AB Conquest and Jade and they are stunning scents. The ladys at my office like them too :-*!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

There are plenty of samples still available.

I just got some samples of these wonderful juices from a fellow noter-Oh my...I am in love with these....I love you Agatha Brown...... :-* :-* :-* for making these incredible, spectacular, amazing, phenomenal, awe-inspiring, superb, glorious, kicking, off-de-hook, ace, striking, first-class, groovy, outrageous, top drawer scents....Big hugs for you when I go to Aruba..... I can tell you that they just moved to my top 10.....so so impressed...I cannot tell you the last time I was this esctactic over a frag...... ;D

Seasons best to you all,

Otto

Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

i like the male ones. pm'd you for the femme ones. thanks.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just got my samples from Setamp today. Thanks!!!

I haven't tried the female scents yet, but I do have Jade Emperor on one arm and Conquest on the other.

Jade Emperor: Almost cotton candy like. Not real cotton candy, mind you, but the kind of odor reminiscent of something that is cotton candy flavored. Oh, there's more complexity to this than that, but this is the overall effect I get.

Conquest: I liked this one, but thought it smelled a great deal like something else I was familiar with...I was smelling and smelling my arm trying to figure out what it was...then it hit me...Vera Wang for Men. Yup, this smells a lot like Wang. Oh, it's not nearly as cloying as I found Wang to be(which is why I ended up trading my bottle), but it is a pretty close approximation.

Thanks again Setamp!

Samples are still available. I am receiving many requests from members who have read the Basenotes and NST articles.

I ordered mine yesterday. Thanks Setamp for taking on this project without making a profit off of it. You deserve lots of good karma from this kind gesture.

Hi,

How much would the total cost be for all five samples sent to the UK, please?

Also, how big is 1/2 a dram?

Thank you,

Face

I advise everybody to try these fabulous scents. Incredibly well made.

Quote Originally Posted by seccho
    Conquest: *I liked this one, but thought it smelled a great deal like something else I was familiar with...I was smelling and smelling my arm trying to figure out what it was...then it hit me...Vera Wang for Men... *Thanks again Setamp! *
    I am finally getting a chance to wear Agatha Brown's Conquest for Men, from a sample received from Setamp some time ago (Setamp: many thanks once again!). Conquest also struck me as very familiar. It is very pleasing, somewhat sweet, and moderately spicy. Without a direct comparison, it seems very similar to Laguna Homme, Venezia Uomo, D&G's By Man, Gucci Envy, and even Must de Cartier Pour Homme; these are all in the general neighborhood and, since I have all of them, some direct comparisons will be done. Perhaps the bigger difference is that, as I understand it, Conquest is an EDP strength versus the others' EDT. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Jeff

Hmm, while looking at her site i saw a contradiction to what she said in the Basenotes interview. In the interview she said:

Since this fragrance along with all my fragrances are Eau de Parfum, 18% perfume oils, they are inclined to stay on until they are washed off. The men's fragrances really get rolling in about three to four hours and become more and more masculine as they dry down.
    But if you go to her website and look at the mens fragrances, they are actually eau de toilette...

Samples are back in stock!

Money sent, it just took me a few months ;D

Default Re: Agatha Brown (M/F) & Jean Pascal (M) Samples

Added Jean Pascal samples.

I still have samples of Pascal and all Agatha scents.

I thought I would bump this thread as there seems to be renewed interest in these scents recently.

Several people have asked if samples are still available. Yes! They are!

I really want to order a bottle of one of the Jades, but my problem is now that I don't know which one is which sine the writing has dissapeared from my little sample. Just my luck... I'm planning on sending my sample to the Agatha Brown company and they'll send me the appropriate bottle to me

From my memory the Emperor is the feminine (to my nose) smelling of the two Jades, even though that one is marketed towards men. I guess that is just about as subjective subscription as one can give. I guess I'll be back tomorrow and write down some note impressions to see if anyone can pick the two apart.
    Last edited by shifts; 13th August 2006 at 08:47 PM.

Shifts,

I don't know if the situation has changed but when I contacted Agatha about a year ago she told me she could not ship these items outside of USA because of HAZMAT regulations. That's ok if you've got someone in the USA to act as a go between for you but I just thought I'd mention it. Good luck.

Andy

imperial jade men and jean pascal are fantastic
    Mason's Law: It can always get better.
    Corollary: It can always get worse.
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Healer
    Shifts,

I don't know if the situation has changed but when I contacted Agatha about a year ago she told me she could not ship these items outside of USA because of HAZMAT regulations. That's ok if you've got someone in the USA to act as a go between for you but I just thought I'd mention it. Good luck.

Andy
    Oh man, that was the worst news ever! Well, thanks for letting me know. I hope I can get around that somehow.