Code of Conduct

Thread: Carnal Flower

Default Carnal Flower

I got a package in the mail today from paris, and that ment one thing... editions de parfums had sent me the samples i requested. I had already received biggard concentree, vetiver extrornidare, ASLP, and Musc Ravengur at a different adress, today I received Carnal Flower and Noir Epices. NE smelled very old and musty, I didn't like it much, it was sort of soft and feminie. I'll need to give it more time... I thought I hated Arabie only to later love it...

...anyways... after I got back from the gym I sprayed on some Carnal Flower. This is exactly the scent I've been looking for. It's very unisex, which suprised me, I figured with the supposedly high pecentage of Tuberose it would be feminine, but thats not the case. It's very fresh and potent, and it's the closest the scent of real flowers Ive ever smelled. It smells like a bright spring day. very uplifting. It lasted many hours on my skin, and even after washing my wrist several times I can still smell it rather strongly. This will defenitly be my next purchase. Anyone else out there love Carnal Flower?

Default Re: Carnal Flower

After testing it, I've had exactly the same impression you had, RTbar!
    Expecting a very sweet and girlish scent, I was myself surprised about CF being earthy and dry. I also experienced how it literally melts with the skin and stays, though faintly, also after a shower! So, I can figure out how high the tuberose absolute extract percentage can be in it and that can justify (at least partially) the astronomically high price. Very elegant juice that I see myself wearing with chic clothes.

Another big fan here. Its one of the most beautiful fragrances i have ever smelled! I almost hate using the word 'beautiful' regarding a totally unisex fragrance, but that is really the only accurate term there is to describe it.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Another HUGE fan of CF here, this scent is the absolute best floral to ever be created, very wearable by anyone that wants to smell tuberose in all it's glory. The lasting power and concentration make this a true gem. And love that juicy fruit heart note......Very unisex, not heavy or cloying at all. Can be worn in the winter, but it also works extremely well in hot climates. I own a big bottle, and will buy another one as soon as this one runs out.
    Although the price is a lil steep, the 25% concentration makes this a parfum, and a real deal.

How do you request their samples?

This sounds quite nice. I do have a question...has anyone noticed that the concentration on the label on the Barneys site says 12% and the one on the Malle site says 25%...are there 2 versions?...

Regards,
    Steve

I love the fruityness of CF, I think that's what makes it more interesting than most florals. While I prefer it on my gf than me, I wouldn't disagree with it being used by males as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sjas1962
    This sounds quite nice. I do have a question...has anyone noticed that the concentration on the label on the Barneys site says 12% and the one on the Malle site says 25%...are there 2 versions?...

Regards,
    Steve
    i just checked that out for myself and your right it does say that...hmm

Quote Originally Posted by xilonic
    How do you request their samples?
    go to editionsdeparfums.com . go to contact us and email them.

ABSOLUTELY stunning floral.. completely suitable for a man and YES it is just BEAUTIFUL!
    I very recently attended a friend's wedding in Bali and on the wedding night they had the most gorgeous strings of tuberose flowers making up scented curtains in the courtyard (ok, they're a rich family) and I was immediately transported into an evening dream walking along a secret seaside path bordered by heavenly hedges and thought of how Carnal Flower is so life-like but also MORE than life (I was wearing Une Rose by the way)... CF is a single floral yes but intensified and clarified in a thoroughly modern solar/eucalyptus way.
    Both Une Rose and Carnal Flower are 25% perfume oil by volume.
    That puts both squarely in Eau de Parfum going into Perfume concentration.
    Expensive... but NOTHING like either out there in the perfume world.
    And BOTH last and last....

Quote Originally Posted by zenman7
    ABSOLUTELY stunning floral.. completely suitable for a man and YES it is just BEAUTIFUL!
    I very recently attended a friend's wedding in Bali and on the wedding night they had the most gorgeous strings of tuberose flowers making up scented curtains in the courtyard (ok, they're a rich family) and I was immediately transported into an evening dream walking along a secret seaside path bordered by heavenly hedges and thought of how Carnal Flower is so life-like but also MORE than life (I was wearing Une Rose by the way)... CF is a flower intensified but in a modern solar/eucalyptus/ clarified way.
    Both Une Rose and Carnal Flower are 25% perfume oil by volume.
    That puts both squarely in Eau de Parfum going into Perfume concentration.
    Expensive... but NOTHING like either out there in the perfume world.
    which do you prefer, une rose or carnal flower?

Honestly, I'm more an Une Rose kinda guy.
    I love it- it is dark, intense & passionate and yet has a stillness and poise in it, which to me can come only from the special laboratory extract of Turkish Rose used by Edouard Flechier intermingling with all the various earthy, woody and slightly animale components.
    Une Rose has its haughtiness and calm justaposed against the slightest hint of play, sex and sweetness but stays very much in the cool shade from which it blooms powerfully, moodily and majestically.. much in keeping with my love of melancholy and deep music although it never gets maudlin.
    Carnal Flower is solar, green, bursting with life and very very clean smelling (which is the biggest surprise given the amount of Tuberose extract in it)...
    BOTH fragrances spell out class, pedigree and incredible balance.
    BOTH have convinced me that powerful florals can be worn by men.
    BOTH are surprisingly modern.
    Carnal Flower is the fragrance I wear when I want to step outside myself

This thread certainly intrigues me.
    I've recently discovered Goutal's "Songes". I got a sample during Neiman Marcus's Scent Event!
    Anyway I was blown away with it. It is supposed to evoke the smell of Plumeria (Frangipani) and darn tootin' it does. Under the upfront REAL flower smell is a wonderful darker incense which I think makes the EdT perfectly wearable by either sex.
    Any chance any of you Carnal Flower lovers have smelled Songes and can compare and contrast them for me?
    I've already gotten one set of samples from FM (love Une Rose too!) so I guess I better come up with an alternative address and get some more sent to it. ;D
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Maybe I did not give it enough time, maybe I shouldn't have smelled of Peau d'Espagne myself, when I tested Carnal Flower. That one I gladly leave to the ladies! I make any allowance for florals, as long as 'carnal rose' is in the bouquet. Even better: a dark, unblended rose. And Malle does that one extremely well also!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

CARNAL FLOWER- I couldn't go back to the States without buying the bottle. I went back to the FM boutique at Rue de Grenelle a second time so I can have this fragrance. It tops my wardrobe and is #1 in my top 15 list. Yes, this tuberose composition is truly magnificent and the longevity factor makes this scent even more special and worth every penny. Just like you, I had to try it on first before I made the investment ( the most expensive ) in the Frederic Malle line. I'd say go for it and enjoy this gem
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Wow, this sounds amazing. I guess it might be the summer but all I want now are florals (oh and I found a store selling Agent Provocateur in my town so on friday I'm getting myself a full bottle)! Frederic Malle offers three I just HAVE to sample as fast as possible before the summer starts for real: En Passant, Une Rose and now Carnal Flower as well... OMG, this is going to be great! ;D