Code of Conduct

Default Original  J. Bogart  (1975)

Hey guys,

For some reason, I`ve found this very intriguing sometimes in the past, and now it`s on my mind again.

Summer is raising here, and beautiful birch-trees have come alive with their rustling leafs...I love it.
    Now, this scent has (notable?) birch-wood note at the bottom, with Russian leather. Wau, sounds absolutely grrrreat!!

So yes, I haven`t smelled this ever, and now I`ve got blind purchase on my mind. Can you tell me anything about this, any comparisons etc.?

I know this is actually a Fougere scent, and I find that very tempting. My only Bogart experience at the moment is One Man Show, and that non-rich-dated-chypre I quite much hate. (especially the bottle, which is probably the most awful I`ve ever seen)

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

Default Re: Original  J. Bogart  (1975)

I've tried Bogart Pour Homme (the new one) and it smells pretty decent. One man show is quite strong and makes itself known anywhere. I'm not sure how different the old Bogart fragrance is from the new one though.

I have that original Bogart 100ml bottle. The box has picture of fountain pen nib on it. I got familiar with it in second half of eighties and like it very much. Recently I bought it again. This scent is quite different from One Man Show (another my favorite). The later is sweet to some degree and former is not at all. I am not good in describing scents as most of you guys, but would say it is quite grassy and green one, like well known Quorum from Antonio Puig, but with it’s own distinction. I consider it as rather strong smell with good longetivity and not cloying at all.

Pigeon Murderer, if you wish just PM me I will send you the sample. I do not have any vials or decants for perfume yet, but I can use my other vials I use for inks exchange with other people.

Default Re: Original *J. Bogart *(1975)

but I can use my other vials I use for inks exchange with other people.
    Inks! What is this about?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Dcampen,
    I have another obsession, even more than perfumes. It is fountain pens and inks. There are a lot of different inks, and similar to perfumes, people want to try before buying a whole bottle. There is similar system like scent swap—ink exchange on Fountain Pen Network.

Anyone likes (or at least know) fountain pens here?

Quote Originally Posted by yuri
    Dcampen,
    I have another obsession, even more than perfumes. It is fountain pens and inks. There are a lot of different inks, and similar to perfumes, people want to try before buying a whole bottle. There is similar system like scent swap—ink exchange on Fountain Pen Network.

Anyone likes (or at least know) fountain pens here?
    Hehe, Hi Yuri
    -
    I've got a Waterman Hemisphere, a Sheaffer and a Pelikan Euro (for now) - Someday, plan on getting a Pelikan Pharo and a Cross (all fountains). Yep, I like fountains as well. I've got Lamy, Sheaffer and Waterman ink too. I use black generally. Fountain pens are expensive though . I got the pen bug from a friend, who has a huge collection, including Mont blancs and such.

Default Re: Original *J. Bogart *(1975)

I have a couple of Parker 75 Sterling Silver fountain pens that I bought 30-35 years ago. I persisted in writing with a fountain pen for a long time but now, with PCs, I do so little writing that I have finally given in to ballpoint pens - still Parker 75s in Sterling Silver though.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.