Code of Conduct

Thread: Black Jeans

Default Black Jeans

I'm a bit intrigued by this one, any thoughts?

Default Re: Black Jeans

I think I'm secretly in love with this and wishes this will become my signature scent.

It fits my personality, gloomy yet sweet.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

Are talking about Versace BJ, Roccobarocco BJ, or perhaps Black Jeans of Levi Strauss??

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    Are talking about Versace BJ, Roccobarocco BJ, or perhaps Black Jeans of Levi Strauss??

Well I was talking about Versace BJ...
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    3) Guerlain Vetiver

Black Jeans is one of the best. It gets alot of compliments and is very unique.

Can you describe it? Someone on this board has likened it to Rive Gauche... Of course, that has sparked my interest! 8-)

Yeah, I was talking about the Versace. Like the almighty Rive Gauche?!?! Well this I have to get then, as it's discontinued and it seems someone will be happy to take it off my hands. Thanks guys, I'll let you know what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean
    Can you describe it? Someone on this board has likened it to Rive Gauche... Of course, that has sparked my interest! *8-)
    It is absolutely nothing, zero, nada, niente like Rive Gauche.

Black Jeans is an intriguing woody spicy scent that always makes my ladyfriend sneeze.
    Rive Gauche is a scent I have a very hard time detecting unless I put a lot on.
    Renato

Woah, I'm going to agree with Renato! I think RG and Black Jeans are nothing alike, except maybe as Indie said on another thread about this very topic, they share a certain "aura" or mystique, something like that.

I find Black Jeans to be sharp and herbal (think kitchen herbs - like rosemary - in the topnotes), drying down to a woodsy, slightly spicy, but still more rustic or herbaceous scent, still "raw" and sharp to my nose.

RG - smooth woods and spices with a slick, clean dry-down.

Ok, so I just picked up Black Jeans for 20 bucks. And I definately agree, that while I can see the same "aura" around them, Black Jeans and Rive Gauche are not alike. This is an interesting fragrance for me, while I don't really like the smell all that much, it intrigues me, and I want to keep smelling it. The only other fragrance to do this to me is M7. This scent shall become my rock star cologne I think, as it smells kinda dark to me.

IMHO ... Black Jeans makes up for the absolutely horrid rest of the "Jeans" line ...

Just my 2 cents ...

I can't seem to find it anywhere here in Europe? Isn't it supposed to be discontinued?

It's been discontinued, maybe eBay will help.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    3) Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by stevef
    Ok, so I just picked up Black Jeans for 20 bucks. And I definately agree, that while I can see the same "aura" around them, Black Jeans and Rive Gauche are not alike. This is an interesting fragrance for me, while I don't really like the smell all that much, it intrigues me, and I want to keep smelling it. The only other fragrance to do this to me is M7. This scent shall become my rock star cologne I think, as it smells kinda dark to me.
    It had the same effect on me.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    IMHO ... Black Jeans makes up for the absolutely horrid rest of the "Jeans" line ...

Just my 2 cents ...
    Agree. Black Jeans is the most unique and interesting Versace scent.
    -

Whenever I first tried Versace's Black Jeans, I found it kind of boring. It smelled to me like a dry mixture of old spices and cardboard. Still enjoyable, but just kind of "here it is," without a very significant lasting time on my skin.

For reasons I don't remember, I picked it to wear on the first date with my last ex-girlfriend, and over the course of our relationship, while she definitely liked other scents, Black Jeans was always her favourite. I could never really understand why, because I was never really that thrilled by it.

Strangely, my fiancee, Lanna, prefers Versace's Blue Jeans on me to anything else. I can wear almost anything from my fragrance collection, and she'll say something like, "I like it, but it's no Blue Jeans."

Frankly, I prefer Blue Jeans over Black Jeans, but I've had instances in the distant past when my skin reacted badly to the Blue Jeans and radiated some sort of funk that smelled like rotting squash. Luckily, that has not happened in the last year and a half or so.

In conclusion, I hope you enjoy the Black Jeans. It is not a bad fragrance at all!

Badger 8-)