Code of Conduct

Default Anyone Been to a Thierry Mugler Event?

Hey Guys,

I got a handwritten note in the mail from Nordstrom. This Saturday, they're having a special in-store Thierry Mugler event, called "Sensory Voyage" or something. I have to call and make a reservation and it costs $10 (but the $10 is redeemable for TM products). There is going to be a guest speaker and refreshments.

I'm thinking of going to this. I'm sure they have this in other cities- has anybody gone to one of these events? I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to be embarrassed to be seen there, with all the ladies and what-not... (well, I can't help it- it's TRUE!) But it might be cool, because they're giving away a bunch of free goodies. So I'm probably going to go, but I just wondered what to expect. Outside of Basenoters, what kind of people would GO to an event like this. Maybe I'll be the only person!

Indie

PS-I'm definitely going to ask some of the people if they've heard of Basenotes!

Default Re: Anyone Been to a Thierry Mugler Event?

Also, I have A*Men, B*Men, and TM Cologne... but I don't wear any of them much. A*Men I love, but find strong and cloying- rarely wear it. B*Men is good, but something about it bugs my sinuses. Mugler Cologne I LOVED until I got a bottle of Creed OV, and I prefer OV. So I don't know what they will have that will impress me. I think maybe the A*Men Summer Flash.

Well, if you're the only guy there, you have dibs on all the male fragrances! Aren't there going to be new summer scents? Maybe they'll have them at this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Also, I have A*Men, B*Men, and TM Cologne... but I don't wear any of them much. *A*Men I love, but find strong and cloying- rarely wear it. *B*Men is good, but something about it bugs my sinuses. *Mugler Cologne I LOVED until I got a bottle of Creed OV, and I prefer OV. *So I don't know what they will have that will impress me. *I think maybe the A*Men Summer Flash.
    Wow, exactly, indeed!

Also, I have A*Men, B*Men, and TM Cologne... but I don't wear any of them much. *A*Men I love, but find strong and cloying- rarely wear it. *B*Men is good, but something about it bugs my sinuses. *Mugler Cologne I LOVED until I got a bottle of Creed OV, and I prefer OV. *So I don't know what they will have that will impress me. *I think maybe the A*Men Summer Flash.
    The Summer Flash may just be for you then....it is not nearly as strong as the original but does resemble it.

Indie_Guy, I've been to these kinds of Nordstrom events (well not one bound to one designer, so it might be different). It depends on what you expect to get out of it. I tried to engage conversations with sales associates, but they brushed me off quickly because they only want to sell. The place was 80% filled with women, so if you're a single guy, that might be the event for you assuming that the demographics are the same. Nonetheless, if you play your cards straight, you can come out with many samples.

- Alex

Well, I called and booked my reservation for the event. Except for one other guy...it looks like I'll be the only dude. I have half a mind to take a bunch of sedatives and show up crocked on downers... It's gonna be weird. The lady told me she'd make sure I'm confortable. I'm gonna get some odd stares probably, because outside of the safety of Basenotes, I realize the rest of the world thinks I'm a weirdo or worse.

I'm thinking about wearing Creed Original Vetiver... heh-heh.

Still the lure of "freebies" makes us do about anything. I wonder if everyone will be wearing Angel and I won't be able to breathe. The thought of all the women there is nice, but what use since they'll all assume I'm gay and that the other dude there is probably my boyfriend or something. So then like clockwork, I'll have to awkwardly assert my heterosexuality, and inevitably come off looking like a jerk. Oh, the whole thing is just one big trainwreck and I haven't even gone yet!

Whatever happens...

Hey indie, I think this is the perfect opportunity to use your meat thermometer pick-up line!!(from the Off Topic board) It will confirm your sexuality in an uneasy situation.

Hey brother, no I have never been to one. I think you should go. You might really enjoy it and learn something about the fragrances to share with us. Also, freebies are an extra incentive. If I was there, I'd go with you so don't be embarrased to go to such an event.

Don't wear OV, people will just think it's TM Cologne! You should wear your bread and butter, Rive Gouche. It will probably help signal that you aren't gay and it will certainly help you pick up some fine honeys.

Hey Guys,

I got a handwritten note in the mail from Nordstrom. This Saturday, they're having a special in-store Thierry Mugler event, called "Sensory Voyage" or something. I have to call and make a reservation and it costs $10 (but the $10 is redeemable for TM products). There is going to be a guest speaker and refreshments.

I'm thinking of going to this. I'm sure they have this in other cities- has anybody gone to one of these events? I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to be embarrassed to be seen there, with all the ladies and what-not... (well, I can't help it- it's TRUE!) But it might be cool, because they're giving away a bunch of free goodies. So I'm probably going to go, but I just wondered what to expect. Outside of Basenoters, what kind of people would GO to an event like this. Maybe I'll be the only person!

Indie

PS-I'm definitely going to ask some of the people if they've heard of Basenotes!

I'd go in a heartbeat.

Where are you? Maybe I'll call my Nordstrom's and see if they're having one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Well, if you're the only guy there, you have dibs on all the male fragrances!

And all the dibs on the single women...

I don't know about Nordstrom, or other great malls, but I was invited to Christian Dior Homme boutique in Milan when they lauched the three exclusive Dior Homme colognes (Cologne blanche, Bois d'Argent and Eau Noire) jointly with their S/S clothes collection. They amazingly talked about the new collection and the newborn exclusive scents, while music underlined the catwalk movie that was going in great screens on the walls. Then some waiters and waitresses served refreshings with champagne glasses a gogo. 70% were cute women so it was a great event where to hang up... I'm very lucky to have been invited to that funny and exclusive party!!!
    So, Indie, what do ya have to loose? Nothing! At least you will come back home with a bunch of samples...

How can you be embarassed? your Indie! Your the man. One of basenotes most loved regurals! Just think the stories you can tell us, after you been there

Trust padawan, trust your self

And fragrance wise. You should wear the one fgrag, thats your favorite of all.I woudnt wear any mugler ones. Thats just too obvious. Be your self

HAH!

I'm on the phone with my local Nordstrom's and I'm ALL signed up.

Woot!

Two other guys going, so we'll split the weemin into groups of three so as to be more managable.

The lady I spoke with was SUPER excited to hear about Basenotes, too. We may have a new member.

Edit: HILARIOUS....I get to meet Indie tomorrow.

I went to a Fragrance "event" at Marshall Fields last year. It was the same deal, pay $10 and get a $10 gift cert for free. It was mostly older and married women so that aspect didn't pan out. They mainly pushed women's scents with a nod to LeMale and Issey here and there. Champagne and ord'oves were good. Think I had 3 glasses! Would definitely go to another one.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    HAH!

I'm on the phone with my local Nordstrom's and I'm ALL signed up.

Woot!

Two other guys going, so we'll split the weemin into groups of three so as to be more managable.

The lady I spoke with was SUPER excited to hear about Basenotes, too. *We may have a new member. *

Edit: *HILARIOUS....I get to meet Indie tomorrow.

LOL! No WAY!

This is hilarious. A Basenotes micro-convention!!! I'd DIE if any of the girls at this thing were familiar with Basenotes. Hey, I look forward to meeting you Dr. Bubba. This is gonna be fun. i'm sending you a PM.

Cheers,

Indie Guy

You guys should take pics and report back!

I am so disgusted with Nordstrom. Why is there not one in my state? And why did the only good department store within driving distance have to get looted, trashed and set on fire (http://www.shoppingcenterbusiness.co...6/story5.shtml)?? (Granted, if I hadn't evacuated, you would have seen me on the news with perfume boxes shoved down my drawers and a pair of stilettos in hand. But I wouldn't have set fire to anything!!!)

Other than the Internet, I literally have zero access to any good frags.

So, savor the Nordstrom event!!!!! I am so jealous!

I can only dream of such events being held in Holland I think.

You have to go and report back, it's your duty as a basenotes member ( Yes I know I'm new here and I have no right to say this and command him to go but I would love to read about this as I can't go myself).
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    Currently wearing: L by Lolita Lempicka

Quote Originally Posted by Lian
    I can only dream of such events being held in Holland I think.

You have to go and report back, it's your duty as a basenotes member ( Yes I know I'm new here and I have no right to say this and command him to go but I would love to read about this as I can't go myself).

Hoe gaat het met jou!

RTbar

Well, I called and booked my reservation for the event. Except for one other guy...it looks like I'll be the only dude. I have half a mind to take a bunch of sedatives and show up crocked on downers... It's gonna be weird. The lady told me she'd make sure I'm confortable. I'm gonna get some odd stares probably, because outside of the safety of Basenotes, I realize the rest of the world thinks I'm a weirdo or worse.

I'm thinking about wearing Creed Original Vetiver... heh-heh.

Still the lure of "freebies" makes us do about anything. I wonder if everyone will be wearing Angel and I won't be able to breathe. The thought of all the women there is nice, but what use since they'll all assume I'm gay and that the other dude there is probably my boyfriend or something. So then like clockwork, I'll have to awkwardly assert my heterosexuality, and inevitably come off looking like a jerk. Oh, the whole thing is just one big trainwreck and I haven't even gone yet!

Whatever happens..
    Indie, I can sympathize with you. Whenever I go scent shopping, I get weird looks and I feel like all the sales assistents think I'm gay haha... I guess it must be odd to see a guy sniffing niche perfume instead of making a bee line for the ADG

Well I went to the Thierry Mugler event and it was fun! *I got to meet fellow Basenoter Dr. Bubba, and he was really cool. *So we hung around and talked to the sales reps and went to Sephora. *He picked up John Varvatos and I bought Terre d'Hermes. *I also was about to leave Nordstroms then as I was walking out the door, I went back for a bottle of Dior Homme.

The reps were all really nice and gave us a bunch of samples and stuff. *I bought some Mugler Cologne shower gel and deo stick...to layer with my Creed Original Vetiver, heh-heh. *It was pretty cool listening to how Mugler created his fragrances, and his inspirations. *I really liked the four floral versions of Angel. *Incredibly sexy IMO. *I got some samples that I'm going to give to this girl I'm seeing.

Well, I gotta cut this short because I have to go to work...

Oh, BTW...I showed the reps some pictures of my massive drobe. *They were impressed. *Dr.Bubba and I definitely spread the word about Basenotes!

Later,

Indie Guy (Ted)

BTW, I wore Rive Gauche Pour Homme

Sounds like it was definetly worth it! And you picked up a Dior Homme, awesome!

I'm going to my mall tonight and hopefully they'll have Terre d'Hermes at Sephora. Hopefully I'll be able to just try it and resist buying. -- I look forward to see what you think about it!

Sounds like a cool thing, those happenings. Wish they did that here too.

Yeah I had a blast.

Was great meeting Indie and learning more about stuff.

We had a good time roaming through Sephora and Nordstroms!

So if I understand correctly this event is over now. Is a report forthcoming (from Indie_Guy or DrBubba)?
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Quote Originally Posted by d4
    So if I understand correctly this event is over now. Is a report forthcoming (from Indie_Guy or DrBubba)?

<<points up a few posts to Indie's recap>>