Code of Conduct

Default rive gauche My GOSH!!

rive gauche My GOSH!! After all the posts on here, whilst on my lunch break travels in london, i spotted a bottle in Harrods and bought it! on the way back to work i put on 2 sprays to the neck, smells like metallic sandalewood to me but hey! i want my neck bitten too! ;D

Anyway, in work it nearly suffocated people! they all liked it, but blimey is it strong! it is 3 days later and i can still smell it, even on a shirt that was washed at 90 degs! I bought it with the shower gell which i am scared to use!

U guys that are the Rive users, how much are you using? just 1 squirt? this is serious juice, i like it but dont want to start a chemical warning in the city. I may even try 1 squirt on my foot, then put my sock on then 20 hole doc martin lace ups! ;D but i dont want my toes bitten! (maybe just a little on my belt buckle is an idea??)

Seriously though how much do you use? and where?

cheers
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Default Re: rive gauche My GOSH!!

I have to use atleast 6 sprays to get good sillage and to smell it my self, I don't find it that strong as people keep saying.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Two cautious squirts to the neck are plenty for me.

One shot to the chest. Never more than two. This stuff is pretty good in the sillage department. Sometimes you can sniff the spot where you sprayed it and think it's weak, but everyone around you can definitely smell it.

This is one of those scents that are EASILY activated by body heat, so use utmost caution when putting full sprays on the exposed skin and pulse points- especially the neck. I wore it to a bookstore the other night, it was rainy and I just used one spray but i sprayed it on my neck and it was a bit too much for a bookstore--just right for a club though.

Ideally, the bare chest, under the shirt is the best place to wear Rive Gauche.

I'm astonished!
    As Incedal, I have to spray a lot to smell it myself... And people around me don't smell it either...
    My girlfriend, for example, could hardly smell it on me (and I had put my usual 5 sprays)
    Maybe it's the hot and humid weather... :-?
    I wonder how you'd feel like if you had worn Azzaro pour homme...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    One shot to the chest. *Never more than two. *This stuff is pretty good in the sillage department. *Sometimes you can sniff the spot where you sprayed it and think it's weak, but everyone around you can definitely smell it. *

This is one of those scents that are EASILY activated by body heat, so use utmost caution when putting full sprays on the exposed skin and pulse points- especially the neck. *I wore it to a bookstore the other night, it was rainy and *I just used one spray but i sprayed it on my neck and it was a bit too much for a bookstore--just right for a club though. *

Ideally, the bare chest, under the shirt is the best place to wear Rive Gauche.
    ^ what Indie said.

I often find that the neck is a tricky place to wear a frag, particularly a new one, because its right under your nostrils. This makes you percieve it as far more present and strong than anybody else, cand it can easily get overpowering. i rememebr someone complaining about geir once, turned out he was wearing Three sprays to the throat. Good Golly!

7-8 direct sprays for me in fact, that's exactly what I did this morning. And no, I don't reek of it...................I think :-?.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

After I finishing up a bottle of Gai Mattiolo Uomo and Swiss Army, I went back to RG Pour Homme for week days and save my Roma for Saturdays at the office.

I sprayed four sprays at the office, two on my arms and two on my neck. And resprayed 3 hours later. Love the smell of it on my shirt
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I normally wear 1 shot to the Chest, and it is enough - especially for an enclosed environment. I once wore 2 shots to the chest under a shirt, and that shirt still smells of it. I'll have to wash it again someday...hm I wonder where that shirt is anyways.... But I think I'm good with 1 shot to the chest under normal circumstances. Maybe going out at night would warrent 2 shots.

4-5 shots equals nuclear sillage all day on me.
    MMM

I often find that the neck is a tricky place to wear a frag, particularly a new one, because its right under your nostrils.
    Really, I don't know where people get the idea that men should apply fragrance to their neck.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.