Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A new day is dawning...

Today, when I was inside L.S. Ayres (soon to be Macy's), the SAs and models congratulated me for knowing so much about fragrances. They all offered me a job as a fragrance model, and I can choose between two companies to model for. 8-)

One company I could model for is Lancaster/Coty. Their smells are for Davidoff, Calvin Klein, Sarah Jessica Parker, Vera Wang, Nautica, and soon Desperate Housewives). They need extra models now after they bought the CK/Nautica/Vera Wang scents from Unilever.

The other company is Beaute Prestige International USA (owned by Shiseido). As we all know, their brands are Issey Miyake, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Varvatos, and Zirh men's skincare. In this case, the model for them (who both I and my Dad know well) is having major surgery in June (just when Gaultier2 launches in the US, oddly enough) and needs a new model ASAP for at least 5 months.

I'll be taking my resume to Ayres tomorrow so I can apply for the job with BPI, as Lancaster's products are like plain vanilla ice cream to me (especially the celebuscents).

And yes, I will mention Basenotes by name in my resume. ;D
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Default Re: A new day is dawning...

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    Congrats!

Hell yeah. ;D

Congrats! Good luck

Congratz man!! Thats awesome!!!

What a nice way to earn a living.Hope you enjoy your new job 8-)

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

ahhh very cool ... and just in time for the gaultier2 launch? must be destiny!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! So now that you will be on the "inside", what is the official JPG2 release date?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Congratulations! So now that you will be on the "inside", what is the official JPG2 release date?
    The USA national release of Gaultier2 will be in early June (probably on the first weekend)... just in time for Father's Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    [quote author=stuigi link=1147495447/0#7 date=1147527391]Congratulations! So now that you will be on the "inside", what is the official JPG2 release date?
    The USA national release of Gaultier2 will be in early June (probably on the first weekend)... just in time for Father's Day![/quote]

ohh, is this the offical release date for the USA, or exclusively to Macy*s?

Post Thanks / Like

Is a fragrance model the same as a demonstrator who pounces on people and sprays them like crazy?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    Is a fragrance model the same as a demonstrator who pounces on people and sprays them like crazy?
    That is soo funny! My last visit to the mall, all these women were all up in my personal space with desperation in there eyes that turned to disapointment when I shrugged them away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    [quote author=MFfan310 link=1147495447/0#8 date=1147527727][quote author=stuigi link=1147495447/0#7 date=1147527391]Congratulations! So now that you will be on the "inside", what is the official JPG2 release date?
    The USA national release of Gaultier2 will be in early June (probably on the first weekend)... just in time for Father's Day![/quote]

ohh, is this the offical release date for the USA, or exclusively to Macy*s?[/quote]

It's the official date for Sephora, Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, and selected Macy's stores. Not sure about Nordstrom or Saks.

And yes, a fragrance model is the one who spritzes smelling strips and hands them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    yes, and then recommends something which isn't even close to what you were looking for because it's in the range of products they're trying to dump. *

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha

That is soo funny! My last visit to the mall, all these women were all up in my personal space with desperation in there eyes that turned to disapointment when I shrugged them away.
    I thought so. I can't understand why society these days has to change the name of a job title just to make it sound better. :
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

You DO know that as you got the job from learning from this website, I am entitled to 10% of your earnings?

Just kidding! Seriously - good luck - it will be an eye opener!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats MF!! Todya begins the Basenotes infiltartion of the industry (though we do already have a couple of embedded Bnoters...)

To spreading GOOD advice to the masses!
    Long Live the New Flesh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the interview should be coming up soon... either this week or next.

Now that I've been cheering about the job part, I'd like to give you a business perspective.

Around here, it's a very competitive race for sales. The race isn't even close in women's, as Angel outsells the next-best-selling scent (Euphoria) by an over 3-to-1 margin. Of course, this leaves plenty of room for growth for JPG Classique and L'eau d'Issey.

In men's, it's a five-fisted race between Acqua di Gio, Polo Black, Armani Code, Chrome, and Angel Men. In other words, the aquatics and orientals seem to do well here, so it should be a walk in the park to increase sales of Le Male and L'eau d'Issey PH.

What about Gaultier to the Power of Two, you might ask? Of course, the Gaultier2 US market launch will be big; so, there will be TV and print ads, scented impressions in major magazines (you know, those smelling strips), and massive in-store advertising and sampling. Personally, I'd like to see this launch be as successful (if not more) than Unforgivable was at Lauder. For that matter, so does BPI, Federated (Macy's/Bloomingdale's), Sephora, and Neiman Marcus.

I'll keep you posted.

Congrats...... Welcome to the club...... I work in the business also..... Have fun.
    Gary

Awesome bro! Congrats!
    Peace ~ Markymark